Mighty Montrose FC Thread

I assume that just like every other time we fail to win a game, this will be the refs fault? 

Anyone able to shed any light on how we actually lined up today? Difficult to work it out based on that team line. 

40 minutes ago, Aidan said:

I assume that just like every other time we fail to win a game, this will be the refs fault? 

Anyone able to shed any light on how we actually lined up today? Difficult to work it out based on that team line. 

Ref gave you everything today so you won't be able to blame him. 

2 hours ago, Aidan said:

Looked like a 4 4 2 to me. What do Montrose normally play?

11 minutes ago, DoingThe42 said:

Looked like a 4 4 2 to me. What do Montrose normally play?

I was expecting us to play some sort of 352 this season but with 3 defenders who would be starters every week out, it looked a bit random today. Williamson, Quinn and Towler were our only 3 defenders in the squad today. 

4 minutes ago, Aidan said:

I was expecting us to play some sort of 352 this season but with 3 defenders who would be starters every week out, it looked a bit random today. Williamson, Quinn and Towler were our only 3 defenders in the squad today. 

Towler was definitely on the left hand side, Quinn in the centre. Didn't notice where Williamson played.

As I said, looked 442, Towler was too deep to be a wing back. More a traditional left-back, but getting forward when he could.

Hester and McAllister just seemed to drift about up front. I was surprised at how ineffective they seemed as a two. Seems like a great potential partnership, but not there yet at all.

39 minutes ago, DoingThe42 said:

Towler was definitely on the left hand side, Quinn in the centre. Didn't notice where Williamson played.

As I said, looked 442, Towler was too deep to be a wing back. More a traditional left-back, but getting forward when he could.

Hester and McAllister just seemed to drift about up front. I was surprised at how ineffective they seemed as a two. Seems like a great potential partnership, but not there yet at all.

At times they linked up very well i thought, at your goal for example, back header from McAllister to Hester who slipped in the scorer. They didn’t get great service but that was down to our midfield who worked hard to close down and didn’t give time to pick a pass so Montrose ended up launching long hopeful balls a lot of the time.

5 hours ago, broomiesniper said:

Anyone still not received their link to get the digital season ticket? 4 weeks now and still nothing, payment was taken from me though! 

Yeah I’ve had nothing yet. If I’ve not heard anything by Wednesday I’ll give the club a call, totally understand that there’s been a change behind the scenes with Davey, who I’m sure used to be responsible for sorting stuff like this, leaving but they’ve had my coin for about a month now so some sort of update would have been nice. I’ll let you know what they say if I do need to call. 

3 hours ago, Aidan said:

Yeah I’ve had nothing yet. If I’ve not heard anything by Wednesday I’ll give the club a call, totally understand that there’s been a change behind the scenes with Davey, who I’m sure used to be responsible for sorting stuff like this, leaving but they’ve had my coin for about a month now so some sort of update would have been nice. I’ll let you know what they say if I do need to call. 

Cheers. I’ve called a couple of times, last was 2 weeks ago and they were going to contact the issuer and get back to me, not heard anything 

On 24/07/2023 at 20:05, broomiesniper said:

Cheers. I’ve called a couple of times, last was 2 weeks ago and they were going to contact the issuer and get back to me, not heard anything 

Phoned today, spoke to someone called Graham who said he’d ring me back today and let me know what’s happening, heard nothing. 

I received an email from TicketCo this morning inviting me to take my season ticket reservation……..and also play the full amount. I took the option to pay in instalments, having already paid the first one. How can they make a simple task of supplying my ticket so difficult??

21 minutes ago, Brummo said:

Just a little carp against the Smokies today, were we?

Played really good in the first half and their first was against the run of play, their only attempt at goal in the half. We were by far the better team.

Second half was exact opposite.  We were awful. Cammy made some good stops and we never had an attempt on goal.

I'm really worried about our midfield. We have two genuine goalscorers but we don't have anyone half decent who can feed the ball through from midfield. Gardyne provides nothing in my opinion, Shreive is well out of his depth and Terry will play Terry's game but isn't particularly creative. We haven't replaced Cammy F, Lewis Milne of McKinnon from last season and it's a problem. 

1 minute ago, GableEnder21 said:

I'm really worried about our midfield. We have two genuine goalscorers but we don't have anyone half decent who can feed the ball through from midfield. Gardyne provides nothing in my opinion, Shreive is well out of his depth and Terry will play Terry's game but isn't particularly creative. We haven't replaced Cammy F, Lewis Milne of McKinnon from last season and it's a problem. 

Couldn't agree more. Our midfield is very light. Terry played well today, as you say, what he does best. Gardyne is very lightweight and offers little. All the replacements are very inexperienced. 

35 minutes ago, PortyMo said:

Couldn't agree more. Our midfield is very light. Terry played well today, as you say, what he does best. Gardyne is very lightweight and offers little. All the replacements are very inexperienced. 

Glad you agree about Gardyne. There was so much expectation when he came in but he has scored and assisted hardly any goals and doesn't create that much, also I hate his floaty corners.

Also can't work out how we are going to play. Webby was missed today and Lyons is a shadow of the player from a few years ago.

Played well in the first half, could have possibly been ahead. Got a bit of a doing in the 2nd half,  could have been worse....

On the 1st half showing alone, you'll be up at the business end of the league again.