Tory Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- Add Them Here

HTG

I feel Tories a laying a nice trap for Labour that if they even were to restart HS2 it is seen as expensive waste of public money and will be criticised for it. But if they don't then restart HS2 which I think is very likely then they can't criticise Tories for stopping the project now. Tories are definitely making it very hard for Labour when they eventually get back into office.

Also the next election date should be set in stone instead of Tories trying to hang on as long as possible or waiting for polls to somehow swing in their favour before they set a date. It seems a very dodgy way to do elections. I am not a Labour supporter but seems a complete shit show.

Edited by Shannon

5 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

Sometimes when you think they cannot get more mental, they go and trump themselves.

That Liz Truss has the brass neck to ever show her face in public again is quite something. That 60!! MP's feel strongly enough to back her is utterly staggering. These folk should be stopped at they leave the venue and have some sort of mental capability assessment carried out on them. 

Don't suppose by any chance Dross is one the tricky sixty? 

4 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Don't suppose by any chance Dross is one the tricky sixty? 

No idea, but if he was, he'd change his mind and come out. If he isn't, he'll change him mind and join.

These folk have zero conviction to anything aside from themselves.

I suspect batshit mentalist Truss and Boris loyalists have leaked the Net Zero and HS2 U-turns to wreck Sunak's big speech about all the great things he was going to do with the money, like abolishing inheritance tax for the extremely wealthy.

Caught some of the Conservative* party conference earlier - fucking hell.....................

Susan Hall (London Mayoral candidate, batshit crazy) stoking racist flames by suggesting that Jews in London should be frightened of Muslim Sadiq Khan. 

Environment Sec Claire Coutinho lying about Keir Starmer wanting to introduce a "meat tax".  Sophy Ridge of Sky News was openly mocking her in the interview.

Transport secretary Mark Harper suggesting that Labour wants to put "cameras on every lamp post". Also said that Labour local councils want to "force people to have shopping slots in their 15 minute cities" and that the responsible conservatives are merely addressing peoples "real concerns" about this.

BBC R 4 rightly called him on this and suggested that they are spreading disinformation and conspiracy theories that dont actually exist because nobody actually has this as a policy.

And all of them continuing to deny that HS2 is dead.

*It seems clear that what was the Conservative party is now fatally fractured, there is horrific right wing which is basically the Brexit/Reform party (and into which the new incarnation of this party will almost certainly turn).

That perhaps explains why the disgusting toad Farage is all over the news and is actually at the conference.

This is Trumps GOP made in England.

2 hours ago, Ziggy Sobotka said:

Having a normal one in Manchester this week.

20231002_225123.thumb.jpg.177d00ee07a130ef6a5c9768c72ed09d.jpg20231002_230504.thumb.jpg.2c29b0fada368a90ab4e17a19bcb3db0.jpg

You have to say, it is very funny to see senior Labour figures scrambling to get the toothpaste back in the tube on this by arguing that antisemitism is in fact being weaponised and exaggerated by opponents for political gain.

Why on earth are Tories so against these so called 15 minute neighbourhoods and resorting to spreading conspiracy theories about being controlled? Andrew Bowie (I think) the latest chump to pedal nonsense.

I like the idea of having the majority of services I need within 15 minutes of me but I understand that there's nothing to stop me going further afield if I need to. What's not to like about that?

28 minutes ago, RiG said:

Why on earth are Tories so against these so called 15 minute neighbourhoods and resorting to spreading conspiracy theories about being controlled? Andrew Bowie (I think) the latest chump to pedal nonsense.

I like the idea of having the majority of services I need within 15 minutes of me but I understand that there's nothing to stop me going further afield if I need to. What's not to like about that?

They really have transcended into something beyond parody. Manufacturing arguments on imaginary proposals just to reinforce some kind of divide. It doesn't stand up to any form of scrutiny or sense, as we can see here from the hapless Bowie, yet on he plows. What a fuckin party of unscrupulous individuals. 

4 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Caught some of the Conservative* party conference earlier - fucking hell.....................

Susan Hall (London Mayoral candidate, batshit crazy) stoking racist flames by suggesting that Jews in London should be frightened of Muslim Sadiq Khan. 

Environment Sec Claire Coutinho lying about Keir Starmer wanting to introduce a "meat tax".  Sophy Ridge of Sky News was openly mocking her in the interview.

Transport secretary Mark Harper suggesting that Labour wants to put "cameras on every lamp post". Also said that Labour local councils want to "force people to have shopping slots in their 15 minute cities" and that the responsible conservatives are merely addressing peoples "real concerns" about this.

BBC R 4 rightly called him on this and suggested that they are spreading disinformation and conspiracy theories that dont actually exist because nobody actually has this as a policy.

And all of them continuing to deny that HS2 is dead.

*It seems clear that what was the Conservative party is now fatally fractured, there is horrific right wing which is basically the Brexit/Reform party (and into which the new incarnation of this party will almost certainly turn).

That perhaps explains why the disgusting toad Farage is all over the news and is actually at the conference.

This is Trumps GOP made in England.

None of these claims is a concern in itself or collectively.  What is a real concern, and I see you reference Trump, is that there is a sizeable proportion of the British electorate who will continue to vote Tory whatever is the economic and political climate.

27 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

They really have transcended into something beyond parody. Manufacturing arguments on imaginary proposals just to reinforce some kind of divide. It doesn't stand up to any form of scrutiny or sense, as we can see here from the hapless Bowie, yet on he plows. What a fuckin party of unscrupulous individuals. 

People: we don't believe the council can even empty our bins properly
Also people: the council are going to track all our movements, ration which shops we visit and limit us to a 15 minute radius from our homes!

19 hours ago, Leith Green said:

..........and yet, 30% of the voting public will still put an X in the tory box.

That's because millions of working class Nigels hate immigrants more than they love feeding their children.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

That's because millions of working class Nigels hate immigrants more than they love feeding their children.

Aided and abetted by Labour who refuse to offer a clear alternative to the Tory psychos.

4 hours ago, RiG said:

Ha. Looks like the mind control chips are working. You're vaccinated right?