George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

I'm sure a sustained media campaign will follow to force the Tories into revoking a host of party memberships... 

... Or they'll realise that if they did so then they couldn't fill a social club with their next party conference and will instead continue sweep away and legitimise racism

IMG-20200622-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20200622-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20200622-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20200622-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20200622-WA0004.jpg

13 hours ago, Angusfifer said:

I can mind Brian McPhee scoring four goals in a 5-5 draw against us at Bayview and getting a lot of racist abuse. I tried to reason with them but got told to f**k off. The polis didn't want to know either when I did a Lee Wallace. 

Scottish fitba has come a long way

I heard Jose Quitongo being called a "fucking monkey" by a Sons fan before. Jose was playing for us at the time. Mind boggling.

16 hours ago, MrMartinBlack9 said:

Would you guys say that Scotland has less of a racism problem than England does? I moved to the Highlands last year & people in general here seem to have a much more ‘live & let live’ attitude - definitely seems to be less gammon & more tolerant / non racist people here from what I’ve found. Obviously I can only speak for myself / the area I live in, though.

People like Tommy Robinson, Nigel Farage & the Football Lads Alliance make me ashamed to be English, if I’m honest.

I find that insecure Scots tend to be too busy trying to find out what school you attended to have any time left over for racism. Insecure bams down here find it easier to consult their Dulux chart in order to decide if you're an acceptable target. Anti-East European discrimination tends to be beyond most of them.

17 hours ago, MrMartinBlack9 said:

Would you guys say that Scotland has less of a racism problem than England does? I moved to the Highlands last year & people in general here seem to have a much more ‘live & let live’ attitude - definitely seems to be less gammon & more tolerant / non racist people here from what I’ve found. Obviously I can only speak for myself / the area I live in, though.

People like Tommy Robinson, Nigel Farage & the Football Lads Alliance make me ashamed to be English, if I’m honest.

Two of the main stories in the Dunfermline Press recently have been a local Asian guy who wanted to kill himself over the racist abuse he faced growing up and a successful young actor (Ncuti Gatwa) who faced terrible racist abuse growing up in Dunfermline. He explained how be befriended the racists to try and educated them and ended up being friends with many of them and that made school more bearable. 

We elect fairly inclusive, left-leaning politicians in Scotland and we don't have the nasty right wing institutions as our southern neighbours, so to us white people we probably do think Scotland isn't a very racist country. The Tommy Robinson "football lad" gammon type is maybe less prevalent up here but I'd be surprised if you could find any non white (or even white English) that have not faced some form of discrimination or abuse here. 

East End Park, Mark Walters playing for Rangers. In those days the home end would be filled with pockets of Rangers fans. I remember my old man nearly causing a riot when someone shouted "Black B...." at Walters. Tensions bristled. My dad pulled him up and said "he's not a black b he's a bluenosed b..". Didn't go down well with the visitors. 

42 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

East End Park, Mark Walters playing for Rangers. In those days the home end would be filled with pockets of Rangers fans. I remember my old man nearly causing a riot when someone shouted "Black B...." at Walters. Tensions bristled. My dad pulled him up and said "he's not a black b he's a bluenosed b..". Didn't go down well with the visitors. 

Did he, aye?

11 minutes ago, Canoeist said:

Did he, aye?

Well yes, that's why I posted it. He would always get smashed in the hospitality and become a bit of an embarrassment. He has been dead for 22 years though so I can only apologise on his behalf that he's not able to log on and confirm. 

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

I mind Jose Quitongo saying he never got that much racist abuse in Scotland, compared to people he knew who played elsewhere, because he was too busy being a Jambo b*****d or Paisley b*****d to be a Black b*****d.

We're quite open minded in a close minded kind of way up here.

Lying that he heard voices in his head or clearly lying because there is no such thing as "God".

Lying about voices telling him to do it. Without wishing to get into it as it’s pretty grim there were very clear sexual motivations for the murders and practically all his victims were sexually assaulted.

Often sexual offenders and even murderers will lie about their motivations to try and sugar coat it. The Son of Sam case is another good example, people still think his neighbours dog told him to do it.

7 hours ago, AMMjag said:

I'm sure a sustained media campaign will follow to force the Tories into revoking a host of party memberships... 

... Or they'll realise that if they did so then they couldn't fill a social club with their next party conference and will instead continue sweep away and legitimise racism

IMG-20200622-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20200622-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20200622-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20200622-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20200622-WA0004.jpg

The funny thing is that there were Africans here probably before their ancestors arrived and settled. https://www.history.co.uk/article/the-history-of-black-britain-roman-africans#:~:text=Although a gradual process%2C the,the Roman Empire was multicultural.

23 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

NAP they have been on a security course in Israel

Possibly but it could also be down to rank and file morons.

It seems like a terrible strategy though as this is the kind of thing that will get people voting for Defund candidates in primaries. 

47 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

So much for the tolerant left eh?

I think many people who believe themselves to be 'left wing' are anything but tolerant. They're modern day puritans who police what people say and get hysterical if certain views are aired publicly. 

I have many 'left wing' views - I believe in the regulation of the economy, and a decent welfare state and free health care. But I'm also a 'fascist' as I think mass-immigration has been bad and I believe in people's unfettered right to articulate their political views (free speech).

Whilst I believe the cop in the video has every right to be presumed innocent, and that he should be able to walk the streets unmolested, I live in the real world. Is there a better time to be in his position than right now when people are actually being encouraged to wear masks?

Edited by Sinner-to-Saint