The Famous Aberdeen - European Tour 2021/22

tarapoa

45 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

As many as we want unless the Aberdeen council decide they don't want our votes in the next election. They make the decision today and might get a wee bit of a backlash given that Glasgow council have already given the ugly sisters approval for full houses.

as it is currently a Conservative / Labour run council they wont be getting my vote even if they allow a 50,000 crowd and free pies

1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

I read somewhere that UEFA have rules that may mean restricted capacity, even if ACC endorse it.

Suspect we will need no more than 13/14K ish anyway.

I thought the enforced absence might have meant at least 16/17k.

Looking back to the good old days when crowds were allowed, we got 14,377, 15,167 and 15,246 in the 3 home games in 2019. Maybe you're right.

Just watched the first two goals from last night and kept my eye on Scott Brown. At the first he manages to disrupt two opposition players which helps Ramirez get so much space.

At the second, after the goal, he has a few words of advice for the opposition, which must sting a bit just after you have conceded.

Much as I disliked the guy at his previous club, I have to admit that, amongst other things, he brings a degree of 'streetwise' verging on nasty to the Dons, which I haven't seen for a long time and which  we have sadly missed.

Onwards and upwards.

Breidablik home confirmed at full 'operational capacity' - imagine that's around 17K with the UEFA restrictions.

No lateral flow tests mandated, photo ID still required, entry time slots, facemasks only required in the indoor sections - and a free for all in terms of seat allocation  i.e. STHs don't necessarily get their own seat.

Edited by tarapoa

4 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Breidablik home confirmed at full 'operational capacity' - imagine that's around 17K with the UEFA restrictions.

No lateral flow tests mandated, photo ID still required, entry time slots, facemasks only required in the indoor sections - and a free for all in terms of seat allocation  i.e. STHs don't necessarily get their own seat.

There'll be some shakkin' o' heids ower 'at, min.

11 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

At £30 a ticket for non season ticket holders, I imagine it won't trouble the capacity...very poor ticket pricing

10 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

At £30 a ticket for non season ticket holders, I imagine it won't trouble the capacity...very poor ticket pricing

That's madness - we are in the lead against an Icelandic club in a qualifier for the third tier comp.  

£30 is a psychological barrier for many - even £28 would have looked less ridiculous - but in the past, unless it's an established bigger name we're playing in these rounds, they tended to price around £15-20.

In a game where we should have been looking for max numbers, this could put some off.

12 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

That's madness - we are in the lead against an Icelandic club in a qualifier for the third tier comp.  

£30 is a psychological barrier for many - even £28 would have looked less ridiculous - but in the past, unless it's an established bigger name we're playing in these rounds, they tended to price around £15-20.

In a game where we should have been looking for max numbers, this could put some off.

I've been told it's all about attracting more season ticket holders but £30 for a Conference League qualification match against a minnow is embarrassing...imagine how much the group stage matches would be? 

It was £28 for non-season ticket holders against Hacken which I thought was too expensive but gave them the benefit of the doubt with the much reduced capacity.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

Ah, yes. 
He's wrong though of course. Apollon were the team that knocked us out a few years back, and are a bigger team and have a better European pedigree than AEL (although according to Google bothe squads are chock full of foreign players).
I suspect we'll be off to Baku though.  Quite a big name in Europe over the last 10 years, but actually their recent European record is pretty average....the last time they beat a 'big team' in Europe was probably FC Copenhagen, 4 years ago.  

Yes - I know they’re different and you probably needed to read some of the previous posts pointing out Rory Hamilton’s errors to get my rancid attempt at humour.

On the trouble there last night - it seems there’s a perception in the southern half of Cyprus that Azerbaijan is essentially just a part of Turkey with a different name.
A late goal presumably boiled some of the home fans’ pi$s enough for them to decide that attacking the opposing players was a good idea.

Tickets purchased. £28 for me and £21 for a geriatric (driver). Meh.

Instead of complaining, buy a season ticket imo...

Edit: South stand...almost our own seats.

Edited by Illgresi

Tickets purchased. £28 for me and £21 for a geriatric (driver). Meh.
Instead of complaining, buy a season ticket imo...

Edit: South stand...almost our own seats.

I have a ST - and agree it’s good that cup tickets to STHs are priced a good few quid cheaper.

The only complaint is the level the club have gone it at here - risk of getting 12/13k, when the normal early Euro pricing against clubs from low-ranked nations maybe means we get 16/17k - with the residual value of a chunk of 4K or so more people maybe buying programmes, food, visiting club shop etc

Maybe the novelty value of finally getting an almost capacity crowd in after so long means they’ll be proved right though in their pricing - and I hope that is the case.

After missing out for so long, and all the ‘ I would give anything to get back in Pittodrie’ type chat, hopefully everyone just sucks it up that it’s a few quid more and makes the effort.

The club has tried so hard, and gone way above to help the community this last year and a half, give it something back. 
If the club is too have any of the success that the fans really crave, it needs proper backing from them vocally and financially.

This season is as good a chance as any to actually make the group stages and a massive home crowd would make a difference.