English Premier League 2021/22 Season

43 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

funny you should say that, i heard that fella from that Ferguslie Star video that's doing the rounds on the radio yesterday, telling the listeners about how a stray dog denied him a goal, the presenter then asked him a question about the team he followed thinking he's a Rangers or Celtic reply, ''Liverpool'' was the reply, ''on i have no interest in the scottish leagues, i was down at the burnley game and i'll be down for the chelsea match at the weekend''....''oh so a proper fan'' the presenter replied

P&B popped into my head at that moment, and i thought, the supporters of all the diddy teams on here would have a fit if they heard this guy.

I’m not sure where you are from mate and you can choose to support who you want. I just find it strange that so many people don’t support their local teens.

The guy you talk about sounds like a glory hunter though - it’s convenient that somebody from Paisley just happened to decide to support Liverpool 😂.

6 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’m not sure where you are from mate and you can choose to support who you want. I just find it strange that so many people don’t support their local teens.

The guy you talk about sounds like a glory hunter though - it’s convenient that somebody from Paisley just happened to decide to support Liverpool 😂.

Dick Wolf Police GIF by Wolf Entertainment

15 hours ago, quickoverayard said:

You’re honestly rating an overweight injury prone Luke shaw over Robertson and Tierney??

On the basis of him having one good year…. He was practically out on his arse, that’s why they signed Telles and he’s woeful!!!

Wut.

1 hour ago, Meldrew said:

they play in 2 different positions, Sancho scored 38 goals in his whole Dortmund career, Ronald scored 36 goal last season

Yeah, Sancho starts wider and cuts in while Ronaldo only plays where he can score. Lukaku would be a better comparison, especially as they were in the same league.

Ronaldo scored 4 more goals than Lukaku in Serie A - 29 against 25. But Lukaku had 11 assists and Ronaldo had just 2. Inter scored 12 more league goals than Juventus.

14 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Yeah, Sancho starts wider and cuts in while Ronaldo only plays where he can score. Lukaku would be a better comparison, especially as they were in the same league.

Ronaldo scored 4 more goals than Lukaku in Serie A - 29 against 25. But Lukaku had 11 assists and Ronaldo had just 2. Inter scored 12 more league goals than Juventus.

Yeah. Had this discussion with my brother in law yesterday. Lukaku is a far better signing if you want to win things over the course of a few years.

Ronaldo will be a massive commercial success though.

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

Yeah. Had this discussion with my brother in law yesterday. Lukaku is a far better signing if you want to win things over the course of a few years.

Ronaldo will be a massive commercial success though.

Oh yeah, I was only talking about what happens on the pitch - Ronaldo's signing will probably pay for itself. It's a great bit of business and Man Utd particularly need it as they're at risk of losing their dominant position over Man City, Chelsea etc in parts of the world. Those official ramen noodle partnerships won't sell themselves.

I'm not saying Ronaldo will be bad signing btw and he's obviously much less expensive than anyone else that will score regularly. I just don't think he's a great fit for Man Utd right now.

Just now, GordonS said:

Oh yeah, I was only talking about what happens on the pitch - Ronaldo's signing will probably pay for itself. It's a great bit of business and Man Utd particularly need it as they're at risk of losing their dominant position over Man City, Chelsea etc in parts of the world. Those official ramen noodle partnerships won't sell themselves.

I'm not saying Ronaldo will be bad signing btw and he's obviously much less expensive than anyone else that will score regularly. I just don't think he's a great fit for Man Utd right now.

I'm on the register...with Man Utd because I bought tickets a few times on line. I got an text earlier yesterday, the usual message about buying stuff. Afterwards I got another apologising for the website crashing. I'm guessing traffic has been quite high.

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Aye. I've had mates lifted and charged for fighting when pished on a Saturday night.

Having to cover their faces coming out of court so their work don't see them in the paper.

I've worked with a guy who was charged with nearly £900k in drugs. It took nine months before the work found out. As in, he had to go to court. 

@Meldrew said its not a good look on City. How would City have known - the only way they could 100% have known is if the rest of us knew.