Time to go Steve Clarke

Old Bing

It's probably only bizarre because you don't have all the information regarding the circumstances. This has been touted since before the Euros started and could have been finalized in principle a while ago and just released publicly today.

@2426255 I've got you on ignore so im not sure what your saying. I see you post every time I post tho. Why don't you PM me and talk about your feelings rather than spam every thread. Im sure people are sick of it. 

Theres no point replying to me on any thread.

Edited by BingMcCrosby

I'm not spamming every thread, just stating my opinion. If you were being serious you would have messaged me privately rather than make that post public. I'm sure you just want me banned.

Edited by 2426255

Just now, LiviLion said:

Tagging someone to tell them you have them on ignore is completely normal behaviour. 

Im not interested in a tit for tat, hes obsessed with me and posts the same regurgitated stuff after every post has done for wks. Im purely trying to get him to stop spamming threads.

I'm not spamming threads, that's just your opinion. Most of my posts are fair and don't break the rules. If you have a problem then maybe you should report it to a moderator and we can all have a nice wee chat. You're just trying to get me to stop posting in your most precious of precious threads where you now have no right of reply. Stop being a bully and if you're going to ignore me then that's fine mate then actually ignore me.

Edited by 2426255

Despite not being entirely convinced by our performances - although I thought we did surprisingly well at the Euros, considering how mediocre we looked in the years prior - I'm by no means on the "get Clarke sacked" bandwagon. However, this is a really odd move by the SFA. Unless we somehow skooshed the rest of this group, which would be a huge surprise, it's hard to imagine anyone coming in for Clarke before his contract ran out. It seems much more likely now that we end up a distant third and entering the Euro 2024 qualifiers with a manager under huge pressure.

Hopefully the SFA have got it right for once, but I think we all know it'll be from luck rather than good judgement.

5 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

@2426255 I've got you on ignore so im not sure what your saying. I see you post every time I post tho. Why don't you PM me and talk about your feelings rather than spam every thread. Im sure people are sick of it. 

Theres no point replying to me on any thread.

Keep it on topic remember. Your words.

4 hours ago, BFTD said:

Despite not being entirely convinced by our performances - although I thought we did surprisingly well at the Euros, considering how mediocre we looked in the years prior - I'm by no means on the "get Clarke sacked" bandwagon. However, this is a really odd move by the SFA. Unless we somehow skooshed the rest of this group, which would be a huge surprise, it's hard to imagine anyone coming in for Clarke before his contract ran out. It seems much more likely now that we end up a distant third and entering the Euro 2024 qualifiers with a manager under huge pressure.

Hopefully the SFA have got it right for once, but I think we all know it'll be from luck rather than good judgement.

Agree, he certainly deserves to see out his current contract, but this is strange timing and feels a bit premature.

On 25/08/2021 at 00:10, PauloPerth said:

Agree, he certainly deserves to see out his current contract, but this is strange timing and feels a bit premature.

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to give him 2 more campaigns considering he just got us to the Euros.

2 hours ago, RobbieD said:

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to give him 2 more campaigns considering he just got us to the Euros.

That does sound good, but it's how we got there that gives cause for concern. I'd say our performances have improved since he took over, but the jury's still out on whether he can make us capable of winning out over first/second seeded teams, and that has to be the benchmark.

Best of luck to him, but I've a horrible feeling that he could end up being paid off after being well off the pace in this group, and after a poor start in the Euros. Hopefully I'm wrong.

2 hours ago, RobbieD said:

With McLeish getting a huge assist.

Not in the Clarke out camp, we need to build momentum up again though as we were all deflated after the Euros..

The World Cup is harder to qualify for than the Euros and we have been given a reasonable group compared to what it could have been, what counts as success and failure? Play-offs minimum for success and finishing 3rd or below is a failure? 

55 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

With McLeish getting a huge assist.

Not in the Clarke out camp, we need to build momentum up again though as we were all deflated after the Euros..

The World Cup is harder to qualify for than the Euros and we have been given a reasonable group compared to what it could have been, what counts as success and failure? Play-offs minimum for success and finishing 3rd or below is a failure? 

It comes down to the performances, for me. If we put up a good show against the Danes but end up with no points, give the Austrians a scare but only end up with a point, and pick up maximum points from our remaining games, then you can argue there's progress being made. If the Danes hold us at arms length and we're never at the races in Austria, that's a problem, before you even get to the other games.

I'm optimistic, but it would still be quite an achievement to finish second, considering our traditional problems with consistency.

Yep, that's part of the equation here.

• We are a pot 3 side attempting to usurp a pot 2 side and reach a World Cup Playoff place.
  • We are a pot 3 side attempting to become a pot 2 side.
  • We were a pot 4 side who qualified through the Nations league playoffs and finished according to our seeding at Euro 2020.
  • We recently progressed from a League C nation to become a League B nation.
  • So the tangible progress is us improving our Nations League position, reaching the European Championships.
  • Our current goal is to reach a World Cup Play off place which we are in a good position to do. 

Just to put in context what Steve Clarke and the National Team are trying to do. This isn't an overnight kind of thing and it might have a few bumps in the road but is it really worth gambling on a new manager by tearing it all down and starting over.