P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I just played it back - should never have blocked with the rook and swapped off rooks - big blunder that definitely cost the win - a bit of board blindness on my part - would have taken his Bishop if I had just moved my King - too focused on his Rook and not on what was happening elsewhere.

Aye. I just fired the position into the analysis set up and it's one of these ones that seems fairly obvious once you see it. Didn't even consider it myself as, like you, I was too focussed on what was happening with the rooks and queens.

Put it down to the lads having one eye on the cup final.

THE BETH HARMON SCOTTISH CUP FINAL 

I'm live at pitchside for this massive occasion, where our 2 finalists have kicked off.

IMG_20210323_133853.thumb.jpg.908cbfc6fcf4946de467f13fb011ff66.jpg

White has opened with pawns to c5 and e5, creating a pawn structure similar to the Maróczy Bind. This is usually seen in the Sicillian Defense after white's d pawn has been exchanged. This gives white a firm hold on the d5 square, prevents the optimal move of d5 and gives white some nice space in the centre. This may lead to a closed game, a typically edgy opening to a cup final, but with the unusal board setup, it's difficult to tell. Black has plenty options though, he may immediately strike back in the centre with pawns and break the bind, or delay, develop and open the position later. Another option is mounting a queenside attack.

It's early days here Clive, but we're all set for a cracking cup tie. Back to the studio.

Edited by Henderson to deliver .....

1 hour ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

I'm live at pitchside for this massive occasion, where our 2 finalists have kicked off.

White has opened with pawns to c5 and e5, creating a pawn structure similar to the Maróczy Bind. This is usually seen in the Sicillian Defense after white's d pawn has been exchanged. This gives white a firm hold on the d5 square, prevents the optimal move of d5 and gives white some nice space in the centre. This may lead to a closed game, a typically edgy opening to a cup final, but with the unusal board setup, it's difficult to tell. Black has plenty options though, he may immediately strike back in the centre with pawns and break the bind, or delay, develop and open the position later. Another option is mounting a queenside attack.

It's early days here Clive, but we're all set for a cracking cup tie. Back to the studio.

Wit's the pawn daein' Tom?

2 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

I've no idea about the app, but on the website you can right click to highlight squares and draw arrows.

image_2021-03-23_163734.png

7 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

I've no idea about the app, but on the website you can right click to highlight squares and draw arrows.

image_2021-03-23_163734.png

I use a tablet or mobile, so I can't do this. I like my way though, definitely gives it some amateurish Sportscene/BBC Alba vibes.

29 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

I use a tablet or mobile, so I can't do this. I like my way though, definitely gives it some amateurish Sportscene/BBC Alba vibes.

Next season, I'm expecting a full interactive replay mode with you digitally superimposed onto the board and walking around the pieces.

Pre-match programme for this featured highlights of my team losing to Elrohana in the first round at some tiny ground, with my pawn taking their knight before wheeching up his top to reveal a t-shirt bearing the message "Huv ye got it taped maw?"

2 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Next season, I'm expecting a full interactive replay mode with you digitally superimposed onto the board and walking around the pieces.

I've now watched enough chess videos on YouTube to expect to see him framed beside the board saying into a huge mic "if he takes this, he is gone."

Indian/ Russian accent optional.

I've now watched enough chess videos on YouTube to expect to see him framed beside the board saying into a huge mic "if he takes this, he is gone."
Indian/ Russian accent optional.

You need to watch Agadmator. He's the king of analysis videos.

12 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
24 minutes ago, GordonS said:
Who did you think I was talking about?

I dunno, but his accent is neither Indian nor Russian.

Sounded Russian to me, but I looked him up and he's Croatian.

Close enough to play a Russian in a Bond film.