OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

11 hours ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Personally i'd rather see us give Celtic and Rangers 650 and everyone else bar Hibs the 1300.

I

That would get maximum banter level points. 👍

Are Hearts considered extending the capacity Tynecastle? Seems like they wouldn't have any issues filling a bigger ground.

If so, is it even feasible? Tynecastle is pretty tight, so not sure there's actually much they could do to extend the capacity if they even wanted to.

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Are Hearts considered extending the capacity Tynecastle? Seems like they wouldn't have any issues filling a bigger ground.

If so, is it even feasible? Tynecastle is pretty tight, so not sure there's actually much they could do to extend the capacity if they even wanted to.

I think when this was discussed last season, those who know about these things said it was possible but would be really expensive, so is very unlikely.

I think where the capacity is now is roughly fine. I'd only look at extending it after a good decade or so at this level of attendance.

Just to chip in on the discussion regarding away allocations...probably been done to death by now.

I respect Hearts decision to act in their own interest - end of the day it makes business sense to them with guaranteed ST sales etc. My only thing is that the further this trend goes as to cutting allocations the more I think it hurts the Scottish game as a spectacle. More away fans make for a more interesting game, looks better on the TV.

A fine balance has to be hit in my opinion. It may be the case that 650 is more than sufficient for most clubs. 

At least Hearts & Hibs have been sensible about it and come to an amicable agreement to not harm the Edinburgh derby. The ugly sisters should take note.

13 hours ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Personally i'd rather see us give Celtic and Rangers 650 and everyone else bar Hibs the 1300.

I

I hadnt really considered this, but what a beautiful coup de grace this would be.........

Celebrate In Love GIF by Max

1 hour ago, DoingThe42 said:

I think where the capacity is now is roughly fine. I'd only look at extending it after a good decade or so at this level of attendance.

The predicted change in population of the Lothians shows a quite dramatic increase. 

image.png.0ba81d558644fbc6ce6ed501f0d857cb.png

Every potential new football supporter turned away from Tynecastle due to lack of capacity, can easily be a new supporter of Hibs.  I would hate Hibs to have a financial advantage over us simply because we never increased the size of our stadium to allow for these new supporters.

1 hour ago, Pens_Dark said:

Just to chip in on the discussion regarding away allocations...probably been done to death by now.

I respect Hearts decision to act in their own interest - end of the day it makes business sense to them with guaranteed ST sales etc. My only thing is that the further this trend goes as to cutting allocations the more I think it hurts the Scottish game as a spectacle. More away fans make for a more interesting game, looks better on the TV.

A fine balance has to be hit in my opinion. It may be the case that 650 is more than sufficient for most clubs. 

At least Hearts & Hibs have been sensible about it and come to an amicable agreement to not harm the Edinburgh derby. The ugly sisters should take note.

Ironically, Sky don't bother to show the Edinburgh derby half the time.

Respect Hearts decision, but hurts teams like Aberdeen for example that would bring healthy crowd. Probably another reason they did it. Best away day IMO. 

We do things differently! How many ticketa given to Celtic in that home league cup match!? Embarressing tbh.

19 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

This "*insert club* is only looking out for it's own fans, fair play" trope is a piece of nonsense. It is setting a dangerous precedent where clubs are basically blocking away fans from attending games. We've seen it already with the OF derbies, now Hearts are heading down that path. What's stopping Hearts from no longer providing an away allocation so they can give all their stadium to home supporters? Nothing, it would seem. Away fans help create an atmosphere at the football, as soon as you start removing them the atmosphere becomes sterile. It becomes a poor advert for our game.

Laughable given Celtic gives 800 tickets on a 60,000 seater stadium. And that's been the case for decades. 

Edited by Squirrelhumper

15 hours ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

I

4 hours ago, AndyM said:

That would get maximum banter level points. 👍

2 hours ago, Leith Green said:

I hadnt really considered this, but what a beautiful coup de grace this would be.........

The 649 seats will be  all of section M except for Rows 2 to 5 that the police want closed off (there is no row 1)

If we could use those 4 rows then it would 765

Given that not all sets of visiting supporters pose the same problems

It wouldn't be unreasonable to request permission to use more of those rows for "low risk" fixtures.

What's more if a set of supporters were given seats next to the pitch and betrayed that trust they could be rolled back. 

A byproduct of this would be that we'd likely end up giving Celtic and Rangers less tickets than the rest of the league which would be nice

15 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

if a set of supporters were given seats next to the pitch and betrayed that trust they could be rolled back

"is he meaning the Wheatfield at the last derby"............

Think New Amsterdam GIF by NBC

1 hour ago, Darren said:

Ironically, Sky don't bother to show the Edinburgh derby half the time.

Sadly they'll get more viewers if they show the Celtic/Rangers foregone conclusion fixture scheduled for the same day. 

But I take your point.

Edited by AndyM

2 hours ago, lennyzer0 said:

'Chief' 😀

But you are presumably admitting you have no idea about administration, or how it works?

Didn't realise you had to be a financial expert to be able to post on here. 

I have a fair idea but probably couldn't provide a highbrow or intellectual enough explanation for your middle class Hearts wetwipes on here. 

45 minutes ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

Didn't realise you had to be a financial expert to be able to post on here. 

I have a fair idea but probably couldn't provide a highbrow or intellectual enough explanation for your middle class Hearts wetwipes on here. 

Aka you were talking shite for a shite sort of almost, nearly joke and now you have nothing useful to say.

Poor quality stuff, eh...chief.

5 hours ago, Mr. X said:

The predicted change in population of the Lothians shows a quite dramatic increase. 

image.png.0ba81d558644fbc6ce6ed501f0d857cb.png

Every potential new football supporter turned away from Tynecastle due to lack of capacity, can easily be a new supporter of Hibs.  I would hate Hibs to have a financial advantage over us simply because we never increased the size of our stadium to allow for these new supporters.

Oh @Mr. X

I love your doe-eyed optimism, I really do. But those new Edinburghers won't be supporting Hibs or Hearts. They'll be supporting Man City, Man United, Liverpool, PSG, Love Island and all the other moron-magnets that have come to epitomise our age.

25 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

Oh @Mr. X

I love your doe-eyed optimism, I really do. But those new Edinburghers won't be supporting Hibs or Hearts. They'll be supporting Man City, Man United, Liverpool, PSG, Love Island and all the other moron-magnets that have come to epitomise our age.

That'll be the fault of our own clubs if that is the case. It's their job to attract new supporters. If new people coming to Edinburgh are actively choosing to follow clubs on TV rather than a club where they can actually attend the games, then our clubs are failing miserably on the marketing front.

1 hour ago, StellarHibee said:

That'll be the fault of our own clubs if that is the case. It's their job to attract new supporters. If new people coming to Edinburgh are actively choosing to follow clubs on TV rather than a club where they can actually attend the games, then our clubs are failing miserably on the marketing front.

I don't know where to start with this...

Unless it's a whooshing. In which, case, it was a fabulous whooshing. 

Edited by The Other Foot