The Hypothetical Roadmap to Getting Fans Back in the SPFL Grounds Discussion

The Getting Fans Back in the SPFL Grounds Questionnaire  

222 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Absolutely done with this now. I got a bit of kick back here after suggesting the process was a shambles because the return of full stadiums was in sight. I really hope it is, but it just seems like there will still be multiple hoops to jump through. I'm not confident we will see unrestricted attendances for a while yet and then guess what, we will be into autumn/winter when we will no doubt be told to protect the NHS again.

9 minutes ago, AJF said:

Absolutely done with this now. I got a bit of kick back here after suggesting the process was a shambles because the return of full stadiums was in sight. I really hope it is, but it just seems like there will still be multiple hoops to jump through. I'm not confident we will see unrestricted attendances for a while yet and then guess what, we will be into autumn/winter when we will no doubt be told to protect the NHS again.

The second there is an outbreak linked to football crowds, football will be clamped right down on. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

The second there is an outbreak linked to football crowds, football will be clamped right down on. 

The only thing that may work in our favour is that they never really came out and condemned any potential outbreaks following our trip to Wembley.

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

The only thing that may work in our favour is that they never really came out and condemned any potential outbreaks following our trip to Wembley.

I'm just grumpy because it's up tor the council. Currently the council are enforcing strict "season ticket holders only" in Perth. 

European games coming up etc. No doubt be limited to the minimum.

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

"Can we have 60k for a Rugby game at Murrayfield please?"  "Of Course! See you in Hospitality before the game - I've looked out my best tweed gilet and salmon pink cords"

"Can we have 10k for a run of the mill Premiership football game?" "<sharp intake of breath> Too risky. Let's call it 2500, with mandatory vaccine passports"

34 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

This seems bizarre to me 

Need permission for over 5,000 fans at an all seater stadium, but nightclubs is back to business as usual?

The pubs doesn’t make sense either if they’re only going to allow table service only

May be something to do with the big crowd all travelling together at the same time in comparison to folk going in and out of nightclubs etc.

6 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

May be something to do with the big crowd all travelling together at the same time in comparison to folk going in and out of nightclubs etc.

But would it really be much of a difference between the end of a night in a city centre when the clubs are all closing?

Just seems bizarre to me, wonder if Leitch will be on OTB this weekend to explain 

6 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

But would it really be much of a difference between the end of a night in a city centre when the clubs are all closing?

Just seems bizarre to me, wonder if Leitch will be on OTB this weekend to explain 

Even if he is, he will not articulate anything beyond “BECAUSE YOU CAN’T HAVE EVERYTHING”

8 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

I'm sure he will. I'm not one who greets about him, ex dentist etc blah blah.

Don't mind him and fair play to him for going on and facing up to questioning but his answer will be along the lines of (Cliché ridden)

"The virus isn't gone, it's a dangerous, deadly virus so we still need to be careful. Need to make sure with big crowds that we continue to control the spread of the virus. It won't be forever as we continue with the second vaccines". 

16 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

I hope so.

I've no idea btw. Just throwing shite at the wall and see what sticks.

I got the impression that they were leaving a tick box process in place just to make sure people don’t switch off to the ‘danger’, have a plan that involves hand gel and the wearing of masks when moving about the stadium and all is well.

Obviously it is open for interpretation by councils but as long as each club or their fans have not been dicks then the plans will be waved through.

18 minutes ago, ropy said:

I got the impression that they were leaving a tick box process in place just to make sure people don’t switch off to the ‘danger’, have a plan that involves hand gel and the wearing of masks when moving about the stadium and all is well.

Obviously it is open for interpretation by councils but as long as each club or their fans have not been dicks then the plans will be waved through.

Which if that's the kind of restrictions then I see nothing wrong with that. 

Encouraging folk to wash their hands covid or not is a policy I'm all for anyway!!! 🤣

This is the guidance clubs will need to meet according to BBC. Quite a bit more than just wash your hands !

What do clubs have to do to get more fans?

Since 19 July, clubs have been applying to their local council to host more than the legal limit, which will be 5,000 from Monday.
They have to submit an operations and risk assessment to prove they are keeping spectators safe.
Clubs have to prove they have considered the potential impact on the local area in terms of a Covid-19 outbreak, as well as pressures on public transport and businesses, and whether lots of people are likely to be travelling from elsewhere in the country to the event.
Crucially, previous evidence of safely hosting an event counts in favour of applicants, and so clubs who have already had applications approved are likely to be in a strong position.

9 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

This is the guidance clubs will need to meet according to BBC. Quite a bit more than just wash your hands !

Since 19 July, clubs have been applying to their local council to host more than the legal limit, which will be 5,000 from Monday.
They have to submit an operations and risk assessment to prove they are keeping spectators safe.
Clubs have to prove they have considered the potential impact on the local area in terms of a Covid-19 outbreak, as well as pressures on public transport and businesses, and whether lots of people are likely to be travelling from elsewhere in the country to the event.
Crucially, previous evidence of safely hosting an event counts in favour of applicants, and so clubs who have already had applications approved are likely to be in a strong position.

That should all be straightforward and those that need it will have those plans in place already.  Just get the council onside.

11 minutes ago, ropy said:

That should all be straightforward and those that need it will have those plans in place already.  Just get the council onside.

The difficulty is how to do you measure or prove "keep spectators safe". 

For me that just ends up with clubs continuing to enforce social distancing because how else can they prove they're keeping anyone " " Safe " ". 

For example as you'll know Council in Perth just do not like the idea of away fans. I believe they also want a complete seating plan etc. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

11 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

The difficulty is how to do you measure or prove "keep spectators safe". 

For me that just ends up with clubs continuing to enforce social distancing because how else can they prove they're keeping anyone " " Safe " ". 

For example as you'll know Council in Perth just do not like the idea of away fans. I believe they also want a complete seating plan etc. 

Just tell them it’s not a wedding.

3 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Parts of this are fucking stupid.

A blanket 5000 "free limit"................regardless of how your stadium is constructed or how large (e.g. Ibrox has many more entrances and exits than Easter Road) makes little sense.

In an ideal world the councils would look favourably on all our clubs applications for full-ish stadia.

Sadly council officials are largely arseholes.

It's a shame that amidst all the SG's nonsense restrictions/'guidelines' for hospitality being ripped to shreds in the past 24 hours under the lightest scrutiny, that attention hasn't yet turned to risible '2000 standing or 5000 seated' limit for football matches and other events. 

What evidence is there that the virus is 2.5x more infectious on a terrace than in a stand? 

If the SG and its gormless advisors believed that the potential to mix with others in a standing area such as a terrace is the problem, how does this still apply now that social distancing requirements are being removed? It makes no fucking difference what setting you are in, now that there is now no legal requirement to maintain distancing anyway.

Continuing with a lower capacity for clubs with terracing - and so requiring them to apply for a combination of seating/standing capacity to a gormless council officer - is total fucking nonsense that needs to be binned. 

Edited by vikingTON