OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

2 hours ago, The Other Foot said:

I don't know where to start with this...

Unless it's a whooshing. In which, case, it was a fabulous whooshing. 

Well I do apologize if I didn't pick up on some forum sarcasm. It must be my internitism. I'll be sure to read the body language of my screen more closely next time.

11 hours ago, Pens_Dark said:

Just to chip in on the discussion regarding away allocations...probably been done to death by now.

I respect Hearts decision to act in their own interest - end of the day it makes business sense to them with guaranteed ST sales etc. My only thing is that the further this trend goes as to cutting allocations the more I think it hurts the Scottish game as a spectacle. More away fans make for a more interesting game, looks better on the TV.

A fine balance has to be hit in my opinion. It may be the case that 650 is more than sufficient for most clubs. 

At least Hearts & Hibs have been sensible about it and come to an amicable agreement to not harm the Edinburgh derby. The ugly sisters should take note.

Totally agree with this! 

As a hearts fan I am relatively happy as selling more season tickets is great for the fans and shows we are right behind the team, as a football fan I understand it may dilute the atmosphere which may not be ideal for the game. 

IMO I seen this coming when the old firm began changing allocations and a few month ago agreeing not to have any fans at all. As a neutral it didn't effect me however I did have a concern that it may start a trend, when the SFA / SPFL refused to get involved and try to mediate it was noticed by other clubs and it gave them permission to make decisions based on their own self interest (rightly or wrongly). I think if this continues in 3/4 years you may have a situation where there is no away fans at several games and that for me would be completely wrong. 

The only way I see this being resolved is the governing body stepping in and dictating that all clubs get for example 5% away allocation, if tickets are not sold in a certain timeframe then clubs have to hand them back to the home team. 

I am delighted we have an agreement in place for derby allocation to stay the same as I love going to Easter Road and the Derbys at Tynecastle are always a good game. 

22 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Watching the Derry game - seems the team they are playing have the hearts main stand behind the goal but the wrong way around. 

vnbnb.PNG

With a Hibs 80th minute derby crowd in the stand?

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

I take it Gordon is pretty much retiring now

No chance, he's already back training well ahead of schedule. But we released Ross Stewart last season, need a 3rd choice goalie and want to put young Stone out on loan. So it's a sensible enough signing, but not exactly the new Hearts fans have been waiting for.

1 minute ago, Tony Wonder said:

No chance, he's already back training well ahead of schedule. But we released Ross Stewart last season, need a 3rd choice goalie and want to put young Stone out on loan. So it's a sensible enough signing, but not exactly the new Hearts fans have been waiting for.

Ah right I just assumed McGovern would be  quite an expensive back up option.

8 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Ah right I just assumed McGovern would be  quite an expensive back up option.

He's 39 and no played for nearly 2 years, I'm not sure he'd have been brimming with options tbh.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Feels like most clubs are being quite slow off the mark with signings this summer. Could be wrong. 

Tbf about half only got new managers within the last few months.