2020 on P&B - Best and Worst

1 minute ago, throbber said:

That’s a couple of cutting remarks today now Sarge, maybe reign it in a bit.

It's all in jest you know that. That's not how you spell rein in this context. If you're going to be the new forum heavyweight, best brush up on that kind of thing.

Throbber's elevation to both the political and moral compass of the pie and bovril forum really is a fitting end to 2020.

It gives us hope and renewed optimisim as we move into the sunlit uplands of 2021.

God bless 

1 minute ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Throbber's elevation to both the political and moral compass of the pie and bovril forum really is a fitting end to 2020.

It gives us hope and renewed optimisim as we move into the sunlit uplands of 2021.

God bless 

It’s similar to Adele or Ed Sheeran becoming popular. 

3 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

God bless 

A Damascene conversion if ever there was one.

11 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It's all in jest you know that. That's not how you spell rein in this context. If you're going to be the new forum heavyweight, best brush up on that kind of thing.

It’s the Freudian slip of someone experiencing a God complex.

Edited by Shandön Par

3 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I had a beer at 9am and I'm still in bed watching TV. A few fair folk on here not realising that Christmas is similar to The Purge and you can do the f**k what you like for a week before dealing with the hell that is normal life.

I'm not sure this is a Christmas thing for him, though. I'm fairly certain he's been seen talking about drinking a bottle of wine over the day starting at about 9am over the years on the nom nom nom thread. 

2 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Drinking in the morning is great fun at Christmas time or on a hangover after a sesh and you’re getting back on it.

Aye but if you're doing the latter, you're a jakey bastirt. (says me; time served jakey bastirt). 

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

Someone tagged me but deleted their post before I could see what it was.

Can only assume it was a "Best Poster" nomination!

Me, I was naming names in my post but decided to preserve you and the other guys modesty.

You know now, well done on a good forum year!

18 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I'm not sure this is a Christmas thing for him, though. I'm fairly certain he's been seen talking about drinking a bottle of wine over the day starting at about 9am over the years on the nom nom nom thread. 

Maybe you can point to these posts.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

I’m really not a fan of this YOLO/ live fast, die young attitude that some seemingly responsible adults have to drinking either. Liver disease is not fun and nobody who’s in the process of dying of alcoholism will be thinking “oh well i had a good laugh at the time lol!”

I had 2 x friends phone me on Saturday morning, they had been up all night drinking and flouting lockdown regulations and were babbling away on the phone at 630 am when I was looking after my toddler and 8 week old son, needless to say I was getting more civilised conversation from the children. I think every teenage child should be forced to attend that aftermath of a party at 6 am and see just how utterly disgusting people are when coming down from drugs and booze and they can ask themselves if they really want to go down that path in life. I’m also going to put a poster of that George Best pic on my sons bedroom wall throughout his teenage years in case he ends up falling into the same abyss as I did upon entering adulthood.

You've changed. 

Were you not formerly an advocate of drinking by yourself in railway station toilets? 

22 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Someone tagged me but deleted their post before I could see what it was.

Can only assume it was a "Best Poster" nomination!

I was me far calling you out, as your a slavering mess for six mouths, finally got the socks up and playing the midfield roll we expectected .  However, thinks he is a better player than what he does, Still sprays over hit passes to the wide boys.   Back in defense (Falkirk thread) he really showes his stuff, unfortunately, the TV don't see the 3rd tier.

18 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Me, I was naming names in my post but decided to preserve you and the other guys modesty.

You know now, well done on a good forum year!

Lies

Edited by SlipperyP

16 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Maybe you can point to these posts.

I'm not away to search the forum to prove the point that you drink very early in the morning. If you don't think you've posted that - and been pulled up for a it - before then fair enough. I certainly remember folk being quite taken aback by you being on the drink exceptionally early in the morning then defending it with "but I spread a bottle out over the course of the day". 

Have a merry Christmas. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I'm not away to search the forum to prove the point that you drink very early in the morning. If you don't think you've posted that - and been pulled up for a it - before then fair enough. I certainly remember folk being quite taken aback by you being on the drink exceptionally early in the morning then defending it with "but I spread a bottle out over the course of the day". 

Have a merry Christmas. 

Coincidentally a six litre wine bottle is called a Methuselah.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Have a merry Christmas. 

So making accusations, unable to back them up then claiming they have validity because someone else said so too.

That’s like Trump’s claims of election fraud, and equally as valid.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

So making accusations, unable to back them up then claiming they have validity because someone else said so too.

That’s like Trump’s claims of election fraud, and equally as valid.

I'm not making accusations, you're literally sitting wine soaked at 9:30am. 

If other folk remember, terrific point proven. If they don't, I couldn't really care. Don't take such umbrage over folk mentioning you drink early morning when you're sitting three sheets to the wind due to drinking early morning.