Jump to content

Kilwinning Rangers 24/25


Recommended Posts

On 22/10/2022 at 22:27, Thejackdaw said:

Attended the game today as a neutral,  the net had no relevance In the game in terms of the outcome as forfar in my opinion were just that bit better and more silky than the buffs , if anything it's incompetence from the buffs and the officials fir not checking it before the game started,  the big thing for me was the lack of a crowd and atmosphere today

 

   I thought after the cumnock crowd last night that as a huge town that the buffs would have had loads of the town out In support Today and maybe pushing on 2,000 ,I would guess that crowd today would be 600 if lucky  .

No incompetence at all.  The ground staff and refs checked the nets before KO and they were fine. Broken clips/materials couldn't be helped. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Good run out for Buffs today against a Bellshill side that never gave up. The highlight of the day a comprehensive hattrick from Dylan Mackin.

Good to note that Bellshill are making strides on and off the park after nearly going out of business a few short years ago. Plenty advertising sponsorship around the park and building work going on. Best of luck to them for the future.

Talbot at Buffs Park on Wednesday night up next followed by a trip to Barrhead to face Arthurlie in the West next Saturday.

FB_IMG_1667669664995.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A tough one to take tonight.

Mr Haswell had his usual mare in his home town officiating a Buffs game. Why he gets to referee Buffs games I'll never know. A free kick that never was and a penalty that never was had the game over almost as soon as it had started. 3 late goals put a gloss on the scoreline for Talbot and not a fair reflection on the game.

Talbot have the ability to destroy teams, they don't need a two goal start from any referee.

On to Saturday for Buffs and a chance to get going again in the WoS Cup V Arthurlie in Barrhead.

FB_IMG_1668034282411.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A tough one to take tonight.
Mr Haswell had his usual mare in his home town officiating a Buffs game. Why he gets to referee Buffs games I'll never know. A free kick that never was and a penalty that never was had the game over almost as soon as it had started. 3 late goals put a gloss on the scoreline for Talbot and not a fair reflection on the game.
Talbot have the ability to destroy teams, they don't need a two goal start from any referee.
On to Saturday for Buffs and a chance to get going again in the WoS Cup V Arthurlie in Barrhead.
FB_IMG_1668034282411.thumb.jpg.4599f767063a8c83aea15f1f429ca021.jpg
6nil and but its should have been 1nil [emoji1787]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

First we didn't deserve anything out of this game talbot were a class above us tonight . The free kick I didn't think it was but can't take anything away from Mick good strike and we are down 1.0 the penalty I thought was one so no complaints from me. In the second half I thought we showed a bit more urgency to get the ball forward and had 2 decent chances one which produced a good save from the Talbot keeper when we lost the 3rd it was over as a contest and while you chase a game like we did you leave yourself open and talbot took advantage of it and scored another 3  goals in the last ten minutes . This was our second test this season against a team who is going to be challenging for the league and as a team we have failed miserably and tells me and other buffs fans we are not good enough get to mount a serious challenge this season.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

A tough one to take tonight.

Mr Haswell had his usual mare in his home town officiating a Buffs game. Why he gets to referee Buffs games I'll never know. A free kick that never was and a penalty that never was had the game over almost as soon as it had started. 3 late goals put a gloss on the scoreline for Talbot and not a fair reflection on the game.

Talbot have the ability to destroy teams, they don't need a two goal start from any referee.

On to Saturday for Buffs and a chance to get going again in the WoS Cup V Arthurlie in Barrhead.

FB_IMG_1668034282411.jpg

Magic Mushies my pal!!

Totally skelpt.

Buffs nae wur near it. Talbot streets aheed. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, akc16 said:

Sacking Strain was a huge mistake. Gone backwards this year

He's doing well enough at Beith it seems even though the games I've seen they've been bang average. 

I expected more from Kilwinning this season given the backing for the manager to bring in players etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Buffs have two midfielders playing central defence. We don't seem to have a centre back of note. That's maybe okay against the weaker teams, but against the top teams we are always going to get found out. Solid foundations from the back, absolutely essential in the premier league.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, akc16 said:

Sacking Strain was a huge mistake. Gone backwards this year

Gormley has brought in a full team of players. Of the starting line up only Collins and Woods were here last season. It's only now that team selection has settled down. I think we are lacking a wee bit of quality. There's plenty of hard work and effort in the team, lacking a bit of quality at times.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As the shoreline suggests this was an easy win for Talbot. Buffs played the wrong team - nowhere near competitive enough in the middle of the park. We played in the wrong manner - way too much playing out from the back on a windy, wet night. Talbots first 2 goals came from exactly this - desperate lunges to try and regain possession in and around our own box resulting in a free kick and a penalty for Talbot. To compound matters Buffs - players and management team threw their toys out the pram midway through the first half and never really recovered. Lastly with the game over at 3-0 we emptied our defence in a desperate attempt to get a consolation goal and instead shipped three more.

The new management team have got a lot right this season. We’ve brought in some really good players and we play attractive football. However against teams like Talbot you need to compete in the middle of the park and give them no encouragement. You also need to cope better with adversity.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

Gormley has brought in a full team of players. Of the starting line up only Collins and Woods were here last season. It's only now that team selection has settled down. I think we are lacking a wee bit of quality. There's plenty of hard work and effort in the team, lacking a bit of quality at times.

Of course it will take time and last night was a bit of a lesson . I expected more from the Buffs and have to say all in I think based on last night you may struggle . Talbot  fitter had more desire and ultimately more ability all over the pitch and especially from the bench . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Firepit said:

Of course it will take time and last night was a bit of a lesson . I expected more from the Buffs and have to say all in I think based on last night you may struggle . Talbot  fitter had more desire and ultimately more ability all over the pitch and especially from the bench . 

Sloan replaces a couple of players every season. There's a level of consistency there. Having said that, there's a few on this board giving him pelters this season.

I'm not sure we'll struggle, but we won't be competing at the top end. Pretty much a season of consolidation for us, which isn't great for the supporters who aren't turning out in numbers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Park the Buffs said:

As the shoreline suggests this was an easy win for Talbot. Buffs played the wrong team - nowhere near competitive enough in the middle of the park. We played in the wrong manner - way too much playing out from the back on a windy, wet night. Talbots first 2 goals came from exactly this - desperate lunges to try and regain possession in and around our own box resulting in a free kick and a penalty for Talbot. To compound matters Buffs - players and management team threw their toys out the pram midway through the first half and never really recovered. Lastly with the game over at 3-0 we emptied our defence in a desperate attempt to get a consolation goal and instead shipped three more.

The new management team have got a lot right this season. We’ve brought in some really good players and we play attractive football. However against teams like Talbot you need to compete in the middle of the park and give them no encouragement. You also need to cope better with adversity.

 

We aren't competitive in the middle of the park because we've a 39 year old in there who doesn't look 100% fit,  other experienced centre mids forced to play centre back because we are short in there. 

We had Jordan Stuart and Ben Lewis on the bench, both are competitive in the middle, creative and carry a goal threat. One of our best players, Gavin Millar was left on the bench too, he has the ability to stretch teams and create things.

As you say, the management team seem to really want to do well for the club and have done some good things. Looks like a period of consolidation beckons, mid league looks our place this year. At a time when we need numbers through the gates, it's going to be a tough few months ahead.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The balance of the team is all over the place!!

2 central midfielders at centre half, a right back playing left back, a centre half in midfield along with another 3 central midfielders

No width, no creativity & 1 ball puts "defence" bang in trouble 

Seems to be if you're signed this season you're automatically better than what was already in place & so far I can't say I've seen that

In for a long hard slog this season & be lucky to stay away from relegation places 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...