WoSFL Premier Division thread

14 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:

Decent signing for Glenafton if he screws the nut could be a really good player for them

The boy has talent but hasn't screwed the nut anywhere else doubt it will be different here

PS. Its Calvin Kemp he is talking about

The boy has talent but hasn't screwed the nut anywhere else doubt it will be different here
PS. Its Calvin Kemp he is talking about
He'll fit in well with Ryan Stevenston [emoji846]

On 01/04/2022 at 06:32, jimbaxters said:

Think that rhyme is praising him though.

Not sure how you came to that conclusion. It is satirical but also pointing out a fact. If Darvel can only muster 300 fans playing Talbot when they are both going for the league what does the future hold. 

John Gall is a Killie fan and has been for longer than he has supported Darvel. Why did he get involved at Darvel? Was it because his son was there or he fell out with Michael Johnston the ex Killie Chairman? 

Investing in the community is commendable but what is the long term outlook if the team can only muster 300 fans. 

If they get promoted to the lowland league or Division 2 how many fans are going to turn up for games versus Civil Service Stollers, Gala, Albion Rovers or Stirling. 

Talbot, Kilwinning, Pollok and others have decent supports that will turn out for such games.

I question what the long term aim at Darvel is and how it can be achieved without money constantly being pumped in? What happens when John Gall is no longer involved?  The model is meant to be sustainable but how sustainable is it without a growing fanbase. 

If Darvel are successful and grow the fanbase will that divert revenue from other clubs like Kilmarnock who John supported first. 

6 hours ago, Rugbyroader said:

Not sure how you came to that conclusion. It is satirical but also pointing out a fact. If Darvel can only muster 300 fans playing Talbot when they are both going for the league what does the future hold. 

John Gall is a Killie fan and has been for longer than he has supported Darvel. Why did he get involved at Darvel? Was it because his son was there or he fell out with Michael Johnston the ex Killie Chairman? 

Investing in the community is commendable but what is the long term outlook if the team can only muster 300 fans. 

If they get promoted to the lowland league or Division 2 how many fans are going to turn up for games versus Civil Service Stollers, Gala, Albion Rovers or Stirling. 

Talbot, Kilwinning, Pollok and others have decent supports that will turn out for such games.

I question what the long term aim at Darvel is and how it can be achieved without money constantly being pumped in? What happens when John Gall is no longer involved?  The model is meant to be sustainable but how sustainable is it without a growing fanbase. 

If Darvel are successful and grow the fanbase will that divert revenue from other clubs like Kilmarnock who John supported first. 

Who knows how many Darvel fans will be at the talbot game, you don’t I don’t. The club is sustainable whether John is there or not because he has worked over the years to achieve that.

Seems to me you want him out of there to put more money into Killie because he “supported “ them first!
After the performance last night that wouldn’t be money well spent!
At least at Darvel progress is being made.

Who knows how many Darvel fans will be at the talbot game, you don’t I don’t. The club is sustainable whether John is there or not because he has worked over the years to achieve that.
Seems to me you want him out of there to put more money into Killie because he “supported “ them first!
How can Darvel be sustainable with the massive squad they have with players all on reasonable wages with an average crowd of 150

1 hour ago, Newguy said:

Find it odd that a guy who has supported Killie for decades would put money into another club. The facilities at Darvel are better. The squad is better but apart from that what progress is there being made. They still don’t get a crowd. There will be more Talbot fans there than Darvel fans on Wed. 

9 hours ago, Rugbyroader said:

Mate u have hit the nail on the head , it’s no sustainable and the biggest issue is promotion means more of a budget , less income coming thru the gates as crowds will drop considerably so unless John fills the substantial gap or someone else the club is on a shoogly nail , I know what mick will want next season as far as the type of player he will want and they won’t come cheaply so it’s going to be flinging more money at it for zero chance of any return , I don’t think all this season there will have been any fund raising at darvel and if there has I stand  corrected 

bottom Line is john has to be commended for what he has done and although we fell out he deserves the park named after him Or brownings for what he has done but unless he brings someone in who can fill a big gap in budget he will have to do it himself and u just wonder how long that can go on for 

As for todays game , first half was a game of 2 half’s , darvel controlling first part of it then Benburb finishing strongly and 1-1 fair at half time but darvel controlled second half going up 4-1 before running out of steam which is to be expected and bens got two goals back to Make it nervy 

heard the shout of the season today , anyone who knows Paul lovering will know he gets involved in the game and with 5 minutes to go he shouts to his team RELAX !!! Coming fae paul I thought that hilarious as my ears were sore listening to him But what a job he done at benburb this season 

4 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

Mate u have hit the nail on the head , it’s no sustainable and the biggest issue is promotion means more of a budget , less income coming thru the gates as crowds will drop considerably so unless John fills the substantial gap or someone else the club is on a shoogly nail , I know what mick will want next season as far as the type of player he will want and they won’t come cheaply so it’s going to be flinging more money at it for zero chance of any return , I don’t think all this season there will have been any fund raising at darvel and if there has I stand  corrected 

bottom Line is john has to be commended for what he has done and although we fell out he deserves the park named after him Or brownings for what he has done but unless he brings someone in who can fill a big gap in budget he will have to do it himself and u just wonder how long that can go on for 

Agree with all of that J, except that honestly don't think that much investment will be needed to get through the Lowland League, assuming the ugly sisters B teams aren't allowed to get promoted. Your post is more relevant to the following year.

As for todays game , first half was a game of 2 half’s , darvel controlling first part of it then Benburb finishing strongly and 1-1 fair at half time but darvel controlled second half going up 4-1 before running out of steam which is to be expected and bens got two goals back to Make it nervy 
heard the shout of the season today , anyone who knows Paul lovering will know he gets involved in the game and with 5 minutes to go he shouts to his team RELAX !!! Coming fae paul I thought that hilarious as my ears were sore listening to him But what a job he done at benburb this season 
Paul and Ian Gray have done a great job with Benburb, fair play to them, absolute maniac tho!! [emoji16]

10 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Agree with all of that J, except that honestly don't think that much investment will be needed to get through the Lowland League, assuming the ugly sisters B teams aren't allowed to get promoted. Your post is more relevant to the following year.

Mark u only want 1 year in that league and u will need quality to win it and the play offs , my point is I can assure u mick will want to strengthen and with crowds that will go down it’s a problem 

image.png.8afea600a84cf7e267700440335d44ed.png

image.png.5d5730b1569fc652b9b113ea10a9bfe2.png

Interesting day at the bottom with the Nauld, the Roy & the 'Afton prevailing against teams higher up the table. the Vics & the Theesel prevail in games against fellow teams in the relegation dogfight. the Glens with what could prove to be a big point against the Bankies.

At the other end of the table Darvel close the gap on the top two after coming out on top in a goalfest against The Bens.

Edited by GNU_Linux