American looking for an SPFL team

3 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Are you, in a round about way, trying to tell me Partick will be better than St Johnstone at some point in the future?

We'll beat your colt side in the Tunnock's Caramel Wafer Cup. Mark my words.

6 hours ago, Smurph said:

Partick Thistle are Glasgow's 'third' and non-sectarian football club. We finished 6th in the Premiership, our highest finish in 30 years, in 2018.

Since then we have been relegated to the Championship via the play-offs, avoided relegation to League One via the play-offs on the last day of the season and now relegated again - due to a mix of global pandemic, refereeing decisions and Gary Caldwell. Our only saving grace is that our mascot is pretty fucked up and we're not Rangers or Celtic.

Think this ship has sailed.

Edit: Oh, we're also suing the SPFL along with Hearts if you like a good suing. It's not even our money.

Mid-table comfort, I think you'll find mon frere. 

16 hours ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Here yank wouldnt like you to be getting the wool pulled over yer een 🤘

This was widely covered in the States with groups of people gathering together to watch it live. You can see from the picture that Hillary is definitely a Hibbee572760339105841c008c0220?width=1200&form

• 1 month later...
On 13/08/2020 at 13:18, AmericanFan said:

Taking the season to decide. I’ve narrowed it down to:

Ross County, St. Mirren, Kilmarnock, Motherwell, Hearts (yeah, I know), both Dundee teams, ICT and Queen of the South.
My original criteria has changed and there are things I like and dislike about all ranging from club colors to playing in way too big a stadium.

Saw this posted on the St Mirren thread.

Couple of questions...

Why have Aberdeen and Hibs been knocked out?

One of your criteria is club colours, Dundee United? Really?

3 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Saw this posted on the St Mirren thread.

Couple of questions...

Why have Aberdeen and Hibs been knocked out?

One of your criteria is club colours, Dundee United? Really?

The reasons or influences for supporting a club has been done before. If you're a distant observer and just like football, why would you need a team to support?

6 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

The reasons or influences for supporting a club has been done before. If you're a distant observer and just like football, why would you need a team to support?

Their stadium could be quite compelling. Or their policy of signing players whose name relates to the club.

On 24/06/2020 at 01:34, Arabdownunder said:

This was widely covered in the States with groups of people gathering together to watch it live. You can see from the picture that Hillary is definitely a Hibbee572760339105841c008c0220?width=1200&form

On first glance it looked like Hilary was smoking a spliff. The boy to the left of her has already had a toke.

Edited by crispy

14 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I personally find it a struggle to fully get into a game or foreign league without having a team to favour. I mean, I will watch them but I don't get engrossed in anyway.

Just now, johnnydun said:

I personally find it a struggle to fully get into a game or foreign league without having a team to favour. I mean, I will watch them but I don't get engrossed in anyway.

Even last night? I do have preferences, but support is too strong a word. Unless defeat ruins your weekend and those around you, you don't support a team.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Even last night? I do have preferences, but support is too strong a word. Unless defeat ruins your weekend and those around you, you don't support a team.

I actually felt a bit a sad to see Barca get destroyed. I did give a "yass" when they got their second goal although it might just've been because I was still hoping for a contest. 

As an aside, I'm enjoying this knockout style CL and consecutive nights. I'd image there are too many opportunities to cash in (with second legs) for it to stick longterm.

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I didn't watch a game last night for the very reason of 'couldn't care less'.

I'm a Dundee fan ffs, I have no idea what a good weekend is.

Just now, crispy said:

I actually felt a bit a sad to see Barca get destroyed. I did give a "yass" when they got their second goal although it might just've been because I was still hoping for a contest. 

As an aside, I'm enjoying this knockout style CL and consecutive nights. I'd image there are too many opportunities to cash in (with second legs) for it to stick longterm.

They might see some potential in a separate tournament to parially replace club friendlies. Pre-season 16 team k.o. Competition.

Just now, johnnydun said:

I didn't watch a game last night for the very reason of 'couldn't care less'.

I'm a Dundee fan ffs, I have no idea what a good weekend is.

Last night was perfect for me, even though my usual preference is Barcelona. I don't do tactical analysis. I want incident and goals.