English Premier League 2021/22 Season

6 minutes ago, ahemps said:

Yeah, just heard on talk sport Man Utd fans saying they still don't think they will win the league, it was then put to them if Conte was their manager would they feel different......they all said yes.

talksport ? so the english superscoreboard ?  

Don't really know much about this Ronaldo guy. Is he any good?

Seen a few of his games at united, juve, madrid. No bad wee player with potential. Really good in the air and good with both feet. Free kicks are a bit suspect though, think the last stat i had seen was 2 in 68, so not good. But could bring united a few goals.

9 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Tbf to him he’s clearly a massive Utd fan - he’s have been one of them that was outraged when Ronaldo engineered his move to Madrid and said he was a ‘slave’ to Man Utd 😂.

fan ? no i just watch several different league and i'm a bit puzzled by the jealously the average fan from a diddy team from scotland has towards the best league in the world.

46 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

baulked at the ridiculous transfer fee ? they spend £100 million on the most overrated player england have had for quite sometime, add to that, he was a player they didnt need, if they kept their dick in their pants a little longer they'd have got their main target

Your contribution to the forum is extremely poor - please improve your LQO (Low Quality Output).

fan ? no i just watch several different league and i'm a bit puzzled by the jealously the average fan from a diddy team from scotland has towards the best league in the world.

In what way is it the best? It's certainly a league full of talented sides and players but the amount of painfully boring games that are on show kind of rules it out for me.

They seem to have an absolute classic every so often and the usual shite of "this is why this is the best league in the world!?!!!*:£!" is slevvered out by their media and brainwashed EPL fanboys. But the reality is that more often than not their massively overhyped games are complete snoozefests. If that's what you regard as the best football you can watch them fair enough, I can't tell you what you should regard as entertainment. But for me personally I'd watch a diddy league team going at it with another diddy side every single day of the week rather than a high quality, limited action match.

3 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Add to that that Martial is pish, he's the obvious choice.

I think he's excellent but he needs to be played in the right shape, and he's maybe not quite league winning material. I'm not sure he's much behind Gabriel Jesus though, if at all.

3 hours ago, quickoverayard said:

Greenwood could be the one to suffer in this! He should go out and find regular first team football for the duration of this season to an Everton, West Ham etc

Think he has a big future

If Ferguson were in charge they'd be building the team around Greenwood, Sancho and Rashford, with Cavani playing the Larsson role of providing experience and Martial allowing rotation. Greenwood could go all the way in the game.

I'm very sceptical that Ronaldo will be good for the development of the team, he's a greedy b*****d who is more interested in breaking goalscoring records than winning bread-and-butter league matches. If all they needed was someone to convert chances - like when they signed Van Persie - then it would be an inspired signing. Man City needed that kind of player so it made sense for them to chase him. But I think it'll unbalance Man Utd, and be especially detrimental for Rashford.

If Ferguson were in charge they'd be building the team around Greenwood, Sancho and Rashford, with Cavani playing the Larsson role of providing experience and Martial allowing rotation. Greenwood could go all the way in the game.
I'm very sceptical that Ronaldo will be good for the development of the team, he's a greedy b*****d who is more interested in breaking goalscoring records than winning bread-and-butter league matches. If all they needed was someone to convert chances - like when they signed Van Persie - then it would be an inspired signing. Man City needed that kind of player so it made sense for them to chase him. But I think it'll unbalance Man Utd, and be especially detrimental for Rashford.

You only break records by scoring goals in the bread and butter games, and also the big games. There is literally no-one on this planet you’d want more than Ronaldo to do that.

Just now, SweeperDee said:

You only break records by scoring goals in the bread and butter games, and also the big games. There is literally no-one on this planet you’d want more than Ronaldo to do that.

This is what I like to call the Viduka Problem.

A guy that gets 30 goals a season could be costing you 10 goals a season through shooting or getting tackled every time he gets the ball. And it costs you points because yer man will score the only goal in a 1-1 draw that could have been a 2-1 win, or he'll cost so much possession through failing to pass or press that you concede goals you would have avoided.

Lots of teams have found this out the hard way.