League Reconstruction 20/21 season

Guest 8GamesToGo
56 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

When you lose the arbitration case you will need to cover all costs: Dundee, Raith, Cove, Spfl, Sfa, is going to be at least 500k. Hope you've got it. Could be a poinding outside Budge's townhouse.  

Will we ask all the other teams to pay for it though? Hamilton's parachute payment shifted to us instead of being pockets by the SPFL will cover it.

Guest 8GamesToGo
58 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

You do know that part of the parachute playoff payments come out of the revenue from the playoffs, don't you? It hasn't been offered because it's still in the pockets of Inverness and Accies fans.

Which part? How much?

Guest 8GamesToGo
59 minutes ago, Green Day said:

You do understand that the euro spot went to 4th BECAUSE WE CANT PLAY FOOTBALL AT ALL AND NEED TO TELL UEFA BY A PREDETERMINED DEADLINE WHICH WE COULD NOT MEET.

Sorry for shouting,  but given you have been told this already I assumed you missed it.

The SC is playing and as it's just 3 games could be played from Saturday before the season starts as a wee warm up given contact sport behind closed doors is now OK. Or it could be if Celtic weren't apparently jetting off to France for some pre-season games. You could actually finish the SC within 3 days in one stadium. It would be the fairest way as Hearts haven't yet started trimming the squad for the Championship as we don't know for sure what league we're in. I'm sure we could have thrashed something out with UEFA if we'd tried. They could for example say, we're putting Aberdeen through but might change it to Hearts or Hibs. Might that work?

They haven;t even finished last year's European tourneys yet. oh look. They focused on playing them to a finish and not cancelling them.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

5 minutes ago, Ric said:

Tommy Sheridan is as full on in person as you'd expect him to be.

Not that he isn't a nice enough bloke, I should say. Lots of energy there though.

Yes, I went to see him speak when I was still young & idealistic.  Strangely, he was expounding on the evils of pie production.  In that factories will slap different packaging on the same pie, which will cost buttons in a petrol station & a small fortune in Waitrose. 

1 hour ago, 8GamesToGo said:

There was nothing stoping the SPFL getting all clubs together ages ago if calling the league early really was the only route they wanted to go down and coming up with a compensation package. At that time Budge was talking 3m and probably would settle for half. Instead they didn't even mention the relegated clubs in their announcement after the resolution was passed (eventually).

From the start the SPFL has set the tone of this. They've used the media to say they have no money, ie no compensation for you. This basically meant take it to court or nothing and forced Hearts and Pt's hands from the start.

They didn't take control of the reconstruction process. They didn't take control of anything to be honest. Club chairman have been all over the papers spouting all sorts of nonsense. Now very quiet all of a sudden - why's that? Nothing to gain for them I suppose.

They've set clubs against clubs. In social media the open misogyny has been absolutely disgusting, also from a couple of club chairmen in the press one in particular I can't remember his name. Do we honestly think one of the boys club members would have got this level of stick? Now they're promoting a tactic of actually encouraging open warfare between clubs. I only see this as helping Pt and Hearts but it's an absolute car crash and it's all on the SPFL. 

3 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

Yes, I went to see him speak when I was still young & idealistic.  Strangely, he was expounding on the evils of pie production.  In that factories will slap different packaging on the same pie, which will cost buttons in a petrol station & a small fortune in Waitrose. 

He's not wrong on that last point. Which is why you won't find me in Waitrose.

That said, the level of vacuous bourgeoisie would drive me to distraction. ;)

11 hours ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Lol says a livi fan who team has administrations like seasons. 

Predictable retort from a Hearts fan, and a tad exaggerated when our admin count is 2, just 1 more than Hearts.

We were being run by incompetents, and basket cases, something Hearts fans should know about, your current incumbent is the former, and Romanov the latter. Though on current form Budge may be taking both titles. 

We were a total clusterfuck back then, which no Livi fan would be denying (unlike Hearts fans just now), however back to back promotions and 2 seasons in the top flight, with a 5th place finish in our second season, all with the lowest and  2nd lowest budgets in the leagues, suggests we're being well run now, unlike Hearts who are a shambolic mess.

1 hour ago, 8GamesToGo said:

They didn't take control of the reconstruction process.

You're averaging almost a hundred posts a day on this topic, yet by your own admission, you didn't even know what reconstruction proposals your chairwoman put forward. Again, your club was given the opportunity to reshape Scottish football for their own benefit, which is ridiculous in itself. That they messed it up is their own damn fault. Nobody else's.

Guest 8GamesToGo
Just now, Shotgun said:

You're averaging almost a hundred posts a day on this topic, yet by your own admission, you didn't even know what reconstruction proposals your chairwoman put forward. Again, your club was given the opportunity to reshape Scottish football for their own benefit, which is ridiculous in itself. That they messed it up is their own damn fault. Nobody else's.

Lots were discussed. The one that was said to have support and that was voted on was 14-10-10-10.

20 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Which part? How much?

How much money does a football match rake in, exactly? Depends on which teams are playing, what days they're playing, how their fans are feeling that day, what TV sponsorship deals there are, what the weather's like, and so on. The SPFL gets 50% of the takings (after some deductions) from the playoffs.

Point is, the SPFL gets a cut of that income and that's part of what's used for the parachute payment. This year, it's taking in less revenue that would ordinarily be thought of as parachute payments for relegated teams, and the coronavirus put an end to that. You can tell that the playoff income and the parachute payments are coupled together, because the income is treated differently in the SPFL accounts, depending on whether the amount exceeds the parachute payment or not.

Edited by Aim Here

Guest 8GamesToGo
14 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Kit man must have been on some money.

Latest in a long list of embarrassments for hearts.

Yes us sacking hibs kit man is a big beamer for us.

Guest 8GamesToGo
Just now, Aim Here said:

How much money does a football match rake in, exactly? Depends on which teams are playing, what days they're playing, how their fans are feeling that day, what TV sponsorship deals there are, what the weather's like, and so on. The SPFL gets 50% of the takings (after some deductions) from the playoffs.

Point is, the SPFL gets a cut of that income and that's part of what's used for the parachute payment. It's taking in less revenue that would ordinarily be thought of as parachute payments for relegated teams, and the coronavirus put an end to that. You can tell that the playoff income and the parachute payments are coupled together, because the income is treated differently in the SPFL accounts, depending on whether the amount exceeds the parachute payment or not.

Ok so where’s the part not paid for by that?