Time to go Steve Clarke

Old Bing

When Clarke came in I think number one mission was to make us harder to beat. I think he's done this. But we have to be looking for more now from this group of players. On paper we have players from Man utd, chelsea, liverpool, Arsenal, Aston Villa, Rangers, Celtic etc. We have a good squad of players, they just need the reigns taken off now in my opinion. He should rightly get the rest of this campaign but anything less than second I think is a failure from this group

7 hours ago, Elgin Macca said:

When Clarke came in I think number one mission was to make us harder to beat. I think he's done this. But we have to be looking for more now from this group of players. On paper we have players from Man utd, chelsea, liverpool, Arsenal, Aston Villa, Rangers, Celtic etc. We have a good squad of players, they just need the reigns taken off now in my opinion. He should rightly get the rest of this campaign but anything less than second I think is a failure from this group

Yeah, that's all fine and good but Austria and Denmark have players playing at a high level also and it wouldn't be hard to argue both those nations have a equal if not better pool of players to us to choose from than Scotland. I don't think third would be a disgrace, but I think 2nd is also realistic. 1st? not for me, not yet anyway.

8 hours ago, 2426255 said:

Yeah, that's all fine and good but Austria and Denmark have players playing at a high level also and it wouldn't be hard to argue both those nations have a equal if not better pool of players to us to choose from than Scotland. I don't think third would be a disgrace, but I think 2nd is also realistic. 1st? not for me, not yet anyway.

Failure was probably the wrong word I used there. I would just be very disappointed if we weren't at least challenging for 2nd spot come the last round of games. I agree that 1st is a very tough ask. I can see Denmark running away with it, top side. But I believe We have more than enough in our squad just now to compete with Austria, Israel etc if we have a bit more of a go

We just have to keep pace with Austria, I'm sure some daftys will lose the plot if we lose away in Denmark - our result versus Austria is crucial. I'd take a draw in Vienna and a defeat in Copenhagen right now. I'd rather we beat Austria and drew with Moldova instead of beating Moldova and drawing with Austria.

Edited by 2426255

16 hours ago, Elgin Macca said:

Exactly Clarke has done an ok job. But its a big jump from making us harder to beat to a team who can beat teams around our level. People are getting overly emotional in defending clarke and losing objectivity. Suddenly its ok to lose every game.

Im hoping he can turn things around, but defeat to Denmark and Austria and the groups over. The pressure would really be on for him to go.

1 hour ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Exactly Clarke has done an ok job. But its a big jump from making us harder to beat to a team who can beat teams around our level. People are getting overly emotional in defending clarke and losing objectivity. Suddenly its ok to lose every game.

Im hoping he can turn things around, but defeat to Denmark and Austria and the groups over. The pressure would really be on for him to go.

What? 🤭 No one ever said it's okay to lose every game and Steve Clarke hasn't done that. The pressure would only come from some demanding sections of the fanbase and media who choose to focus on the negatives, overlook the positives. We are at a point where we are trying to make a breakthrough from 3rd rate National team to a 2nd rate National Team and beat teams above our level so we are obviously going to hit some hurdles and plateau. We are going in the right direction even if it isn't fast enough for some people.  

Edited by 2426255

1 hour ago, 2426255 said:

What? 🤭 No one ever said it's okay to lose every game and Steve Clarke hasn't done that. The pressure would only come from some demanding sections of the fanbase and media who choose to focus on the negatives, overlook the positives. We are at a point where we are trying to make a breakthrough from 3rd rate National team to a 2nd rate National Team and beat teams above our level so we are obviously going to hit some hurdles and plateau. We are going in the right direction even if it isn't fast enough for some people.  

For a guy who wants the thread closed, you aren't half posting on it alot 🤣

13 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Your keeping the thread ticking along nicely 👌 keep it up

Why is it pleasing to you to have the thread you created tick along nicely? Does it make you feel important? 🤔

Edited by 2426255

Austria are pish, we're finishin second and Stevie boy has the job as long as he wants it.

They are pish.
We still couldn’t beat them at Hampden of course, which is part of the reason for this thread.

On 13/08/2021 at 23:35, Lex said:

They are pish.
We still couldn’t beat them at Hampden of course, which is part of the reason for this thread.

Hopefully we can right that shortly, otherwise the pressure is really on the manager.