COVID-19 In Scottish Football

Just now, Detournement said:

No doubt after Killie told the NHS about the lack of social distancing.

Yes, unfortunately the 1m distancing which we used, as recommended by the Scottish government for indoor hospitality, does not supercede the Track and Trace requirements. However, this is completely irrelevant to the actual point behind made, which was that we did not "chance our arm". The poster in question was therefore talking shite.

Interesting point occurred to me this morning with various lower-league games off due to weather.

If a Premiership game is off for a frozen or waterlogged pitch is it now conceivable it'll be awarded 3-0 to visiting team? Rules require an "adequate pitch protection system" to ensure games can proceed IIRC.

If you haven't taken reasonable measures to minimise risk of pitch being unplayable - not switched on USH, not laid covers, etc. which have occurred before - does same principle apply?

4 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Interesting point occurred to me this morning with various lower-league games off due to weather.

If a Premiership game is off for a frozen or waterlogged pitch is it now conceivable it'll be awarded 3-0 to visiting team? Rules require an "adequate pitch protection system" to ensure games can proceed IIRC.

If you haven't taken reasonable measures to minimise risk of pitch being unplayable - not switched on USH, not laid covers, etc. which have occurred before - does same principle apply?

Depends if they are playing Motherwell

2 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

I see Leitch the Clown was putting in his tuppance worth last night about the daft squad photo.

What are people's predictions about United's punishment then? Fine? Points deduction?

If you can put a team on the park with the go ahead from the LHA I cannot see how they can justify any points deduction, 40k fine suspended until June in line with our financial punishment is the sensible option.

6 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

I see Leitch the Clown was putting in his tuppance worth last night about the daft squad photo.

What are peoples' predictions about United's punishment then? Fine? Points deduction?

Each player in the photo to isolate for 14 days, to be fair you are half way there.

What are peoples' predictions about United's punishment then? Fine? Points deduction?

It would appear that punishments are only dished out if a game is postponed at the request of a club. If Dundee Utd can fulfil the fixture today and those within the next 2 weeks then no punishment - a slap on the wrist and no further pictures to be taken.

10 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

You would imagine it would have to be more than what they dished out to Rangers, Celtic and Aberdeen when a few of their players breached the rules.  This is after all a club sponsored breach of the regulations.

1 hour ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Why clown?  I like his chat.

40 minutes ago, Hendo said:

The whole thing has now become ridiculous. No team photo but allowed to celebrate goals? Need to sit 2m away at lunch but the whole Scotland team can do the feckin conga? Double standards galore.

It isnt that difficult to fathom.

As Leitch just said - in order to allow professional sport to continue, players are allowed to be close together during the match, as they clearly need to tackle etc - so celebrating goals is fine.

However once they leave the stadium and are not playing / training then they are subject to the same rules as you and I.

So sitting together on buses, sharing cars, and presumably that photo - are all fairly obviously "not ok".

Hardly ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Hendo said:

The whole thing has now become ridiculous. 

No it hasn't 'become' ridiculous. Its exactly the same rules now as were signed up for and agreed to before the season started. It's clubs and players becoming lax, they're rightly getting hammered for it. 

21 minutes ago, Green Day said:

It isnt that difficult to fathom.

As Leitch just said - in order to allow professional sport to continue, players are allowed to be close together during the match, as they clearly need to tackle etc - so celebrating goals is fine.

However once they leave the stadium and are not playing / training then they are subject to the same rules as you and I.

So sitting together on buses, sharing cars, and presumably that photo - are all fairly obviously "not ok".

Hardly ridiculous.

So where was the condemnation of Scotland players doing the conga in the dressing room after the game was finished, or Tierney, Armstrong and Christie all playing playstation together? Like i say, double standards.

3 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

IMG_2011.thumb.jpg.85e2975663d004e5ba192803bd8aecff.jpg

This is Reading vs Forest today. Apparently the 2000 fans are allowed to sit together like a Dundee Utd team photo?

So? Why does it matter what the regulations in England are?

2 minutes ago, Hendo said:

So where was the condemnation of Scotland players doing the conga in the dressing room after the game was finished, or Tierney, Armstrong and Christie all playing playstation together? Like i say, double standards.

I think Tierney, Armstrong and Christie all had to isolate for 10 days after that incident. Christie certainly did I can’t remember if the EPL players managed to bend some rules to cut their isolation short. 

Agree with the point about the Scottish national team though. Official Twitter accounts were sharing the footage left right and centre, no mention of Covid regulations as they danced about a hotel conference room. 

Edited by IrishBhoy

What were the public health requirements in Serbia ? Serious question as they certainly would not be required to follow Scottish public health protocols in another country and as "elite" sportsmen would have been exempt from any quarantine measures on return to the uk. It's a terrible example really.

5 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

I think Tierney, Armstrong and Christie all had to isolate for 10 days after that incident. Christie certainly did I can’t remember if the EPL players managed to bend some rules to cut their isolation short. 

They did, but my point is the SFA thought this breach of the rules was ok, no media condemnation, just Lennon moaning about the rules being harsh.

Edited by Hendo