P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

The set-up of Scottish chess really is the pits. I mean I already have to play top flight opposition in AH13STU twice a season as it is. I was looking forward to a wee journey to ground I've never been at before such as @eindhovendee.

Can't even bring in some decent PPV money from the fans as Alba is all over it.

And we have to play @die hard doonhamer a team we played a week ago!

At least we are at home.

5daf1a1b158902189a59267160683532.jpg

A draw between LudoNo1 and PurpleKangaroo89. I went up a piece but in the process my bishop got trapped. The computer said I had a win, but it was a fairly counterintuitive queen move, while the more obvious move took us towards draw territory. I then couldn't escape a perpetual check and had to accept the draw offer.

8 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

A draw between LudoNo1 and PurpleKangaroo89. I went up a piece but in the process my bishop got trapped. The computer said I had a win, but it was a fairly counterintuitive queen move, while the more obvious move took us towards draw territory. I then couldn't escape a perpetual check and had to accept the draw offer.

Really tense game. From the moment we had the trade of pieces, I was aiming for the draw. You had 6 pawns left to my 4, but you had 2 doubles and with us both having our rooks, I envisioned a scenario where you'd create a fast pawn. Enjoyed it. Good game.

38 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Division C

Week 4

Round 7

tenor-2.gif.c50541ffac218e471c0d40cc9b52e767.gif

Johnnydun418 beats Mackieboz.

Good game @Stellaboz.

Yep what I thought was going to be a battle for Middle Earth turned out to be much more simple as you killed me off down the castled side. I dunno if I should have traded queens with you early on and just took it to a shitfest but you had your tactics spot on against the East Stirling of PnB chess. 

4 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Yep what I thought was going to be a battle for Middle Earth turned out to be much more simple as you killed me off down the castled side. I dunno if I should have traded queens with you early on and just took it to a shitfest but you had your tactics spot on against the East Stirling of PnB chess. 

That's me.

48 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Exciting cup tie in prospect vs @Henderson to deliver ...... Both sides are very much taking the attitude that pawns are just obstructions to getting the big hitters out to kick the shit out of the opposition.

Huge moneyspinner for the club as we go away to a side in a higher division.

We're only gone and conceded early doors and face a huge fight just to take it to a replay.

7 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Huge moneyspinner for the club as we go away to a side in a higher division.

We're only gone and conceded early doors and face a huge fight just to take it to a replay.

I suspect this is one the pundits will euphemistically label a "typical cup tie" in the post-match analysis.

Just now, Ziggy said:

Madwullie had just rocked my world by castling in 960. I had no idea you could castle.

His king went from f1 to c1.

witchcraft.

I was just wondering what happens when you want to castle but an opposition piece is between the king and the rook. I've never even seen that scenario. I assume you can't do it because the rule is no pieces between king and rook, but I'd like to see the opposition piece be crushed in between the king and rook.