Bo'ness United 2021/22

Deanburn Dave

3 hours ago, John S said:

You're talking about the official site! Clearly too early for me.

I know the website in fairness put out the info only when the i’s are dotted and T’s crossed for signings but where friendlies are concerned surely updates can be posted.

15 hours ago, yessiricanboogie said:

I don't know why. His main strength is his distribution. He would probably be better as a holding midfielder than a centre half 

Maybe you've answered your own question there.

Plenty of effort by the BU players yesterday. That was the main thing I wanted to see. Better passing, match fitness and running off the ball will come over time.

Once Max gets them playing a quick passing game they will be a good team to watch.

Yesterday, we saw something that we have not seen for a long time and that was legs full of running.  We had been an ageing side and could be cruelly exposed by young, faster outfits.  I think balance has been restored now and our older lads like Hunter & Gemmell will probably benefit from having guys round them to do the running.

The BU website has a list of the squad numbers for this season. 1 to 20.
They skipped unlucky number 13 and they left blank number 11.

I am guessing Danny Galbraith who wasn't listed in the squad will be number 11.

Biggest surprise to me was no squad number for Devon Jacobs. Has the wee man left the club ?

12 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Biggest surprise to me was no squad number for Devon Jacobs. Has the wee man left the club ?

Really hope this isnt the case. Dev is such a hard worker and great tackler. Maybe the new arrivals and less of a promise of game time has made him want to move on?

10 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Heard from a reliable source that DJ had “semi retired”

1 hour ago, boheesian said:

Likewise. Still got a season or 2 more in him.

Would’ve thought more than that? Maybe 5 or 6 years or more? I’m pretty sure Devon’s only about 30…

Wonder if a niggling injury or a change in work circumstances has prompted this.

A wee man but a big loss if he’s away. Had a couple of superb seasons for us in recent years.

5 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Would’ve thought more than that? Maybe 5 or 6 years or more? I’m pretty sure Devon’s only about 30…

Wonder if a niggling injury or a change in work circumstances has prompted this.

A wee man but a big loss if he’s away. Had a couple of superb seasons for us in recent years.

He is 30. Still has a year left on his contract so probably won’t be going anywhere. Heard he had joined the fire brigade so probably shifts might get in the way. 

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Sorted out my tickets for Linlithgow Rose v the BU's on FanBase as well.

Photos taken at recent games show the locals are really struggling with social distancing up there so masks on and a bath filled with sanitiser might be worth considering before and after the match.

C0756AC8-5F24-431B-8A36-98E881B1A725.jpeg