Celtic's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Celtic's next permanent manager?  

445 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, AJF said:

Well, the reactions tell their own story. Do you think you'd get thousands of Celtic fans inside Celtic Park to welcome the appointment of Postecoglou (if covid restrictions were not an issue) the way Rangers did with Gerrard?

I'm not really comparing the managerial ability, rather the way they were both received by the fans. My impression from Celtic fans is that they are willing to give him time but are quite apprehensive about it all.

I've got to admit I've got no real interest in the fanfare of appointing a manager.

I wonder if Ange will bring these crazy glasses out for away trips to far off places like Tynecastle or Pittodrie. Innovation plus

Socceroos and Honduras draw 0-0 in first leg; Socceroos v Honduras; World Cup playoff second leg in Sydney | The Courier Mail
1f70c422f02ccd127d11240081179ef5.jpg.7195a11447e8f1d8e5202178d8f39aaf.jpg

This was the time that the FFA spent an absolute fortune on a chartered flight to ensure victory over the mighty Honduras, after Ange's world beaters had finished third in a group behind Saudi Arabia and Japan and then ground their way to a glorious extra-time victory over Syria.

3 hours ago, craigkillie said:

This was the time that the FFA spent an absolute fortune on a chartered flight to ensure victory over the mighty Honduras, after Ange's world beaters had finished third in a group behind Saudi Arabia and Japan and then ground their way to a glorious extra-time victory over Syria.

I would imagine such an obscure flight route would require a chartered flight unless they fancy spending half the time between the games in airports/planes.

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I would imagine such an obscure flight route would require a chartered flight unless they fancy spending half the time between the games in airports/planes.

Honduras had to do this, and it was credited as one of the reasons why Australia won in the return match. The FFA chucked a fortune at it.

Just now, craigkillie said:

Honduras had to do this, and it was credited as one of the reasons why Australia won in the return match. The FFA chucked a fortune at it.

Its a bit of a non-story for me. Whilst it certainly does give an advantage any association with a decent cash flow would have  done the same.

3 hours ago, craigkillie said:

If I didn't know you better I'd say that post was dripping in sarcasm...

On 15/06/2021 at 12:23, AJF said:

Well, the reactions tell their own story. Do you think you'd get thousands of Celtic fans inside Celtic Park to welcome the appointment of Postecoglou (if covid restrictions were not an issue) the way Rangers did with Gerrard?

I'm not really comparing the managerial ability, rather the way they were both received by the fans. My impression from Celtic fans is that they are willing to give him time but are quite apprehensive about it all.

Crowd-wanking thread for this pish 

On 14/06/2021 at 08:37, AJF said:

I'd argue his appointment alone contributed massively to the mentality shift we've seen at Rangers since he joined

Hmm the mentality shift that came through three years later when they only bottled two of the three trophies they were competing forHappy Monday GIF by memecandy

Edited by Insaintee

31 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

Hmm the mentality shift that came through three years later when they only bottled two of the three trophies they were competing forHappy Monday GIF by memecandy

The difference in our team under Gerrard was almost instant. We qualified for the Europa league after just getting papped out by Luxembourg’s 4th best team the year before and we were use to 5 goal pumpings from Celtic which turned into semi-regularly beating them from his first season onwards, reducing a tens of millions of pounds advantage to nothing over time.

Of course, like you mention, silverware never same til last season but the difference in the team was night and day almost immediately and I think Gerrard (and his coaching staff) 100% improved our mentality over his time here - I’m not sure if that can really be argued against.

• 1 month later...
On 14/06/2021 at 01:52, Jinky67 said:

Wouldn’t say delighted however not prepared to right him off based on the opinions of people who clearly don’t know anything about him.

Far from being an expert myself I’m much more prepared to listen to opinions of those who have worked with him and from what I’ve seen and heard there is reason for some optimism.

Be some laugh if the big fella smashes this 

It's certainly going well so far, before the league has even kicked off. 

2 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

It's certainly going well so far, before the league has even kicked off. 

Can’t really blame the manager for tonight. He needs time and help from the board. He’s had f**k all of the latter so far.

54 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Strike 1 for ange 

Some of the usual histrionics regarding the manager happening more so from outside of Celtic.

The guy hasn’t been given much of a hand to play by the board. We finished that game with half a colts team on the park, it’s an embarrassing situation for the board but they are the only people collecting strikes currently