Mighty Montrose FC Thread

6 hours ago, mo83 said:

All very quiet so far for Montrose on the transfer front I was hoping we would have our business done early as the games are coming thick and fast.

Usually we do it all at the end of the window. With Towler going back to Aberdeen and Thomson back to United I’d hope to see 2 other loan players come in at least 

9 hours ago, broomiesniper said:

This isn’t good!

IMG_9003.png

Massive blow!!! 

Feel for the lad top top player on his day and will be a massive miss for the team.After that news we really need about 4 bodies in this window if we want to compete and stay in the top 4 spots.

1 hour ago, mo83 said:

Massive blow!!! 

Feel for the lad top top player on his day and will be a massive miss for the team.After that news we really need about 4 bodies in this window if we want to compete and stay in the top 4 spots.

Ooof that's tragic luck for Kerr who's missed quite a lot of football in 2023. Huge blow but at least you have Luke Graham, Sean Dillion and Aidan Quinn so have some reinforcements at CB. Kerr is definitely a top player though.

Like Mo, we need a few to strengthen us, but all quiet. We both normally lean on Dundee United for loan options, however, that well seems to be drying up as many are either included in match day squads or out on loan already. Might need to be another SPL club or even Championship sides with inflated squads.

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Ooof that's tragic luck for Kerr who's missed quite a lot of football in 2023. Huge blow but at least you have Luke Graham, Sean Dillion and Aidan Quinn so have some reinforcements at CB. Kerr is definitely a top player though.

Like Mo, we need a few to strengthen us, but all quiet. We both normally lean on Dundee United for loan options, however, that well seems to be drying up as many are either included in match day squads or out on loan already. Might need to be another SPL club or even Championship sides with inflated squads.

Yeah massive blow for Montrose that is Kerr on his day is probably our best player I'd say ,and for me if he is fit he is he starts at CH along with whoever is available.

I'd be looking at another CH if I was SP now to be honest along with a couple midfield players and another striker...not much to ask for!

Can't help but think we might struggle a bit now been blow after blow this season with players getting injured or recalled or not even playing for the club due to injurys.

Big window now if you ask me to get players in to help us stay in the top 4 positions.

We played not bad today but the referee didn't do us any favours and Morton were a reasonably competent team although nothing special, on that showing at least.

Back to league business and let's make it a top four finish this time!

1 hour ago, Brummo said:

We played not bad today but the referee didn't do us any favours and Morton were a reasonably competent team although nothing special, on that showing at least.

Back to league business and let's make it a top four finish this time!

League business is the bread and butter a cup run would have been great and a big team at home or away but we move on to Tuesday now.

Wasn't at the game today but glad we gave a good account at a tricky venue.

Back to league business and Stirling next up, hopefully with Hester and Gardyne back in the team we can create some chances and pick up a win.

Still think we need 2 possibly 3 signings in this window if we are to keep competing at the top end of the table.

7 minutes ago, broomiesniper said:

Cammy F Ballantyne being released by St Johnstone by the looks of it, worth a punt??

I'd love to see Cammy back in a Mo jersey knows the club having played a few seasons with us and must have enjoyed it.A think he would want to stay FT with a championship club though,I'd like to think we would make an approach though and see what he has  to say.

49 minutes ago, broomiesniper said:

Cammy F Ballantyne being released by St Johnstone by the looks of it, worth a punt??

Get him on a contract till the end of the season, and then at the end of that he will have been back playing football and will have options at FT level I think.

Only a few days to go until the window shuts and it's been very quiet from Montrose on the player recruitment front.I was hoping we would have had 2-3 in the door but it's not looking like it which is pretty grim.

Can't help but think if we don't strengthen we will lose grip of the 3-4 spots up for grabs.I hope I'm wrong and we get some players in but it's looking bleak at the minute.

44 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Only a few days to go until the window shuts and it's been very quiet from Montrose on the player recruitment front.I was hoping we would have had 2-3 in the door but it's not looking like it which is pretty grim.

Can't help but think if we don't strengthen we will lose grip of the 3-4 spots up for grabs.I hope I'm wrong and we get some players in but it's looking bleak at the minute.

Loan market is open until the end of next month I believe, I would imagine we’ll probably see a couple in when the full time teams have their business done. Definitely need another defender, midfielder and striker at least. 

7 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Loan market is open until the end of next month I believe, I would imagine we’ll probably see a couple in when the full time teams have their business done. Definitely need another defender, midfielder and striker at least. 

I'd like to think we will but rather we done are work a bit quicker and had boys in now easier said and done I suppose.

We have 3-4 teams right behind us  now looking to get into play off spots all just a couple points in it and all to play for.

1 hour ago, sick boy said:

always liked Montrose, cheers boys

Always like taking points off Falkirk. Very nearly happened at Falkirk Stadium last time round. At LP, we  got a point. Hoping we do better next time round.

Ryan Williamson out for a while now and we don’t really have any cover at right back so that’s another position we’re gonna need to sort out, great. 

17 hours ago, Brummo said:

Always like taking points off Falkirk. Very nearly happened at Falkirk Stadium last time round. At LP, we  got a point. Hoping we do better next time round.

Enjoy another year in this cesspit

20 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Ryan Williamson out for a while now and we don’t really have any cover at right back so that’s another position we’re gonna need to sort out, great. 

The most predictable post ever seen on P&B!

18 minutes ago, sick boy said:

Enjoy another year in this cesspit

We know our level in the pyramid system. 
Every other team that has dropped into the "cesspit" have bounced back within a year or two.
Partick, Pars, Raith Rovers, Airdrie have all bounced back. Your lot have becone stagnent in the cesspit.