Games Off

Just now, Ceejayar said:

Hard to fathom out why almost the full Darvel squad have to isolate if all the correct procedures have been carried out🤷🏻‍♂️

The exact same thing happened to the likes of East Stirlingshire and Dunipace. They were later overturned once challenged and clarified what had happened.

This was the fear that Yoker had after finding out a player had tested positive on a Friday. That Track n Trace would come along and get the rest of of the squad to self-isolate. Which is why they called off to be on the safe side. Since Yoker were playing the following week, that obviously never happened.

3 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The exact same thing happened to the likes of East Stirlingshire and Dunipace. They were later overturned once challenged and clarified what had happened.

This was the fear that Yoker had after finding out a player had tested positive on a Friday. That Track n Trace would come along and get the rest of of the squad to self-isolate. Which is why they called off to be on the safe side. Since Yoker were playing the following week, that obviously never happened.

So basically it’s better to say there has been close contact with a full squad to ensure track and trace contact you than playing a game of chance and they don’t, that doesn’t seem  right to me. If socisl distancing has been observed outside of the pitch area and no car sharing is involved there is no need for players that have tested positive to include other players in track and trace, I may be wrong but that’s my take on it🤷🏻‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

I’m pretty sure this will get cleared up like was previously said with the other clubs as I know one of the covid officers at Darvel and I know he wouldn’t want involved in not carrying out the correct protocols.

The protocols have been carried out, the issue is unfortunately there seems to be difference interpretation of who should isolate depending who you speak to at TP. 

We will continue to isolate until we have been told otherwise, as I said we have liaised with the league from the outset. 

12 minutes ago, Mkennedy said:

The protocols have been carried out, the issue is unfortunately there seems to be difference interpretation of who should isolate depending who you speak to at TP. 

We will continue to isolate until we have been told otherwise, as I said we have liaised with the league from the outset. 

I have had issues personally with tp and public health Scotland regarding isolating, every case is looked at individually as I told RM at my boys football.

27 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

So basically it’s better to say there has been close contact with a full squad to ensure track and trace contact you than playing a game of chance and they don’t, that doesn’t seem  right to me. If socisl distancing has been observed outside of the pitch area and no car sharing is involved there is no need for players that have tested positive to include other players in track and trace, I may be wrong but that’s my take on it🤷🏻‍♂️

I would have thought part of the reason the clubs keep records of who is in attendance, is so they pass that information on to T&T after they get contacted. As T&T follow up on the names and businesses they've been to in a certain time period. In which case all the names of players would get picked up regardless of what an individual player says to the T&T operator.

T&T may well have just put in a blanket ban on all those that trained, without going into detail of what training might have involved.

15 hours ago, Ceejayar said:

At the highest level yes, not lowland league to the championship I don’t think.

Our whole squad at Kilmarnock were told to isolate which eventually lead to a couple of 3-0 forfeits and that’s with testing. I don’t think it should be looked at as some type of conspiracy either way if the Darvel players were or weren’t told to isolate.

Hope the guys affected are ok.

20 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Our whole squad at Kilmarnock were told to isolate which eventually lead to a couple of 3-0 forfeits and that’s with testing. I don’t think it should be looked at as some type of conspiracy either way if the Darvel players were or weren’t told to isolate.

Hope the guys affected are ok.

I don’t think there’s any conspiracy, but there doesn’t appear to be much consistency, I would have thought Darvel would have had the same sanctions as Kilmarnock but someone has said if it’s over 7 players the game would be played at a later date🤷🏻‍♂️

25 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

I don’t think there’s any conspiracy, but there doesn’t appear to be much consistency, I would have thought Darvel would have had the same sanctions as Kilmarnock but someone has said if it’s over 7 players the game would be played at a later date🤷🏻‍♂️

Kilmarnock are under the SPFL and playing in the Premiership which means a 38 game league season with a co-ordinated finish at 33 games to allow for the split, Scottish Cup and League Cup. It doesn't provide the same level of flexibility around postponements that non-league does.

The 7 players out rule allowing for a postponement in the WoSFL is just an amended version which is in place for traditional illnesses. This time its not just medical proof that confirms a player out, but confirmation a player has been told to self-isolate by T&T or self-isolating while waiting on test results.

Different leagues, different rules.

5 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Kilmarnock are under the SPFL and playing in the Premiership which means a 38 game league season with a co-ordinated finish at 33 games to allow for the split, Scottish Cup and League Cup. It doesn't provide the same level of flexibility around postponements that non-league does.

The 7 players out rule allowing for a postponement in the WoSFL is just an amended version which is in place for traditional illnesses. This time its not just medical proof that confirms a player out, but confirmation a player has been told to self-isolate by T&T or self-isolating while waiting on test results.

Different leagues, different rules.

So i can only presume the 14 from Darvel are the ones who were at training and on the register, this in turn goes to t&t hence why the squad have to isolate, if every team are complying you would think there will be a lot more postponed games to come and a lot of players potentially out of pocket .

Just now, Ceejayar said:

So i can only presume the 14 from Darvel are the ones who were at training and on the register, this in turn goes to t&t hence why the squad have to isolate, if every team are complying you would think there will be a lot more postponed games to come and a lot of players potentially out of pocket .

I would imagine they were the ones on the register for that training with a blanket call to self-isolate. When it happened to Dunipace and they were challenging it they had to go through what the training session involved etc. Chances are the original T&T operator(s) never went into that detail originally and just thought football = close contact to justify the self-isolation decision for everyone.

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I would imagine they were the ones on the register for that training with a blanket call to self-isolate. When it happened to Dunipace and they were challenging it they had to go through what the training session involved etc. Chances are the original T&T operator(s) never went into that detail originally and just thought football = close contact to justify the self-isolation decision for everyone.

I’ve had a personal experience of this myself and when contacted by public health Scotland they over turned the original info given by t&t and said that every case can be looked at in an individual basis. 

T&T is a non medical person working in a call centre and will go by the script sheet that is in from of them so will apply the rules depending on what they are TOLD and the local health board may follow up. For a contact to self isolate I’m sure the guidelines are in close proximity for >15mins

It may suit some clubs depending on the motives (injures or suspension) to just give all the names get the game postponed, then hey presto NHS gets involved a couple of days later  and we find that only a couple of players need to self isolate.

Be interesting to see how many player are self isolating this weekend 

11 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

It may suit some clubs depending on the motives (injures or suspension) to just give all the names get the game postponed, then hey presto NHS gets involved a couple of days later  and we find that only a couple of players need to self isolate.

Or they give the names because that's what was asked for and it takes days later to unpick the initial decision because it was never established in the beginning that despite playing football/training alongside a positive person there was never enough close proximity or enough time to warrant the blanket self-isolation order on everyone that took part in the session.

Do people really think clubs are trying to get their entire squad off work for two weeks (unless they work from home). Putting the players and their families under financial and mental stress just so they can avoid playing a couple of games of football?