OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

1 hour ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

The maroon pound was never good enough to stop your club going into administration. 

Here's two alternatives for you to consider, depending on whether you live in the real world or not:

1) The maroon pound may not have stopped the club going into an embarrassing and regrettable administration, unfortunately, but it was a major factor not only in ensuring that the club didn't go into liquidation and die, but that it recovered. Lessons were learned, making any future insolvency much less likely.

2) Only a meaningless operating company went into administration. If that company had gone into liquidation, the ethereal metaphysical untouchable club would simply have floated off debt-free and attached itself like a parasite to another meaningless off-the-shelf company and carried on as if nothing had happened, staunchly unashamed.

Apparently there is a well-established precedent for option 2.

Edited by Squonk

I mean, all hearts decided yesterday was to not make an exception on their existing policy for the old firm, which surely is a positive? 

I support hearts right to implement the existing blanket policy but not sure I agree with it. I prefer a decent away support at pittodrie so not sure I would want this if we were in a similar ST holder position. 

As a business decision it probably makes sense on balance for hearts as the modern obsession with attendances makes it good PR with their own support and being honest a good chunk of away supports in the league won’t be affected by it. 

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

I mean, all hearts decided yesterday was to not make an exception on their existing policy for the old firm, which surely is a positive? 

I support hearts right to implement the existing blanket policy but not sure I agree with it. I prefer a decent away support at pittodrie so not sure I would want this if we were in a similar ST holder position. 

As a business decision it probably makes sense on balance for hearts as the modern obsession with attendances makes it good PR with their own support and being honest a good chunk of away supports in the league won’t be affected by it. 

I get your point totally, and I actually agree, games are better when there's a decent away support and it adds to the atmosphere. However, we are at a point where we are selling tickets out every week, and limiting the away support to about 650 means we can sell more ST's and get more Hearts fans in which allows us to grow our own core support.

Yes, Aberdeen for instance could bring more, and a few others, but for a lot of teams 650 is probably fine, and if we can guarantee a full home support for 19 games, it's better as a club for us to do that as opposed to occasionally say to these guys "sorry, no more tickets as we are giving the away support more. But you can come back next week".

From a selfish point of view it's obviously disappointing that I'll have even less of a chance to attend matches at Tynecastle now which is already a difficult place to get tickets for, but from a semi-objective point of view, it's hardly something either Rangers or Celtic fans should feel aggrieved or entitled about.

Hearts are doing what my club and every other club does in the league, which is act in their own self interest, and rightly so.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

From a selfish point of view it's obviously disappointing that I'll have even less of a chance to attend matches at Tynecastle now which is already a difficult place to get tickets for, but from a semi-objective point of view, it's hardly something either Rangers or Celtic fans should feel aggrieved or entitled about.

Hearts are doing what my club and every other club does in the league, which is act in their own self interest, and rightly so.

Personally I think we need to finally establish a minimum away %age for the whole league, with a premise it gets cut back if tickets aren't sold by a certain date before game. I quite like having a decent whack of away fans at CP myself, place was a bit more stale when weren't  dishing out out any tail end of Covid restrictions. Was debating whether to start a thread about allocations but it would just descend in to 'ArSe ChEeKs' retort with little actual proper discussion.

5 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Personally I think we need to finally establish a minimum away %age for the whole league, with a premise it gets cut back if tickets aren't sold by a certain date before game. I quite like having a decent whack of away fans at CP myself, place was a bit more stale when weren't  dishing out out any tail end of Covid restrictions. Was debating whether to start a thread about allocations but it would just descend in to 'ArSe ChEeKs' retort with little actual proper discussion.

Aye, I wouldn't be against that idea. I also agree that it's better when there's a good away support, however I appreciate the appetite isn't always there for a lot of fans to attend Ibrox for various reasons.

I think my main thought on it though is until such time that circumstances change, opposition fans shouldn't feel entitled or personally attacked if a home club decides to reduce their allocation. Feeling disappointed by it is completely normal, but some of the shouts are wild.

4 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Funny how OF fans are suddenly wanting a minimum percentage of away fans after this announcement.

A minimum % would be about 5% I'm sure. And these cuts are about 4%, so they'd maybe get another 3-400 tickets and still be in line with every other club and much less than what they previously had.

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

being honest a good chunk of away supports in the league won’t be affected by it. 

I wonder how true that is honestly. Hearts is a popular away trip generally and so with the likely exception of Livi and County (St Johnstone maybe?) - would every other team not take 650+ away supporters? 

Even as someone that goes to most away games every season, I've got no problem with Hearts doing this - but it's not as simple as it being a win over the OF and it's not as simple as only affecting "big" clubs.

3 hours ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

The maroon pound was never good enough to stop your club going into administration. 

Tell me you do not understand what causes a business to go into administration, without actually telling me you do not understand what causes a business to go into administration.

The cognitive dissonance required from Old Firm fans to moan about this decision is actually pretty impressive, even for Old Firm fans.

48 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Personally I think we need to finally establish a minimum away %age for the whole league

I reckon most fans would agree with that - but given there is no real chance that either Celtic or Rangers would support this, it's a bit of a moot point, sadly.

4 minutes ago, lennyzer0 said:

I reckon most fans would agree with that - but given there is no real chance that either Celtic or Rangers would support this, it's a bit of a moot point, sadly.

I think they might if as mentioned the tickets must be taken up swiftly, have certain cut off points etc. It also means it can put an end to the current debacle regarding derby tickets. The potential for less general sale tickets for home fans can be overcome by having season book holders being allowed to sell their seat for certain  games back online like other clubs do.

3 minutes ago, lennyzer0 said:

Tell me you do not understand what causes a business to go into administration, without actually telling me you do not understand what causes a business to go into administration.

The cognitive dissonance required from Old Firm fans to moan about this decision is actually pretty impressive, even for Old Firm fans.

Don't support either of those teams, chief. 

Having sizeable away supports is what makes football different from other sports. Creating an atmosphere is what all clubs in this country are trying to achieve. There are probably only two clubs in the current top flight that couldn't fill that quota of 650. 

I hate the fact that there are a number of clubs reducing the allocation for away fans. 

Scottish football fans genuinely slate the EPL. However, they have minimum away allocations and capped away ticket prices, whilst we have this. 

6 minutes ago, lennyzer0 said:

I think it would be something Rangers could look at to be fair. Realistically, not many teams sell out their current Ibrox allocation (for various reasons as I alluded to before) so I think introducing a 5% minimum away attendance wouldn't really impact us much for the vast majority of home games. 

26 minutes ago, Swello said:

I wonder how true that is honestly. Hearts is a popular away trip generally and so with the likely exception of Livi and County (St Johnstone maybe?) - would every other team not take 650+ away supporters? 

Even as someone that goes to most away games every season, I've got no problem with Hearts doing this - but it's not as simple as it being a win over the OF and it's not as simple as only affecting "big" clubs.

But it's what we already give you, so doing it to everyone bar Hibs means it's only affecting two other clubs who for some reason got over double that.

Fair play to hearts. Every team should as a first aim, maximise as many home fans as possible. Only when they cannot sell tickets, should they open up more (within reason).

Probably every club bar Livi and County would take more than the allocation, so no clubs should be complaining more than others over this.

I do though, support both a minimum % and a maximum price for away fans. The minimum % could be for a period prior to the game and say if a week before they haven't been all sold, then x% is released for home fans.