League Reconstruction 20/21 season

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/news/institute-boss-sean-connor-hits-out-after-ni-football-league-declares-season-over/ar-BB15Ux3A?li=AAnZ9Ug&ocid=mailsignout

Lots of very familiar sounding stuff there such as:

"The integrity of the game has been tarnished."

They also believe the 12 top flight clubs should have shown "solidarity" and ensured any decision didn't "impose disproportional consequences on any individual club".

They also said they would have supported a 'least harm' option of expanding the top tier next season with no relegation and promotion.

Needs more "laughing stock of europe" and "some english guy on talksport was taking the piss out of us 😞".

srcPKee.png

From the BBC rolling Covid updates.

Singing and chanting to be banned, which is fine for us, I just hope booing is still allowed though. If not, that could really impact on the atmosphere at Greenhill Road.

1 minute ago, Ric said:

srcPKee.png

Singing and chanting to be banned, which is fine for us, I just hope booing is still allowed though. If not, that could really impact on the atmosphere at Greenhill Road.

How exactly are they going to enforce the chanting ban? The supporters may well be masked up, which makes it hard to suss out who is and isn't chanting...

Just now, Aim Here said:

How exactly are they going to enforce the chanting ban? The supporters may well be masked up, which makes it hard to suss out who is and isn't chanting...

Well let's be honest here, we've had very public displays of bigotry from some sets of fans and the SPFL/SFA/ScotPolice still did f**k all about it - and that was without masks.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Rangers - "We are at the forefront of developing young Scottish players! Give us a Colt side!"

Also Rangers - 

That is their argument though, isn't it? We can't play the youth in our team because they aren't better than what we have now, so we need colt teams to bring them up to that level.

It's not an argument I agree with, but I believe that is the spin.

Just now, Ric said:

That is their argument though, isn't it? We can't play the youth in our team because they aren't better than what we have now, so we need colt teams to bring them up to that level.

It's not an argument I agree with, but I believe that is the spin.

Their pitch is that Colt sides would "provide a pathway into the first team". Judging by the fact that no U23 Scottish player played a single league minute for Rangers, despite 7 of them playing regularly in League Two or above last season (where the Colts would play), thats clearly a lot of shite.

Robby McCrorie has been loaned out for the past 3 season, and has played in the Championship and Premiership. Surely a successor to McGregor? 

Nah, they sign 32yo Jon McLaughlin instead.

34 minutes ago, Ric said:

srcPKee.png

As long as "Fuckin' Boooooo" is ok.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Their pitch is that Colt sides would "provide a pathway into the first team". Judging by the fact that no U23 Scottish player played a single league minute for Rangers, despite 7 of them playing regularly in League Two or above last season (where the Colts would play), thats clearly a lot of shite.

Robby McCrorie has been loaned out for the past 3 season, and has played in the Championship and Premiership. Surely a successor to McGregor? 

Nah, they sign 32yo Jon McLaughlin instead.

They have already had the chance to develop under 23 players in the Championship, League One & League Two.  Should have taken the opportunity when they had it.

Doncaster now wants the Clubs to cede Covid19 related decisions to the SPFL Board for this season. Does that ring any alarm bells for anyone? Were the recent proposals around reconstruction and Colts not Covid19 initiatives? Is he trying to get round the Clubs and suck up to Sevco and Budge? I certainly would not give him any authority to make decisions on behalf of the Clubs until it was clear what areas were covered.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53167718

2 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Doncaster now wants the Clubs to cede Covid19 related decisions to the SPFL Board for this season. Does that ring any alarm bells for anyone? Were the recent proposals around reconstruction and Colts not Covid19 initiatives? Is he trying to get round the Clubs and suck up to Sevco and Budge? I certainly would not give him any authority to make decisions on behalf of the Clubs until it was clear what areas were covered.

Was he no just saying before the last vote that executive powers would not be invoked. Don’t want / do want! 400k PA for this clown 🤡 

9 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Given the clubs' abject failure to get around a common course of action in a crisis this time, I don't see how there is any choice in the event of a repeat. It wouldn't give him power to dictate, just the collective board members, voted for by all members afaik.

Edited by welshbairn

10 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Aye, he should be told to bolt. Given the timing of this and the timeline in general it's not difficult to read between the lines here.

A far better solution is to put something in the rules that covers a season being disrupted which cannot be finished and make clear what happens in such situations.

Edited by DA Baracus

That would allow the board to show the sort of ‘leadership’ that many of the BBC commentators have been moaning was missing. 

What should be happening is that the clubs have some kind of mechanism in place to decide the outcome of the season before it starts. For example only 10 games played no restart for 4 months null and void, 30 games played season called points per game etc. 

Gives a level playing field at the beginning and everyone knows the potential outcomes. 

2 minutes ago, DumbartonBud said:

That would allow the board to show the sort of ‘leadership’ that many of the BBC commentators have been moaning was missing. 

What should be happening is that the clubs have some kind of mechanism in place to decide the outcome of the season before it starts. For example only 10 games played no restart for 4 months null and void, 30 games played season called points per game etc. 

Gives a level playing field at the beginning and everyone knows the potential outcomes. 

Yes, you would think that emergency regulations would be more appropriate than emergency powers.  Learn from the contentious elements of the shutdown & put procedures in place that would avoid any dubiety should the same happen again.