The Caley v Ayr United

The thing about the 7-0 was that even though it was embarrassing from an Ayr perspective at least a) I got to attend it in person and b) tbh you can't help but feel you got your money's worth if you see seven goals regardless of who scored them. The contrast between that and listening to the radio as Ayr try and fail to shitfest their way to a 0-0 draw will be large.

I'll be toasting this inevitable return to the seaside with a bottle of some cheap Bailey's substitute.

4 hours ago, Hursty said:

A few cans of this would also be fitting as we head for the seaside leagues

Screenshot_20210429-151333_Google.jpg

3 hours ago, Thumper said:

The thing about the 7-0 was that even though it was embarrassing from an Ayr perspective at least a) I got to attend it in person and b) tbh you can't help but feel you got your money's worth if you see seven goals regardless of who scored them. The contrast between that and listening to the radio as Ayr try and fail to shitfest their way to a 0-0 draw will be large.

I'll be toasting this inevitable return to the seaside with a bottle of some cheap Bailey's substitute.

I must be the only one confident of getting at least a draw tomorrow! Even if we got beat I see no hope of Morton getting anything tomorrow night. I'm never confident so this doesnt sit easy for me, but sit back relax and look forward to another season of 0-0 bore draws in the championship 

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I must be the only one confident of getting at least a draw tomorrow! Even if we got beat I see no hope of Morton getting anything tomorrow night. I'm never confident so this doesnt sit easy for me, but sit back relax and look forward to another season of 0-0 bore draws in the championship 

I think we will get beat- but I also think Morton might as well so I'm not writing anything off.  Just can't see us scoring. 

Neil McCann has confirmed this is his last game with Robbo more than likely coming back to work over the summer.

I love Robbo and think he has done a brilliant job, considering the circumstances since he joined, but I don’t know how I feel about this. When you look at the difference is results, I’d never have said we would have went on this sort of run earlier in the season, and apparently the players have been incredibly impressed with the training since McCann and Dodds came in that it might have been a good choice to try and keep them on. 

8 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Neil McCann has confirmed this is his last game with Robbo more than likely coming back to work over the summer.

I love Robbo and think he has done a brilliant job, considering the circumstances since he joined, but I don’t know how I feel about this. When you look at the difference is results, I’d never have said we would have went on this sort of run earlier in the season, and apparently the players have been incredibly impressed with the training since McCann and Dodds came in that it might have been a good choice to try and keep them on. 

It seems your results really improved when Dodds came in. McCann had you in the bottom two till then did he not? 

57 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

It seems your results really improved when Dodds came in. McCann had you in the bottom two till then did he not? 

Our results also improved when McCann reverted to the style of play we had under Robbo and stopped his incessant "play out from the back at all costs" approach. There's no doubt that there was also an uplift when Dodds came in, and Todorov has praised his impact, but it shouldn't be overlooked how much better we were when we ditched our one dimensional approach which other teams had quickly sussed out.

1 hour ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Only due to the fact that we had played 3/4/5 games less than everyone else at that point.  The day we dropped to 9th I think 2 clubs had played 5 more than us, think it was Hearts and Dunfermline.

11 hours ago, PB1994 said:

If Robertson ever becomes available please send him to Tryfield Place, Ayr. Cheers.