Jump to content

Kilwinning Rangers 24/25


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Ruffs n tuffs said:

Kelly has came on board with no idea it got touted on a message to players and commitee his achievements 1 being finishing 4th in the 2nd division the other I heard was he was all for pathways and bringing through you but yet 2 season ago rossvale 20s folded so wot pathway was he working with.

 

He has no expierience working with a budget which is just as well now coz when the sports club get what the buffs owe them and it's in 10s of thousands there won't be any left.

Since the move from Abbey park the kids of the kilwinning pathway have paid dues to keep KSC in the black the buffs have paid the middle of a doughnut and yet the kids can't play a semi final or big game on the big pitch.

This Kelly might hit the ground running but the club is on a downward spirall by complete mis management of the comitee who at best couldn't put a nut in a monkeys mouth

If any of this is true, why seek to damage the club by airing it on a public forum?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Ruffs n tuffs said:

I don't know chris on a personal level at all so you couldn't call that anymore wrong.

That's not sour grapes thats fact a big man known well in the town asked the question on club finances at the monday meeting  and no reply to him and it's no secret at KSC the money owed to them from the buffs as for players leaving I haven't seen any announced so not sure about that.

Why would the Buffs owe KSC money? Buffs are a member of KSC, nothing more.

KSC was in turmoil before the Buffs moved there, then seemed to settle down a bit. There was always a risk when moving to KSC that the Buffs were exposed and if relationships soured then it had a potential to cause problems. Is that what you are suggesting?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

If any of this is true, why seek to damage the club by airing it on a public forum?

It's all true I'm afraid why would it damage the club I'm sure it will all be transparent at the AGM when the club accounts are revealed or should be 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, funky monkey said:

Why would the Buffs owe KSC money? Buffs are a member of KSC, nothing more.

KSC was in turmoil before the Buffs moved there, then seemed to settle down a bit. There was always a risk when moving to KSC that the Buffs were exposed and if relationships soured then it had a potential to cause problems. Is that what you are suggesting?

All member clubs pay a subscription for use per player in the case of youth teams standing order from parent or guardian straight to the club in the buffs case there has been little to nothing paid since the move leaving a mountain of debt to KSC.

 

It's the youth teams who have pulled KSC out a hole certainly no the buffs.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Ruffs n tuffs said:

It's all true I'm afraid why would it damage the club I'm sure it will all be transparent at the AGM when the club accounts are revealed or should be 

The AGM isn't a public meeting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Ruffs n tuffs said:

All member clubs pay a subscription for use per player in the case of youth teams standing order from parent or guardian straight to the club in the buffs case there has been little to nothing paid since the move leaving a mountain of debt to KSC.

 

It's the youth teams who have pulled KSC out a hole certainly no the buffs.

 

Are you really suggesting that the Buffs pay a per player rate to KSC?

Even if that is the case, how would it result in a mountain of debt?

I suspect that you've got your own agenda with this.

BTW, I'm not trying to suggest that Buffs are awash with money, like most clubs sometimes we'll have money, other times we won't. Clearly we are not in a high point in the club's history and will need to deal with that accordingly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Crfc1990 said:

Some folk on here just to stir the pot instead of moving on under a new gaffer or is it just sour grapes from some ruffs n tuffs .

That's what it looks like to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, funky monkey said:

Are you really suggesting that the Buffs pay a per player rate to KSC?

Even if that is the case, how would it result in a mountain of debt?

I suspect that you've got your own agenda with this.

BTW, I'm not trying to suggest that Buffs are awash with money, like most clubs sometimes we'll have money, other times we won't. Clearly we are not in a high point in the club's history and will need to deal with that accordingly.

That's exactly what happens  with first and development team im sure if you asked the ? They would tell you this it's mounted up since the move from old Abbey park into thousands 

Edited by Ruffs n tuffs
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Ruffs n tuffs said:

Neither just facts

This looks like the same person that on social media claimed the club would be changing colours and commented on the new gaffers believes heres me thinking we live in 2024 not the 1690s 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Crfc1990 said:

This looks like the same person that on social media claimed the club would be changing colours and commented on the new gaffers believes heres me thinking we live in 2024 not the 1690s 

Certainly not the new managers beliefs don't bother me 1 bit 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

What are the new manager's beliefs that don't you?

One of old management team had a public outburst on twitter or facebook about the new manager being a celtic fan. I was sent it myself as i'm a well known celtic and buffs fan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, coistysgoldenboots said:

I don’t think it takes a genius to see the Buffs are in a spot of trouble on and off the park - to argue otherwise is just daft.

ive already said I hope Kelly does well but in all honesty its not an appointment they would even have considered a few years ago. 

The buzzword at the club right now seems to be pathway. It’s something we’ve heard aired on and off over the last few years which suggests to me there is no clear direction behind the scenes. 

Gormley came in and despite chat about pathways he was allowed to sign a host of players closer to 40 than 30. 
 

Aitken’s own signings were  in the mould of Boylan and Boyd - guys in or entering the latter stages of their career.

The strategy seems to be mish mash at best. Now we’re back to beating the pathway drum.

i think Buffs fans have to brace themselves for another long hard season tbh. 


 

 

To say they are beating the pathway drum now is not quite facts.. last season Sam Duncan, Josh London, Jack McMahon and latterly Campbell McLean all stepped up to the first team through the 20s! Four players is a decent return from their pathway and not many clubs do that . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Fabi said:

To say they are beating the pathway drum now is not quite facts.. last season Sam Duncan, Josh London, Jack McMahon and latterly Campbell McLean all stepped up to the first team through the 20s! Four players is a decent return from their pathway and not many clubs do that . 

They are beating the drum now as opposed to previous new reigns.

Circumstances (ie poor budget) are now dictating that the pathway is the priority. I could be wrong but I think injuries meant those players you mention were given their chance. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, coistysgoldenboots said:

They are beating the drum now as opposed to previous new reigns.

Circumstances (ie poor budget) are now dictating that the pathway is the priority. I could be wrong but I think injuries meant those players you mention were given their chance. 

 

The pathway has constantly been mentioned since before we relocated to KSC. It was the primary reason for the parting of the ways with Chris Strain who understood the pressures at WoSFL Premier Level and refused to commit young players to the demands of men's football before they were ready.

 

In some ways the youngsters introduced to the first team last season were enforced due to injuries, not quite ready to nail down a regular place. However, Mark McLuckie, only 20/21, went on to become our player of the season, not pathway granted, but goes to show if you are good enough, you are old enough.

Edited by funky monkey
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...