WoSFL Premier Division thread

Beith are deserved winners but must say that the standard of the league is dreadful as is Scottish football in general. 

A poor Talbot team finishing in the top 3 shows this.

5 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Beith are deserved winners but must say that the standard of the league is dreadful as is Scottish football in general. 

A poor Talbot team finishing in the top 3 shows this.

Can’t fathom why Talbot won so many games they were rank in both games against Clydebank.

Is it just living on the name?

7 minutes ago, Vanderbilt said:

Can’t fathom why Talbot won so many games they were rank in both games against Clydebank.

It's a pain in the arse when your team is seen as a big scalp but are playing poorly. Everyone you play fancies their chances and raises their game. Talbot have had to work very hard to raise their standard after the terrible start. I think that (as Andy mentioned) the standard of the league isn't that great overall. Beith are the best of a fairly run of the mill bunch. 

10 minutes ago, Vanderbilt said:

That's probably the most absurd and stupid comment you've ever made. And you've made a few stonkers.

How the f@ck does a name win games?

16 minutes ago, Vanderbilt said:

I think it took a wonder goal at Yoker's ground to separate us the last game.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Casper Wilson said:

That's probably the most absurd and stupid comment you've ever made. And you've made a few stonkers.

How the f@ck does a name win games?

Teams are still scared of going to Beechwood and they shouldn’t  be as the team on the pitch is very ordinary.

Nowhere near the teams of the recent past.

Edited by Vanderbilt

Congratulations to Beith , Deserved winners.

Another wasted season though progression wise , surely movement of clubs within the pyramid set up is key to its successs at our level ... highest placed licensed club should compete in the play off imo.

7 minutes ago, mike strutter said:

Another wasted season though progression wise , surely movement of clubs within the pyramid set up is key to its successs at our level ... highest placed licensed club should compete in the play off imo.

That's already been done to death on here, and the fact that it's Clydebank at the moment won't change it.

Although to be honest, most of the non-bankies on here look at this and would be glad to see the back of your lot.

The biggest load of whinging, self-entitled egoists that ever disgraced football.

14 minutes ago, Casper Wilson said:

That's already been done to death on here, and the fact that it's Clydebank at the moment won't change it.

Although to be honest, most of the non-bankies on here look at this and would be glad to see the back of your lot.

The biggest load of whinging, self-entitled egoists that ever disgraced football.

Thanks Alex.

Better than being a fanless club who play in a cage with the biggest budget in the league and finish 9th!

12 minutes ago, Vanderbilt said:

Thanks Alex.

Better than being a fanless club who play in a cage with the biggest budget in the league and finish 9th!

Repetition of something that's wrong will not make it right. But Hey ho, if that's what you need to float yer boat. Then you carry on believing it.

48 minutes ago, mike strutter said:

Would you be saying that if Talbot finish runner up?

All teams that are ambitious and good enough to go up have achieved, well done.

Had my team blown the league in February, user's on here would have been out with their gattling guns!

Just sayin. 

24 minutes ago, happy said:

All teams that are ambitious and good enough to go up have achieved, well done.

Had my team blown the league in February, user's on here would have been out with their gattling guns!

Just sayin. 

For the last month or so a few of my friends were telling me Talbot were still a huge threat to us , in private discussions i told them nobody wins a league title with the goalie you have and didn't want to ever say it on here in case it bit me however I just knew his clanger or two were never far away.  Leishman was a huge position to cover as everyone knows.

3 hours ago, andy25 said:

Dont imagine it'll be much fun against EK.

Could be a cricket score...

Cumbernauld Colts are only three places below them and we saw them off... with a performance I'd rather we'd kept for the league.

Just now, KirkieRR said:

Cumbernauld Colts are only three places below them and we saw them off... with a performance I'd rather we'd kept for the league.

Important to factor in that EK will either be in party mode after promotion or licking their wounds after an MK bottle job.

11 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Important to factor in that EK will either be in party mode after promotion or licking their wounds after an MK bottle job.

Hopefully its another MK bottle job 🙏 

i remember when Talbot beat Bonnyrigg in the final there were folk bending over backward to insist that we were lucky that Bonnyrigg were going up and didn't care about the cup final. God, I miss the pain that Talbot winning stuff cases to certain people on here.😀