Sportscene watch

8 hours ago, Saint Paddy said:

When ref gave a yellow, my 1st thought was "he's got away with one"

As soon as he paused play, I knew what was coming.

VAR shouldn't be used in a subjective decision.

Ref has seen it, and sanctioned him.

I said earlier, I felt it was 50% red, 50% yellow. What ever the refs initial decision was should have stood.

Wasn't a clear and obvious error.

Without the audio we don't know what the ref has told the VAR he's seen - if he didn't see the point of contact or level of danger then the VAR is right to recommend a review. We saw on the Sky programme how Clancy told Dallas something that didn't match the video, therefore that's a clear and obvious error.

It is 100% red though, studs up and into the player just below the knee, dangerous, no chance of playing the ball.

Edited by Ginaro

Just watched last night’s Sportscene.

What the f**k was Barry Robson on about saying “Yeah there’s a real crisis at Aberdeen, sitting in 6th place with a game in hand that could take us into 3rd”.

Take it the boy didnae get his Arithmetic O Level. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

10 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Just watched last night’s Sportscene.

What the f**k was Barry Robson on about saying “Yeah there’s a real crisis at Aberdeen, sitting in 6th place with a game in hand that could take us into 3rd”.

Take it the boy didnae get his Arithmetic O Level. 

Probably didn't get his Arithmetic O Grade either.

On 02/11/2023 at 15:34, Jamie_B said:

No analysis on the red card, but also McCann and Stewart seemed perplexed as to why VAR was involved in our first goal, when it had actually been ruled out for offside. Which was a fucking bogging decision when you saw the replay... Thankfully a case of VAR being useful.

Mad that we are over a year into the VAR era and you've still got pundits perplexed ‘because VAR didn’t check it’. From everything we have been shown of the inner workings of VAR, everything is checked by the VAR team, and only when the guys at Clydesdale House decide that an incident requires either more time to analyse it, or for the referee to review it at the pitch side monitor, will the fans in the stadium become aware that a check is in progress. 

To be fair it’s not just Scottish pundits that can’t get their head round this, I’ve heard pundits on Sky say stuff like ‘why is that not going to VAR?’ etc. If a decision isn’t clear cut then I don’t even mind that the game moves on quickly, it’s one of the annoyances I have with the Scottish VAR system that you will be sitting at a game watching Nick Walsh put his hand to his ear for a minute or so, only to wave the game on as the fans in the stadium are oblivious to what they were checking. It feels like the officials in Scotland have strayed too far from the ‘clear and obvious’ criteria which is supposed to be used in order to overturn an onfield decision, instead we have referees on the pitch who are happy not to award penalties/red cards knowing that VAR will step in if they have made an arse of it. 

• 2 weeks later...

In the top league in England today the top two teams, and biggest teams, played.

On MOTD it was 6th out 7 games. They put on the games in terms of how good they were/in terms of the significance of the result.

On Sportscene they will always devote at least half of the show to when the two biggest teams play, regardless of how the game is. If it's a pish game, half the show. If it's an OK game, half the show. If it's a decent game, at least half the show. If it's a really good game then at least 60-70% of the show.

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

In the top league in England today the top two teams, and biggest teams, played.

On MOTD it was 6th out 7 games. They put on the games in terms of how good they were/in terms of the significance of the result.

On Sportscene they will always devote at least half of the show to when the two biggest teams play, regardless of how the game is. If it's a pish game, half the show. If it's an OK game, half the show. If it's a decent game, at least half the show. If it's a really good game then at least 60-70% of the show.

Even when they both play other teams, their respective highlights - which come 1st and 2nd, naturally - still take up half the show.

When I load up Sportscene on iPlayer I always click about half way to skip their shite.

1 minute ago, RawB93 said:

Even when they both play other teams, their respective highlights - which come 1st and 2nd, naturally - still take up half the show.

When I load up Sportscene on iPlayer I always click about half way to skip their shite.

Yup, a pathetic, cowardly policy.

20 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Get your point but is it not also the case that most folk will have seen City v Liverpool prior to MOTD?

2 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Get your point but is it not also the case that most folk will have seen City v Liverpool prior to MOTD?

Everyone will have seen Everything televised game before the highlights show, but that's almost never how they decide the order of games.