WoSFL Premier Division thread

Just now, Casper Wilson said:

You must be a politician.

Never give a straight answer.

I answered your direct question in a direct way with the truth. Sorry if it wasn't the answer you wanted.

1 minute ago, glensmad said:

We already are, as we now have access to Scottish FA Licensing which we would never have had in the old West Region SJFA.

Obviously we cannot compete financially with the big teams in the Premier and some of the big-spending teams currently in the First Division, but in a few years' time things may have levelled out a bit, time will tell.

So from the licensing other than a potential run in the Scottish what else are your benefits? You could have had a compliant stadium at any point? Talbot qualified through sporting merit to the big Scottish years before. 

Unfortunately money some clubs, we had our spell, are throwing at the team is ridiculous. Unsure how you control that right enough. There is no need to be paying players £1600 a week or £800 a week. It is not what this level should be about. 

History tells you those throwing money around get found out. IM had there time, KR had there time. We have certainly slowed down on spending front however still going strong at the moment, that I am sure will change in the coming seasons. 

Just now, rhubarb1974 said:

So from the licensing other than a potential run in the Scottish what else are your benefits? You could have had a compliant stadium at any point? Talbot qualified through sporting merit to the big Scottish years before. 

Unfortunately money some clubs, we had our spell, are throwing at the team is ridiculous. Unsure how you control that right enough. There is no need to be paying players £1600 a week or £800 a week. It is not what this level should be about. 

History tells you those throwing money around get found out. IM had there time, KR had there time. We have certainly slowed down on spending front however still going strong at the moment, that I am sure will change in the coming seasons. 

We could have had a compliant stadium, but we still couldn't have got access to Licensing if the WoSFL hadn't happened.

7 hours ago, rhubarb1974 said:

East Kilbride   -  glorified cage

Cumbernauld Colts just rent a ground - 8,000 capcity stadium

Hearts B just ground share with Whitehill - non competitive team - Spartans, and SPFL ground

Celtic B just ground share with Airdrie - non competitive team  - an SPFL ground

University of Stirling - an SPFL ground

Caley Braves - glorified cage

Gretna - a former SPFL ground

Edinburgh Uni  - A decent non-league ground with stand

Gala fairydean - A very decent non-league ground with stand

Broomhill just rent a ground - an SPFL Ground

Two out of 18 ain't bad.

6 hours ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Cages, groundshares all things that shouldn't be allowed at this level. No need for them, have your own ground or be restricted to below the west/east etc...premier league. Should be allowed in west prem up. 

Better kick-out Clyde from the SPFL then.

2 hours ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Do you think ground sharing is good? If so why, and what limits do you place on it?

Do you think 3G surfaces are good? If so why a top flights leagues against them i.e. England, Spain, Italy etc...

I put Gretna down 100% as a cage type pitch. 

Jeezo, you're all over the shop.

Bring back the Joonyurs eh.......

24 minutes ago, Casper Wilson said:

Let me apologise for my poor wording.

I didn't mean the formation of the LL, I should have said the formation of the LL's version of the WOSFL.

A version instigated by clandestine meetings of personnel from the LL and others.

2 of whom have gone on to boast about their part in it.

It was hardly clandestine. 

PWG was deid. The SJFA side begging for any ideas because they wouldn't sanction the west region going in alone. 

Individual clubs went to find out how to instigate a West league that would get sanctioned. 

Hence the notes of interest. A meeting to inform potential applicants. Then the actual applications etc. 

I might as well ask you about the attempts by the West Region/SJFA to kill off the independent WoSFL. As well as months of all in conferences being public, only to have the West Premier tacked on after formation. Since you know about backroom dealings. 

On 04/03/2024 at 06:22, PossilYM said:

Big City drug problem, nobody will deny it.

Although wasn't there a news report from Auchinleck last year of mobs with pitchforks wanting to burn village folks out their houses.

Your funny!

3 minutes ago, beaver watch said:

Your funny!

It would be funny if wasn't so tragic.

It even touched us on here.

See shoot out in Main St Cambuslang.

The attempted execution of the Cambuslang Rangers manager wasn't because of a dodgy offside decision.

8 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

It would be funny if wasn't so tragic.

It even touched us on here.

See shoot out in Main St Cambuslang.

The attempted execution of the Cambuslang Rangers manager wasn't because of a dodgy offside decision.

Have no idea what your going on about.

47 minutes ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Isn't that their own problem? If they overspend and don't achieve what they want there will be consequences. Why should fans of other clubs care? 

In terms of the restructure I dont understand how you can say it has failed? The league has been going for 3 seasons (1 of which was during a global pandemic), what is your definition of success? 

People are quick to forget that the then Ayrshire clubs in the West Premier made a mess of trying to fix this prior to Kelty leaving. The SJFA attempted to create a West/East 2 tier league with the remainder remaining regional below it. There was an indicative vote taken with the East voting unanimously for it with the Ayrshire clubs (with the exception of 1) voting to reject it with a 7 to 5 majority. Kelty left the year after and the rest is history. 

Also, people make atmospheres not ground so that is a load of nonsense. I am not a big fan of cages but it can be done right.

48 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Isn't that their own problem? If they overspend and don't achieve what they want there will be consequences. Why should fans of other clubs care? 

In terms of the restructure I dont understand how you can say it has failed? The league has been going for 3 seasons (1 of which was during a global pandemic), what is your definition of success? 

People are quick to forget that the then Ayrshire clubs in the West Premier made a mess of trying to fix this prior to Kelty leaving. The SJFA attempted to create a West/East 2 tier league with the remainder remaining regional below it. There was an indicative vote taken with the East voting unanimously for it with the Ayrshire clubs (with the exception of 1) voting to reject it with a 7 to 5 majority. Kelty left the year after and the rest is history. 

Also, people make atmospheres not ground so that is a load of nonsense. I am not a big fan of cages but it can be done right.

If people make atmosphere and it has no relation to the ground, why is hampden such a poor atmosphere? Compare that to Celtic park, ibrox, Tynecastle, Easter road etc….

the ground is very much part of the atmosphere.   

3 hours ago, rhubarb1974 said:

If people make atmosphere and it has no relation to the ground, why is hampden such a poor atmosphere? Compare that to Celtic park, ibrox, Tynecastle, Easter road etc….

I also worked as a steward across all those ground back in the day and been as a fan, and can tell you there are a number of times the atmosphere has been terrible. Most times it is down to the game on the pitch. OF, Edinburgh Derbies, European games etc get an atmosphere for being big games, Rangers/Celtic v Livi (no offence to Livi fans) is normally poor as the expectations are a comfortable victory. Same goes for Scotland games, best atmosphere I have ever experienced was the 2-2 game at Hampden vs England, worst was also at Hampden when I was part of the 12k poor souls who went to the Austria friendly when Morrisons were practically giving tickets away.

Can't help but notice you didn't answer my other points!

4 hours ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Hampden doesn't have a poor atmosphere (have you been at a Scotland game recently?). As has been pointed out it's fans that create it, not a ground.

Edited by Burnieman

9 hours ago, Burnieman said:

Hampden doesn't have a poor atmosphere (have you been at a Scotland game recently?). As has been pointed out it's fans that create it, not a ground.

Yes I am in the tartan army, I haven't missed a competitive game in 8 years, it is a terrible venue. From stadium to surrounding infrastructure. Sit far too far away, not steep enough just a poorly designed stadium. 

Maybe we have different concept of what makes a good atmosphere however for me Hampden ruin Scotland games for me. 

Result Predictions

Arthurlie v Gartcain - On paper Gartcairn should win however factor in Arthurlie fighting for their lives down the bottom, I would put this down as a draw. Gartcairn are too far adrift for the league and for me it is more about building for next season for them. 

Talbot v Hurlford - I think this is hard to predict, Talbot on a good run, Hurlford on decent run too. I personally find this a hard one to pick and would go for hurlford to win by a goal. 

Beith v Darvel - both teams very much going for the league now, I think this could be a game both teams dont want to lose and would probably settle for a draw as with games in hand they will still over take Clydebank if they win them. 

Benburb v Irvine Meadow - Bens are notoriously hard to predict, Irvine Meadow now almost definitely down however they might have one final push to stay up, I personally hope that they do stay up along with the other Ayrshire teams in the dog fight. I think Bens will win this one but I don't think much will be in it.

Clydebank v Troon - Clydebank have been in free fall in the last couple of weeks however I would expect a comfortable win for them at the weekend, for me they need to have a quick start or the fans will start to get nervous and get on the teams back. Players/managers now under a lot of pressure to get results. I think this could be the weekend that they steady the ship.

Cumnock v Largs - I fancy Largs for this one, Cumnock will be hurting from derby demolition last weekend, with Cumnock trigger happy committee I am sure Murdi will be coming under pressure if the result doesn't go his way. 

KRR v Glens - Very much the battle to stay up, Glens when I have seen them have been better than league position suggests. I think Glens might get all points this weekend. 

Pollok v St Cadocs - For me St Cadocs need all 3 points to give them a sniff of a title chance now. I would back St Cadocs for this one. Pollok have obviously got a few issues in the back ground, with a few players having moved on and a couple more already signed pre-contracts with other clubs for next season. 

33 minutes ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Yes I am in the tartan army, I haven't missed a competitive game in 8 years, it is a terrible venue. From stadium to surrounding infrastructure. Sit far too far away, not steep enough just a poorly designed stadium. 

Maybe we have different concept of what makes a good atmosphere however for me Hampden ruin Scotland games for me. 

I'm not sure "surrounding infrastructure" or "sit too far away" has anything to do with atmosphere.

Hampden has been bouncing recently, and I speak as someone who has missed one home game at Hampden since 2000.  However like any other stadium it's not always like that because......fans make the atmosphere.  Anyway, way off topic.

6 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

I'm not sure "surrounding infrastructure" or "sit too far away" has anything to do with atmosphere.

Hampden has been bouncing recently, and I speak as someone who has missed one home game at Hampden since 2000.  However like any other stadium it's not always like that because......fans make the atmosphere.  Anyway, way off topic.

If you are too far away and the incline of the stand isn't steep enough then there is a massive impact on atmosphere.