OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

3 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

You surely see how that benefits two teams?

By Ensuring there are less empty seats is hardly something radical ffs. 

For instance It would be ridiculous for Hearts to give Ross County 5% when they know they can't fill it but could do with home fans.

14 hours ago, Leith Green said:

They reduced allocations  for other teams last season, all they have done is include Celtic and your lot for the banter.

Quite amusing to see the seethe really.....

It'll be interesting to see if celtic takes the huff with Hearts and offers them zero away tickets. 

3 minutes ago, bennett said:

It'll be interesting to see if celtic takes the huff with Hearts and offers them zero away tickets. 

They can't. There's a minimum allocation requirement for away fans. Which both Celtic and The Rangers have stuck to over the years. (Well 11 years for The Rangers).

2 minutes ago, StellarHibee said:

They can't. There's a minimum allocation requirement for away fans. Which both Celtic and The Rangers have stuck to over the years. (Well 11 years for The Rangers).

There's no minimum number for league away tickets.

Just now, gannonball said:

That's only for cup games iirc.

Cup games are handled differently than league games when it comes to allocation. There's a minimum allocation % for league games. Where as allocation requirements for cup games are decided on a game by game basis by the SPFL. That's why clubs like Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen can be allocated several thousand tickets in cups games at Parkhead and Ibrox, rather than the usual 600-800 for league games that are only given to meet the minimum % requirement.

23 minutes ago, StellarHibee said:

😄

3 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

Fair play to hearts. Every team should as a first aim, maximise as many home fans as possible. Only when they cannot sell tickets, should they open up more (within reason).

Could I just point out that, in addition to maximising as many home fans as possible, we also absolutely hate celtic and rangers fans, and want them nowhere near our stadium. 

Old Firm fans moan about wanting a challenge and that clubs should run themselves better.

Hearts are making a sound business decision here. Tickets for Tynecastle are hard to get. I know from trying. As mentioned above, most games last season were an 'old-school' sell-out with the Ticket Exchange being open. Obviously, not everyone shows up, but that doesn't change the fact that the place is sold out.

So, it's only right that Hearts maximise how many of our own fans can get in to see the team. It would be a crazy decision from aq business point of view to tell our own fans we don't want their money so that a few more Celtic or Aberdeen fans can get in. They won't be back the following week, and, frankly, can f**k off.

Edited by DoingThe42

11 minutes ago, gannonball said:

A bit self loathing no?

That's about your level 

5 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Families fall out all the time 

On the other hand I would have hoped for a better standard from you. You've let me down, you've let the forum down but most of all you've let yourself down

Go stand in the corner and reflect on what you've done

2 hours ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

Wasn't the average attendance last season about 1k less then capacity?

2 hours ago, Mr. X said:

I've no idea how they count the attendances, but I do know that the Ticket Exchange was opened up for almost every game. The ticket Exchange only kicks in when the number of available home tickets for sale is incredibly low, you're talking single figures.

Our Effective capacity is a bit less than "official capacity" thanks to various seats being unavailable for segregation reasons so someone just looking at numbers off the internet might rationally (or in this case irrationally) think games that were sold out actually weren't

5 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Could they do that?

I don't think so.

The Rangers and Celtic away allocation 'dispute' is a bit different. It's not exactly a case of either club refusing the other tickets.

Essentially, Celtic refuse to take up the 700 or so tickets offered by Rangers for the matches at Ibrox. Then as a sort of "gentlemen's agreement" if there can be such a thing between the two, Rangers agreed not to take up the offer of tickets for the matches at Celtic Park.

So I think both clubs are covered in the sense that they are making tickets available to the away side. It's just that the away side is choosing not to use them.

Edited by AJF