Czech Republic v Scotland

The manager has been announced as David Holoubek. Don't know much about him but after a quick google,  hes been a coach for 20 years at various levels of Spartas youth and first team and has had brief spells as a manger. 

EhPrLCkXcAEW464.thumb.jpg.04a154ca12a95fa2fba29951c9dd8d37.jpg

Markovic is a 19 year old keeper on the books of Slavia, he has played for the first team twice and has kept two clean sheets. 

Strong Slovakia v Denmark vibes from a couple of years ago when the Danes had to have a squad of non-league and futsal players due to the Danish FA and the players having a fall out.

Edited by TheScarf

So tomorrow if we get the away win, it puts us in the hunt again in terms of our group section. 

Would be nice to go into the play off with a win , still n the group and off the back of a  decent performance (all things considered)...

Edited by greenockraver

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

The manager has been announced as David Holoubek. Don't know much about him but after a quick google,  hes been a coach for 20 years at various levels of Spartas youth and first team and has had brief spells as a manger. 

Markovic is a 19 year old keeper on the books of Slavia, he has played for the first team twice and has kept two clean sheets. 

Not many teenagers can say they have kept one clean sheet, never mind two.

I’m sure his mum will be pleased, but also a bit concerned. 

Not many teenagers can say they have kept one clean sheet, never mind two.
I’m sure his mum will be pleased, but also a bit concerned. 

It’s Scotland he’ll be facing, not 2014 Germany.

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

In that case we've cot to put the game to bed early.

This is what I’d be inclined to go for. Forrest, Jack and McGregor shouldn’t be near the squad after that debacle against Israel. Only niggle is Tierney but he is far better on his left and we simply cannot leave him out.

Shame we don’t have any good wingers that’ll pressure Forrest as he’s pretty much first pick even although he is a total ghost in Scotland a jersey the majority of the time. Same goes for Callum McGregor, although we have better players in that position ie Stuart Armstrong and John McGinn.

IMG_4068.jpg

I think Clarke will play 3-4-3 again. Though I suspect that is part of a bait and switch for October’s playoff.

Play Palmer at CB. Move McTominay into midfield to replace Jack (he is too ponderous and negatively minded).  Agreed with Forrest’s average performance not being good enough but can’t see him not starting.

McGregor will start, but I’d really like to see Armstrong on from the beginning.

There is no time to fanny about. We absolutely must take the game straight to them.

If we don’t high press and attack from the start we should just give up. A team with basically no international experience and zero preparation time should not be given any time to settle on the ball.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Strong St Johnstone v Aberdeen vibes from this build up.

Czechs to start a virtually full strength side and win in the last 5 minutes.

Czech Republic have announced a new squad for their Nations League game against Scotland with only two capped players called up to the 24-man team, including a 36-year-old defender after a four year absence.

Close 

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Markovič will definitely start but I've always been impressed with Filip Nguyen since he was playing for Vlašim. Was comfortably the best keeper in the second tier until he got his move. 

image.png.7cdd8b5cd8c3396b5bb6cb986ad6ca07.png

Tierney to right-back isn't ideal, but he is still probably the best right-back in the squad and did a perfectly fine job there under Strachan - it also allows Robertson to play as an actual left-back on the other side. McTominay is our best and most physically imposing defensive midfielder, and Armstrong should really be starting - while I know it isn't the role he has been playing for Southampton, it is a position he has performed very well previously and I prefer him running from deep to get us up the pitch. Forrest was poor on Friday and has never massively impressed me in a Scotland jersey, but I don't see an obviously better option to replace him. 

Give the sevco boy a start. 

Gallagher / Cooper - wouldn't be bothered which one starts would probably go with gallagher only because he played well against Kazakhstan and Cooper has looked shite every time he played for us

Play tierney at left back, drop robertson to show him that he isnt guaranteed that spot just because he plays for liverpool.

jack was a hard one to pick but between him and an uninterested mcgregor , had to go with jack..

Give mcginn the arm band

Rest picked itself

corry.jpg

Edited by greenockraver

So tomorrow if we get the away win, it puts us in the hunt again in terms of our group section. 
Would be nice to go into the play off with a win , still n the group and off the back of a  decent performance (all things considered)...

......or we could get relegated and make qualification for Euro 2024 a bit easier as the Nations League only really matters when it’s timed around Euro rather than WC qualifying.