St. Johnstone v Aberdeen (The Massey-Ferguson Main Event)

Aye hopefully that's the end of the 5-2-3, 4 games in and i think we've created 1 decent chance against 11 men in that entire time.

This is my concern, we only really scored against United and Kilmarnock by virtue of defenders cocking up. The game plan appears to be get the ball wide and in, but we have neither any decent crossers or decent attackers in the air.

One of the worst games of football I can remember watching. Terrible from both sides but Aberdeen at least have the excuse of not playing since the end off WW2. 

This formation doesn’t suit our players. It nullifies McCann and Hendry looks lost as well. Couldn’t be any more clear that we need more bodies in. 

Only plus point for me was Danny Griffin on Saints TV. Far better than most professional pundits. Really good at spotting tactical moves (though he failed to realise McCrorie was playing), and said what we all think about Collum.

Quality of the feed was good too, even if the match itself was unwatchable.

1 minute ago, Bose said:

When the players are as poor as that, can’t do the basics, it doesn’t matter what system you play. Not saying it’s working but watching that the system isn’t the biggest issue. 

Maybe.

The long shots situation is a major issue, and almost entirely caused by the set up.

3 minutes ago, Kyle said:

One of the worst games of football I can remember watching. Terrible from both sides but Aberdeen at least have the excuse of not playing since the end off WW2. 

This formation doesn’t suit our players. It nullifies McCann and Hendry looks lost as well. Couldn’t be any more clear that we need more bodies in. 

That's the thing, it'll likely be "bodies".

We need professional football players and decent ones at that. I give Chris Kane a bit of deserved stick but by f**k this Millwall lad is fucking horrendous.  McNamara was always going to be decent, he is a decent young international,  the other one? Get back to non league.

Guest Bob Mahelp

In amongst all the bizarre dross posted tonight by fans of both teams, at least Random Guy managed to hit a diamond amongst the turds. 

It's a fact that the substitutions we made turned the game. When we brought on firstly Kennedy and McLennan, and then Hedges and Bryson, we stepped up a level or 2 (not hard I know). We were by far the better team second half and that was due to our strength on the bench. 

Saints simply didn't have that...in fact, I would even say that their substitutions made them weaker. 

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Maybe.

The long shots situation is a major issue, and almost entirely caused by the set up.

Don’t entirely disagree but when you don’t have enough intelligence up front to make runs then it limits options.  

I agree that we don’t have the players to play the system, certainly not fit anyway. This three up front needs much more running to create space and give the man on the ball options and I don’t mean Michael O’Halloran type running. 

11 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

And have f**k all in the box to put the chances away anyway. Not impressed by this new dawn.

This is also my opinion. 

Davidson has not been impressive. At all. Hate to say it but his media stuff is utterly turgid. Not the way to judge a  manager but it's cliche after cliche and not much evidence of giving a f**k. You need presence and personality to lead a team in any job, that's pretty basic. That's before considering the pretty obvious fact that he's not playing his players in the right shape. 

15 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Does Davidson know that Conway plays on the left?

He's played him on the right every appearance so far. 

15 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

Only plus point for me was Danny Griffin on Saints TV. Far better than most professional pundits. Really good at spotting tactical moves (though he failed to realise McCrorie was playing), and said what we all think about Collum.

Quality of the feed was good too, even if the match itself was unwatchable.

Agree. Danny's commentary was great.