P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

10 hours ago, Eednud said:

I think I might resign from the competition as I’m probably holding up my opponents and the league due to time difference (GMT +10:30). Sorry I should have thought of that before joining. One of the latecomers would be better off in my place.

There’s no rush, you have 2 weeks to complete one game 

1 hour ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Round 2

Division C

beef2711 beats invergowrie.

Good game @invergowrie arab

WavyThisAustraliansilkyterrier-size_restricted.gif.1ba5a2b2974966874f7d572047653bf3.gif

Two losses out of 2 but we are playing away well in the middle of the board and just missing that wee bit of quality in the final third.

We have a week now off to work on a few bits and pieces but the lads are confident in their ability and there's a great atmosphere around the place.

Two losses out of 2 but we are playing away well in the middle of the board and just missing that wee bit of quality in the final third.
We have a week now off to work on a few bits and pieces but the lads are confident in their ability and there's a great atmosphere around the place.

It's Mickey Mellon.

3 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
5 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

It's Mickey Mellon.

MM would move his Queen to A1 and try and dominate the centre with pawns 

8 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

^^^ Charles the Bewitched

13 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Aye - I'm really no enjoying the 'day' format. Sorry Biggie I've probably left you hanging throughout the day. Would much rather just a one off 10 minute session or something. Quite tough getting used to remembering, 'oh shit, the other guy made a move an hour ago!'

Sorry if I've pissed you off.

No probs, not pissed off.

Thank you.

1 minute ago, Eednud said:

flamingalah01 was a right flamin’ galah not paying attention so loses in hardly any moves to el-scorgio.

If it's any consolation, I also did the equivalent of being bowled middle stump playing no shot on another forum tourney I'm in just now - can so easily be done when you're looking at opening up another part of the board and get caught out. Law of averages I'll do it at some point in this league n'all...

10 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Got it. Sent the game request now. No rush to accept it. Playing @101 at the moment so whenever you're ready.

Playing  NotThepars just now. Maybe i'm being a bit dim but do we not play our round 1 opponents home and away before going on to the round 2 games?