P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

3 hours ago, Gordon EF said:
  Hide contents

giphy.gif

Challenge sent. If it was an end of season knockabout with nothing on it, I'd 100% be bongclouding for the love of the game. Alas, with a sniff of promotion, much too scared of that. 

GL.

Beef2711 beats diehard doonhamer.

Quite tactical in the opening, but a strong pin on the king lost him his knight and I was able to keep up the pressure.

Also first time I've seen this opening.

Screenshot_20210319-141614.thumb.jpg.81cd3f5e00ea4eef224624a80997c977.jpg

madwullie beats @Richey Edwards by check mate.

Really open game that I thought I was behind in until suddenly a mate was staring me in the face. According to the analysis I could have had it earlier. Had no idea. 

Thanks for the game mate 🤝 

Edited by madwullie

3 minutes ago, madwullie said:

madwullie beats @Richey Edwards by check mate.

Really open game that I thought I was behind in until suddenly a mate was staring me in the face. According to the analysis I could have had it earlier. Had no idea. 

Thanks for the game mate 🤝 

Yeah, serves me right for watching telly while playing. 😂

Well done.

22 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

League B Round 14

GordonEF beats NotThePars by checkmate

I was under the cosh a fair bit at the beginning. NotThePars went on the offensive and my defending was a little bit ropey at times. His Queen and bishop were both pointing menacingly at my king for a while but the turning point was managing to force the Queen exchange and get the bishop out of it for free. With all his remaining non-pawn pieces on the back rank at that point, I managed to see out the game without too many hiccups from that point.

9 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:
Division B
P
W
L
D
Pts
Elrohana
el_scorgio
GordonEF
Bri1962
hammysgp
markf268
Dandies1983
NotThePars
Arabjoe
flamingalah01

Round 15

Dandies1983 v hammysgetinpumped 

GordonEF v Elrohana

markf268 v Bri1962

NotThePars v el_scorgio

flamingalah01 v Arabjoe

Round 16

Elrohana v Dandies1983

Bri1962 v hammysgetinpumped 

el_scorgio v GordonEF 

Arabjoe v markf268 

flamingalah01 v NotThePars

Not to f**k myself here but I think you've made a mess of the bottom of the table

Dragged an away game against Elrohana out to 30 moves 
A moral victory default_cool.png
Well played [mention=22650]DeeTillEhDeh[/mention]
It was a difficult start for me - you had some real pressure on the pawn diagonally to the right of my king. The analysis says it was a missed win because instead of moving my bishop and letting you have the pawn I blocked your attack with my knight - knew I had enough pieces to defend the middle.

Once we swapped off pieces I was still a pawn ahead - game changer was pushing the pawn to attack your Queen.

The coup de grace was taking your Queen - checking the King with my bishop and leaving your undefended Queen attacked by my rook - was not sure if you'd fall for it - did a flip of the board and I could see that it could be missed.

Just a matter of picking off pieces after that.

Good game. Screenshot_20210320_085845_com.chess.thumb.jpeg.45e8dd31f3003978926eeab1983953dc.jpegScreenshot_20210320_085854_com.chess.thumb.jpeg.4be3f0886606736fb079b5b78797ae50.jpeg

47 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

It's not - he can't move his Rook!!

It's pinned to his King.

It's actually forced mate in 5 for White.

Of course. Too early in the morning for me.

Eindhovendee beats mackieboz in a fairly simple victory.
When I woke up and saw the board this morning I knew it was over. Felt after 3or 4 moves I'd already approached this game wrong and it was all on the back foot.

Well played air. Jonnydun will get the fallout from this...

PurpleKangaroo89 beats Bri1962 in the cup after a long battle, i stupidly lost a rook after probably edging it without being up but after that it was always gonna be tough and the advantage eventually won it for PK. Good game though well played PK. Dundee v Kilmarnock final....when was the last time that happened??