Cancel culture

I subscribe to the theory that Rowling only wrote the original Potter. She had a hand in the rest, but it was a team effort.

My submitted evidence includes, her embarrassing retcons and the abomination of the Striker novels.

16 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

I subscribe to the theory that Rowling only wrote the original Potter. She had a hand in the rest, but it was a team effort.

My submitted evidence includes, her embarrassing retcons and the abomination of the Striker novels.

I like this idea.

You know that saying that Corbyn came out with about there being a novel in everyone, even complete fucking idiots whos brains have rotted? Well,

20 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

That was Steve Bruce but he and JK have a similar writing style.

12 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

That was Steve Bruce but he and JK have a similar writing style.

Have you ever seen JK Rowling and Steve Bruce in the same room together ?

EXACTLY

• 1 month later...

No idea where else to put this. Apparently the old pop culture darling Joss Whedon is taking a bit of a pounding for being a cock at the moment.

A lot of very generalised statements, but a bit light on specific allegations. Anyone know what he's supposed to have done?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56023198

Boobs are now being cancelled.

Midwives have been told to say “chestfeeding” instead of “breastfeeding” and to replace the term “mother” with “mother or birthing parent” as part of moves to be more trans-friendly.

Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust is the first in the country to formally implement a gender inclusive language policy for its maternity services department, which will now be known as “perinatal services

Staff have been instructed that “breastmilk” should be replaced with the phrases “human milk”, “breast/chestmilk” or “milk from the feeding mother or parent”.

Other changes include replacing the use of “woman” with “woman or person” and “father” with “parent”, “co-parent” or “second biological parent”, depending on the circumstances

27 minutes ago, BFTD said:

No idea where else to put this. Apparently the old pop culture darling Joss Whedon is taking a bit of a pounding for being a cock at the moment.

A lot of very generalised statements, but a bit light on specific allegations. Anyone know what he's supposed to have done?

Whedon is bearded, he's guilty. 

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Man who gained fame, money and praise for being instrumental to  the development of completely not toxic "nerd culture" in being emotionally stunted fucking asshole shock 

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Midwives have been told to say “chestfeeding” instead of “breastfeeding” and to replace the term “mother” with “mother or birthing parent” as part of moves to be more trans-friendly.

Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust is the first in the country to formally implement a gender inclusive language policy for its maternity services department, which will now be known as “perinatal services

Staff have been instructed that “breastmilk” should be replaced with the phrases “human milk”, “breast/chestmilk” or “milk from the feeding mother or parent”.

Other changes include replacing the use of “woman” with “woman or person” and “father” with “parent”, “co-parent” or “second biological parent”, depending on the circumstances

Problem? 

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Cordelia from Buffy (Charisma Carpenter (what a name btw) posted this 

Had heard murmurings for years that Whedon was a toxic weirdo which isn't surprising given what @Genuine Hibs Fan said. Whedon nerd culture nearly had me pining for the Snyder Cut.

This is very similar to the 'political correctness gone too far' nonsense.

Showing some understanding of gender neutral terms when it is relevant to do so is a considerate and sensible thing. But bringing in this kind of general widespread advice is just fucking stupid.

The fault lies with morons making stupid decisions - not with the idea of a more considerate way of dealing with transgender people. Fuckwits in middle management positions.

On top of that there were plenty of cases that were entirely fictional in order to who up hysteria.

41 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Cordelia from Buffy (Charisma Carpenter (what a name btw) posted this 

Had heard murmurings for years that Whedon was a toxic weirdo which isn't surprising given what @Genuine Hibs Fan said. Whedon nerd culture nearly had me pining for the Snyder Cut.

Made the mistake of looking at the replies - a variety of different flavours of "STFU and leave my Jossy alone!"  :mellow:

I thought I recognised the name Charisma Carpenter - she survived a real-life encounter with a serial killer when she was a kid. Unrelated, but interesting.

Also just noticed that the Daily Record are essentially reporting this as "celebrity Celtic fan in abuse shocker" - what the f**k is wrong with the Scottish press?!  :1eye

8 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Also just noticed that the Daily Record are essentially reporting this as "celebrity Celtic fan in abuse shocker" - what the f**k is wrong with the Scottish press?!  :1eye

I forget whether it was the Sun or the Record but there was a story a few years ago about Wayne Rooney and he was described as a 'diehard Celt'.  He'd gone with his friends to one game!

Edited by Highland Capital