A-League and Australia Cup 2024/25

Eednud

On 22/05/2021 at 06:43, GNU_Linux said:

Also to the best of my knowledge this would leave Liam Reddy as the last remaining player to have played in both the NSL & A-League if he plays next season.

Alex Wilkinson 

ETA Scott McDonald played three games for Gippsland Falcons as a 15 year old

Edited by Arabdownunder
More info

Couple of surprises in tonight’s game. Western Ushited actually scored and Melbourne Victory had a victory, 1-6. No fans as Victoria in another lockdown. Tomorrow’s MelC v Newcastle Jets is postponed.

Guest TheJTS98

Some game there in the Distance Derby. 2-2 draw, a beauty of a goal and a late missed penalty.

Great news for Roar. I've done my sums and I reckon Roar guarantee play-offs if they beat Wanderers this afternoon.

Some game there in the Distance Derby. 2-2 draw, a beauty of a goal and a late missed penalty.
Great news for Roar. I've done my sums and I reckon Roar guarantee play-offs if they beat Wanderers this afternoon.

Just back from the game, was a decent atmosphere at Eden Park for a change. 2 cracking goals alongside a pretty poor penalty. The Phoenix had a few more shouts for a couple of more penalties too.

1 hour ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

Just back from the game, was a decent atmosphere at Eden Park for a change. 2 cracking goals alongside a pretty poor penalty. The Phoenix had a few more shouts for a couple of more penalties too.

Another great crowd for Phoenix (22,233) probably higher than most Super Rugby Trans Tasman games. 

2 hours ago, TheJTS98 said:

They have 2 home games left, Glory on Wed and SFC on Sat. Of the four remain)ng play-off spots all teams from 3rd to 9th still in with a chance. Remaining fixtures for the 7 as follows: 

CCM 39 pts +4 - Jets (H) Tue, WU (H) Sat;  AU 38 pts -2 - WSW (H) Thu;  Roar 37 pts +9 - Glory (H) Wed, SFC (H) Sat;  Bulls 36 pts -1 - Phoenix (H) Fri;  Phoenix 35 pts +7 - Bulls (A) Fri; WSW 34 pts +2 - AU (A) Thu; Glory 33 pts +1 - Roar (A) Wed, Jets (A) Sat.

Guest TheJTS98
3 hours ago, Eednud said:

Another great crowd for Phoenix (22,233) probably higher than most Super Rugby Trans Tasman games. 

They have 2 home games left, Glory on Wed and SFC on Sat. Of the four remain)ng play-off spots all teams from 3rd to 9th still in with a chance. Remaining fixtures for the 7 as follows: 

CCM 39 pts +4 - Jets (H) Tue, WU (H) Sat;  AU 38 pts -2 - WSW (H) Thu;  Roar 37 pts +9 - Glory (H) Wed, SFC (H) Sat;  Bulls 36 pts -1 - Phoenix (H) Fri;  Phoenix 35 pts +7 - Bulls (A) Fri; WSW 34 pts +2 - AU (A) Thu; Glory 33 pts +1 - Roar (A) Wed, Jets (A) Sat.

It's a good finish. I still reckon 3 points guarantees Roar, but even being pessimistic, I can't see them missing out.

Really looking forward to the play-offs.

That was an outstanding game of football between Glory and Phoenix earlier. Gutted that Glory are all but out of it now. The goal that put Glory 2-1 up was an absolute screamer and yes, I did actually scream with delight when it happened.

Last night Western United used their 5th home venue of the season against Macarthur at Leichhardt Oval in Sydney. The game had to be moved because of another lockdown in Melbourne. They did score but still lost, that’s 7 in a row and 8 without a win.

Guest TheJTS98
2 hours ago, Eednud said:

Roar guaranteed a finals spot but not glory for Glory. Adelaide and Phoenix fighting for the last play-off spot and it will be over tonight of the Reds beat WSW.

Wasn't really impressed with Roar last night, but got the job done. Still a chance of a top 3 finish, which would be magnificent.

It's coming home etc etc.