St. Johnstone v Aberdeen (The Massey-Ferguson Main Event)

14 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I presume that Saints fans have an agenda against Parish, because there was absolutely nothing he could have done to stop the goal.

Hes a curse. Thats him up to 6 games, including against lower league sides, and hes never kept a clean sheet.

One of those keepers who never looks at fault, yet always concedes.

5 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

What do your XG stats say about him?

xG against, 1.27. Goals conceded 1.57, but that was before tonight and only this season. Imagine difference will be larger between the two as the goal tonight wasn't a high xG chance.

Clark last season was xG against 1.35, conceded 1.52.

So Parish is facing "easier" shots to save, but conceding more.

I am so happy that you all had a rubbish evening watching our terrible football, and we still won! Both teams were poor, but we at least have the excuse of having played one game in 5 months and no strikers. 

I dont know about anyone else, but I feel smashing after that. Ive not been having the best of times recently with all thats been going on, but the wee rush you get  when you score a goal, even a scrappy deflected effort like that, is  something I think I  was needing. The first time in five shite months! 

The team had no idea how to  play in that formation, but we never really looked troubled at the back. hoban, Taylor and McCrorie all did fine. Wright and Mcginn did their best with the little service they got first half, and hayes gave his all. Ojo was dreadful and Bryson offered nothing. hernandez anonymous, but I guess a clean sheet is a good thing for him. hedges offered something more direct and reaped the rewards. Would be good to see him  come onto a game soon. 

Looking forward to Sunday and doing it all again! 

33 minutes ago, betting competition said:

No Interviews on Red TV as of yet. The Club should be doing better than this 

You might find like Saints the club media is really cut back in numbers jiust now. Most of the Saints match day team cannot get passes so those who do are doing a few roles. We are operating witn a 3 people when we used to have at least 6 at home games. 

Edited by realmadrid

57 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

You might find like Saints the club media is really cut back in numbers jiust now. Most of the Saints match day team cannot get passes so those who do are doing a few roles. We are operating witn a 3 people when we used to have at least 6 at home games. 

Maybe had a drink or two too many - as I notice interviews up at 10pm - so ignore drunken comments 😮

We have paid a fair bit of money with Derek Rae and Rob Mclean so I''m hoping content with the dons a lot better than normal. 

7 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hes a curse. Thats him up to 6 games, including against lower league sides, and hes never kept a clean sheet.

Ok, I can see your point. But the reality of last night is that he had no part to play in the fact that Saints didn’t keep a clean sheet.

9 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Ok, I can see your point. But the reality of last night is that he had no part to play in the fact that Saints didn’t keep a clean sheet.

I know. 

He just feels cursed though.

7 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I thought that he was playing pretty well before the season was brought to a premature end so that Hearts could be relegated

Unnecessary line, but I still had a wee chuckle - have a greeny

Meme Reaction GIF

Guest Bob Mahelp

Given that Hoban hasn't kicked a ball in anything close to anger for over 12 months now, given that he damn near had to give up his career, given that he's only really played left back for us and given that he was flung into the team due to circumstances, I thought he was absolutely terrific. 

It was a heart-warming performance that justified McInnes' faith in bringing him back. 

The defence in general never really gave the Saints forward line a kick. It really wasn't their fault that...first half especially....the ball was regularly squandered by the midfield. 

I'm not sure what's happened to Ojo. Before the break he was playing really well, now he's a disaster waiting to happen. His first movement is always backwards, and this often destroys any momentum we have...on top of that he simply can't pass to a red shirt. As pointed out above, let's put it down to rustiness. 

McCrorie didn't do anything spectacular, but there was enough there to suggest that once he finds his feet he'll work well with Ferguson. Both of them give us a real physical presence and bite in midfield. 

We can't escape the fact that it was often mind numbingly bad football....but needs must, and given the circumstances it was a good 3 points.

A typical McInnes performance in fact...we must have dug out dozens of these in the last 7 years. COYR.

9 hours ago, DrewDon said:

It's difficult to pick out too many positives other than the result.

McCrorie did fine, I suppose - not great, but fine for a debut. I didn't think Hoban was particularly good, but his performance has to be viewed in the context of essentially missing 18 months of football. I think the defenders defended well enough, but their distribution from the back, particularly in the case of Taylor, is a problem area for us - this was especially evident in the first half. 

Ojo and Campbell were really poor. Neither willing to take the ball on the half-turn, both careless in possession. Ojo was lucky to last as long as he did - he has looked a mile off it in both games so far. Ferguson coming back into midfield in the second half gave us a bit more of a foothold. I thought Bryson, although he didn't look fully fit, also made a small difference when he came on. 

Hernandez and Hayes were being pegged back far too often in the first half. I thought Hayes improved in the second half - hinted at some of the qualities we know he had before he signed for Celtic without playing particularly well. 

I've never really been sure what to think about Hedges, but I do like that he is an instinctively positive player - I noticed it when he came on against Rangers, and it showed again tonight. I'd like to see him get more opportunities in the coming weeks. 

Have to disagree. Deano was always willing to take the ball. The problem was he was a lot more wasteful than usual and was caught in the half turn a couple of times.

11 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Parish is absolutely shite, and cannot keep a clean sheet no matter what he tries.

9 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

9 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

xG against, 1.27. Goals conceded 1.57, but that was before tonight and only this season. Imagine difference will be larger between the two as the goal tonight wasn't a high xG chance.

Clark last season was xG against 1.35, conceded 1.52.

So Parish is facing "easier" shots to save, but conceding more.

Utterly bizarre take on a goal he could do nothing about. 'Curse' :lol:

Hoban and Lewis were the best performers in a lacklustre display that got gradually better but never decent.
St Johnstone aren’t very good though, especially in the final third.
The amount of stray passes was absolutely embarrassing, no wonder the English don't rate our game at all.

Why do you care what the English think of our game ?.

10 hours ago, kingjoey said:

On Ojo, I thought that his performance tonight was exactly the same as against Rangers. But like you I thought that he was playing pretty well before the season was brought to a premature end so that Hearts could be relegated. I still have hopes for him. I thought that Kennedy made a positive difference when he came on at half time, as he was willing and able to run with the ball and retain possession.

:lol:

38 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

Why do you care what the English think of our game ?.

Fair enough. Was just presuming they would make up the biggest part of the Sky TV audience out with Scotland but probably wrong.

No wonder other countries don’t rate our game. Is that better?

The more important point though was how terrible was the passing.