League Reconstruction 20/21 season

1 minute ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Same way as they've done in the past. It's not like reconstruction is a new thing in Scottish football. 

That’s not an answer! You’ve got tons to say, what are your thoughts on those details?

Edited by ribzanelli

5 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Good incentive to finish top 6 then and everyone would know the rules when they start. Calling the league, handing out titles and Euro places and reconstruction would have benefitted at least Hearts, PT, Stranraer, Kelty, Brorra, Brechin, Hamilton (as the team facing a playoff), Falkirk, Raith, D Utd, Cove, Celtic, Caley, Well, Aberdeen and Rangers. Dundee and Ayr might have some right to feel aggrieved at not having a playoff chance for promotion. Aside from that no-one would have lost significant money. They'd all just have to focus on getting into the top 6 or whatever.

The decision they made to call it with relegation, Euro spots awarded and no playoffs benefited Celtic, Dundee Utd, Rangers, Well, Raith, Cove, Brechin, Hamilton, County, St Mirren and whoever else was in danger of relegation down the leagues. It seriously damaged Hearts, PT and Stranraer, as well as the teams in playoff for promotion places. It's pretty clear which was the solution that caused the least damage

Yes indeed.

Guest 8GamesToGo
Just now, Ric said:

Untitled-1.png.e655edb307a45704baed2ab4d27fd746.png

Oh sorry I thought it was a thread to put forward the pros and cons of reconstruction and associated topics. I didn't realise it was a gang of folk who discussed it for a while before getting annoyed with Ann Budge for saying something and then all deciding together to then oppose it forever.

3 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

I was catching up with Sportsound podcasts today and someone said that exact same thing about D Utd and I agree with him.

If they were big enough they would have made it up sooner than taking four seasons to get up, even Hibs managed quicker. 

Guest 8GamesToGo
6 minutes ago, ribzanelli said:

What are your thoughts on the fine details of the reconstruction plan? For example the redistribution of prize money going forward, how the split would work, how we would revert to 12-10-10-10 in a few seasons?

f**k that. It's Doncaster's job FFS. Budge should never have had to develop the proposal in the first place. He can't even attract his own investors into the game. Has to rely on Budge for that too.

f**k that. It's Doncaster's job FFS. Budge should never have had to develop the proposal in the first place. He can't even attract his own investors into the game. Has to rely on Budge for that too.

I’m so confused? So you thought they were good plans? Well thought out? 

Guest 8GamesToGo
3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Cove Rangers fans doing their own fundraiser march from Balmoral Stadium to Tannadice in aid of the fuckthejambos fund.

Got to hand it to Hearts. Faciliate millions of investment into the game, give everyone something to talk and write about while the football's not on, help keep lawyers in coke and models and improve the health of football fans around the country. 

This thread man 🤣

That poor dead horse has been getting it from Hearts for months now.

I wonder how far into next season the Jambo tears will extend?

Guest 8GamesToGo
2 minutes ago, ribzanelli said:

I’m so confused? So you thought they were good plans? Well thought out? 

From what I saw, yes. Either it would keep going or see further expansion. Or we'd see more clubs relegated one season to get it back to the way it was, in which case I'd hope my team played well enough to avoid that. I want an 18-team top league so anything that might bring that a step closer is good to me.

Got to hand it to Hearts. Faciliate millions of investment into the game, give everyone something to talk and write about while the football's not on, help keep lawyers in coke and models and improve the health of football fans around the country. 

It's really crap when people take the bribes and don't come onside. Shame they combined it with threats of bankruptcy to everyone.

4 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Either it would keep going or see further expansion. Or we'd see more clubs relegated one season to get it back to the way it was, 

Which one was it? 

Were you happy with proposed redistribution of prize money? Did the proposed split satisfy you?

Guest 8GamesToGo
11 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

If they were big enough they would have made it up sooner than taking four seasons to get up, even Hibs managed quicker. 

From what I remember of Budge saying that it was jumped on by the press but it was pretty clear she was pointing out that Hearts do generate money for the league, which is true. So it's kind of answering the question "What can you do for us?"

I remember thinking it was unnecessary to say ( as everyone knows it even if they don't admit it) or advisable as it was always going to be thrown back at her. To me it's no different to saying Kelty and whoever will bring plenty of fans and money into the league so let's get them promoted. It's a simple fact that clubs with large fanbases and travelling supports and whatever are good for the game and the league they are in a general sense. That doesn't mean they have a divine right to be in a league obviously. I do get why she gets it thrown back but PR is probably down her list of priorities right now. I thought it was a bit of a Rangers-y or Celtic-y thing to say. She seems a pretty down to earth, honest person to me so that may not have crossed her mind.

15 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Budge should never have had to  been given the opportunity to develop the proposal in the first place.

FTFY.

That Budge horsed it, is nobody's fault but her own.

Guest 8GamesToGo
4 minutes ago, ribzanelli said:

Which one was it? 

Why decide now? See how it goes and give it a try. maybe everyone would like it.

Were you happy with proposed redistribution of prize money?

Yes. And if we had a competent person running the league we might even have a sponsor to put more money in.

Did the proposed split satisfy you?

I hate splits so am in favour of an 18 team league but yes I thought it was better than the current split but can't remember why. If you really want my views on how leagues should be run, I'd have playoffs for the title but obviously that would never fly!

Guest 8GamesToGo
10 minutes ago, ribzanelli said:

Can you remind me what the proposed prize money redistribution was and how the split was going to work again please?

FFS. Reconstruction wasn't just about the top league as two teams from the non leagues would come in. Aside from that it's still 10 teams for those leagues. I don't care about those details because it's not my job to and I don't think it's an issue and it wouldn't have been for your club Raith. Because for what I can remember (feel free to post it) the trickle down loss was minimal if anything. Raith would actually have a better chance of making it to the Premiership under reconstruction.

First, two extra clubs would get all the extra money and big crowds from being in the top league. Second, clubs below like Dundee and Raith and everyone really would have a better chance of promotion into the top league this coming season at least. Third, prize money in this country does not make or break clubs' finances. No club should be budgeting using prize money and everyone would have the chance to get into the top group after the split. Clubs like Hamilton would also have less chance of getting relegated. Long term who knows because everyone might actually like it.

If I was a Raith fan I'd have been right up for it. Put a good team together for a 27 game league and you'd have a real chance of getting up. There would be much less chance with Hearts down there. Same goes for Dundee and several other clubs. But apparently none of them wanted to do anything to help Caley 🤣 Scottish football in a nutshell.

Edited by 8GamesToGo