OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

When watching the Hearts v St Mirren highlights I noticed the kick off routine was similar to Steve Clarke's Scotland team. I'm sure that's a common enough tactic to play the ball into the corner and box the opposition in, but it made me wonder if given Naismith's history assisting Steve Clarke at the National team you've noticed any other similarities.

On 22/12/2023 at 09:58, VincentGuerin said:

Aye, I don't think Atkinson's as bad as a lot of people seem to. I think there's a touch of the Grant Murray's about him in that it's fashionable to have a pop, but I don't think he has many bad games. Still, we could do with some competition there.

Grant Murray.... Episode 4 Movie GIF by Star Wars

I still think Sibbick has the unfortunate title of Boo-boy de nos jours, although I recognise that both Atkinson and Grant get it tight too (and for some reason Forrest?)

Sometimes our support is absolute dogshit 

On 22/12/2023 at 10:21, Tony Wonder said:

I think he's improved a lot under Naismith. He's no longer a weak link defensively and really helps the shape if we are playing wing backs with his willingness to get forward. Still not the finished article, and injuries are a concern, but performances like last Saturday show the type of player he can be. It's all about adding consistency.

Broadly agree, bit I feel he still has a tendency to wander in infield leaving the right open. That said, when Oda plays he is good at picking up that space 

On 23/12/2023 at 22:41, DC92 said:

I'll admit to not really "getting" Denholm before, but he's been excellent the last couple of games. Last week for his tactical discipline, this week for his forward runs and positivity on the ball. He's earned a run in the team.

Baningime also looks to be getting closer to his best. Some lovely turns to make space for himself today. Shame he'll probably be yet another who finds their best run of form/fitness in the last 6 months if their contract.

McKay's return wasn't spectacular but he's always trying things (usually more successfully than Lowry). The second goal today was all about the touch and finish from Shankland, but it wouldn't have happened without McKay popping an early pass into feet in the edge of the box with the outside of his boot. Nothing special, but something we've missed.

I think Beni has been out for so long we forgot just how good he was/is. Need to get him tied down asap.

McKay has been a huge miss too. Even on his quieter days, his mere presence drags opposition players out of the way to keep him quiet. Decent delivery for the corner that led to the first goal and was unsurprisingly involved in the second. 

Edited by Stylish Kid

1 hour ago, Stylish Kid said:

I recognise that both Atkinson and Grant get it tight too (and for some reason Forrest?)

Because he's a waste of a jersey who, 9 times out of ten does the wrong thing? Absolutely hate to see him coming on.

Edited by lennyzer0

5 hours ago, 2426255 said:

When watching the Hearts v St Mirren highlights I noticed the kick off routine was similar to Steve Clarke's Scotland team. I'm sure that's a common enough tactic to play the ball into the corner and box the opposition in, but it made me wonder if given Naismith's history assisting Steve Clarke at the National team you've noticed any other similarities.

Potter done it long before any of them and Naismith is a Potter disciple.

23 hours ago, lennyzer0 said:

Because he's a waste of a jersey who, 9 times out of ten does the wrong thing? Absolutely hate to see him coming on.

Disagree tbh. He's fine. Fairly unspectacular most of the time but works hard and is pretty tactically disciplined imo. I probably expected more given his last season for Livi.

But as I've said before, give it tight to players when they come on and of course they'll be short of confidence. Self fulfilling prophecy 

6 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

But as I've said before, give it tight to players when they come on and of course they'll be short of confidence. Self fulfilling prophecy 

Can't agree more with this, players come on at Tynecastle scared to make a mistake treading on eggshells because a large number of our supporters just pick players to boo off the park any time they appear, try backing the team and it might give them a bit of confidence to go on and do something.

2 hours ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Add Jim Jeffries, Walter Smith, David Moyes, Roberto Martinez, Alex Neil, Daniel Farke.

A fine list of teachers and now he has to pass what he has been taught on to his pupils.

I'm not sure what the OP is talking about... Is it pass the ball back to defence/deep midfield the hoof it up the right flank to noone in particular and out of play? Because that was as much an integral part of the experience of going to Tynecastle as hearing Scotty Wilson on the tannoy! 😂

4 hours ago, Stylish Kid said:

Disagree tbh. He's fine. Fairly unspectacular most of the time but works hard and is pretty tactically disciplined imo. I probably expected more given his last season for Livi.

Oh definitely - only a tool boos a player coming on the pitch.

Doesn't mean you have to be happy to see him though.

2 minutes ago, Craigie Jambo said:

ITK, or just pretendy ITK? 🤔

I'd rather he stayed

Sounds like you reckon he's not appealing for, say, an english championship side

Do you think he's better than adams?

He's done f**k all out of Scotland apart from flop in Belgium.  Adams is a miles better player, would be the best player in Scotland probably.  You seem to forget how shite Scottish football when rating lego heid.  1/2 good seasons scoring loads in the Scot Prem at the age of what? 29 won't have any clubs down south willing to pay millions for the lad. 

I cant see Shankland wanting to go to the EFL Championship tbh, and i dont think any EPL side goes for him, so England is out.

Means Rangers is the only realistic UK move but i dont think that happens for a few reasons, unless Hearts are willing to sign Lowry permanently as some form of makeweight.

Be interested to know how hes rated around Europe though, but maybe his age will put off Italian sides etc.?

Cant see him wanting to try Belgium/Holland/Poland type leagues either.

5 hours ago, The Tackle said:

Potter and yam are two of the worst “insults” aimed at us by Hibs fans. Awful patter

That's a fair point, I prefer sad scarf twirling, poppy thieving, existence pleading, gunts myself. 

Edited by Hoose Rice