A-League and Australia Cup 2024/25

Eednud

45 minutes ago, Swarley said:

I've switched over to the Metro v Lions game. Hold up your "can I have your shirt" sign @Eednud

Great winning goal. First half you would have seen me as was near the corner flag on the left that Metro Stars were attacking. Bit of a nothing game apart from last 15-20 minutes. Hopefully they get an A-League side in the quarter final.

Last 3 Round of 16 ties tonight with the top one being APIA Leichhardt (2) v Sydney FC (1). APIA lifted this season’s NPL NSW title by 6 points. Other games are Gold  Coast Knights (2) v Western United (1), would be good to see the Western nomads losing, and Mt Druitt Town Rangers (2) v Heidelberg United (2). Mt Druitt finished second bottom of NPL NSW and face a play-off against Nepean FC, Heidelberg finished 9th in NPL VIC.

ETA: St George Saints not Nepean in playoff with Mt Druitt.

Edited by Eednud

17 hours ago, Eednud said:

Last 3 Round of 16 ties tonight with the top one being APIA Leichhardt (2) v Sydney FC (1). APIA lifted this season’s NPL NSW title by 6 points. Other games are Gold  Coast Knights (2) v Western United (1), would be good to see the Western nomads losing, and Mt Druitt Town Rangers (2) v Heidelberg United (2). Mt Druitt finished second bottom of NPL NSW and face a play-off against Nepean FC, Heidelberg finished 9th in NPL VIC.

Watched the APIA v Sydney game. Was disappointed with APIA as they were rightly hyped up but, in the end, posed no threat to a Sydney side that were not even in top gear.

28 minutes ago, Swarley said:

Watched the APIA v Sydney game. Was disappointed with APIA as they were rightly hyped up but, in the end, posed no threat to a Sydney side that were not even in top gear.

Saw most of that game and agree with you. Maybe the APIA lads were still hung over from Sunday’s title celebrations.

At least one NPL side in the SF after Melbourne Knights drawn against Heidelberg United. Metro Stars at home to Melbourne City but almost certain game will be moved to a large venue. Sydney v Western United and Brisbane Roar v WSW in the other ties.

On 29/08/2023 at 08:52, Eednud said:

The No. 7 who crossed the ball for the winner is called Hamish Gow, guessing some Scottish connection. The goal was scored by Ren Nagamatsu who probably doesn’t have any Scottish connection.

On the Metrostars website he says's half his family is from Glasgow and he's a ***-o, as they say in Australia (probably, probably not)

12 hours ago, Torpar said:

On the Metrostars website he says's half his family is from Glasgow and he's a ***-o, as they say in Australia (probably, probably not)

You did better than me as I couldn’t find anything other than his mug shot in the squad page, although didn’t check any further. Calling someone that in Oz could be looked on as a term of endearment or a misogynist remark.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems to be all kicking off before the league season commences. Danny Townsend off to some role in the Middle East, and they are ripping up the Grand Finals in NSW for 3 years contract and replacing with a "Magic Round".

On 01/09/2023 at 13:52, Eednud said:

You did better than me as I couldn’t find anything other than his mug shot in the squad page, although didn’t check any further. Calling someone that in Oz could be looked on as a term of endearment or a misogynist remark.

Very true h^n x

Not new but Craig Goodwin moving back to a Saudi club from Adelaide United. Doubt his pay packet will be as heavy as some.

It’s the start of Australia Cup Quarter Final action tonight. Melbourne Knights v Heidelberg United and here in Adelaide Metro Stars v Melbourne City which is being played at Metro Stars own ground. I thought Football SA would make them move it. It’s a hit and windy spring day in Adelaide heading for a high of 30 C but should be down to 20 or a bit below be kick-off. Have a ticket but not sure if I’ll be able to make it. They upped the price from $15 to $20 for this game. 

2 hours ago, Eednud said:

Not new but Craig Goodwin moving back to a Saudi club from Adelaide United. Doubt his pay packet will be as heavy as some. 

Sounds like he didn't want to go, but the club forced him. Very messy affair.

2 hours ago, Swarley said:

Sounds like he didn't want to go, but the club forced him. Very messy affair.

Just read he was supposed to get married 4 years ago when he first went to Saudi but the wedding was postponed. He got married on Saturday and on Monday he was off to Saudi (Al Wehda). Wife and kid joining him in 7 weeks.