St Johnstone vs Motherwell, Sunday 8 August, 2021

Read someone else say it but I'll parrot it again, last night's game was probably ideal for us in the sense that St Johnstone had to do a lot of work off the ball so will hopefully be tired whilst also having enough of a chance to go through that they might take their eye off the ball a wee bit.

16 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

That’s a joke. How much was it last season? I think I’ll just listen to it on the radio.

It was the exact same last season, and the reasoning was the exact same.

£17.50 is the lowest price we can sell it for without undercutting what season ticket holders are paying per home game. No idea how you can charge your most loyal fans £17 a home game for a season ticket, and then sell entry to home games for less tbh, just doesn't sit right.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

£17.50 is the lowest price we can sell it for without undercutting what season ticket holders are paying per home game. No idea how you can charge your most loyal fans £17 a home game for a season ticket, and then sell entry to home games for less tbh, just doesn't sit right.

TBF Motherwell are so rich they give away season tickets for free.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Absolute bargain price to see the reserves of a cup double-winning, European giant-drawing-with team IMO. 

For the record I also paid the PPV for every single opponent* last year, most of them more than once. Could have got a stream but figured that I'd have spent a hell of a lot more actually going to the away games and it seemed like the 'right thing to do'. 

Edit - case in point and I know it's not the same 'product', but I've just paid £50 for 2 adult and one concession for Arbroath next week.  Add in fuel, pies etc and it's a £75 quid, plus time. Even at full price, streaming is an absolute steal comparatively even at Livingston prices. 

* with one obvious exception as I wouldn't have gone to Ibrox anyway

Edited by Valentino Bolognese

39 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Watching a game on a laptop is a vastly inferior way of watching a game - so not sure why there has to be any equivalence to season ticket holders who are there in person.

I'll happily pay whatever to be at a game (and I've rarely missed a game at McDiarmid over the years regardless when it's been one of the more expensive at times) - but £17.50 trips my "not worth it" switch when faced with a stream (which to be fair I'm heartily fucking sick of in general after last season).

Edited by Swello

Just now, Swello said:

Watching a game on a laptop is a vastly inferior way of watching a game - so not sure why there has to be any equivalence to season ticket holders who are there in person.

I'll happily pay whatever to be at a game (and I've rarely missed a game at McDiarmid over the years regardless when it's been one of the more expensive at times) - but £17.50 trips my "not worth it" switch when faced with a stream (which to be fair I'm heartily fucking sick of in general after last season).

Yeah nobody cares m8, I was just stating why that's the price.

Shocking price. £10-12 is the bracket all clubs should be charging. It's hardly Sky multi camera coverage and the streaming costs surely aren't overtly high.
Hesgoal and IPTV are your friends.

You have to pay premium prices to watch quality teams.

41 minutes ago, Swello said:

Buy a smart tv you mink.

34 minutes ago, Swello said:

Agree with your point in general about watching online, it's shite, and I'm same as you in that I've had more than my fill of it.

But last season the club desperately needed folk to sign up for season tickets to watch the club online, and where would be the incentive if you could get If for cheaper by paying weekly, which also gave you the opportunity to not bother at all if it turned into a shite season?

Agree, £17.50 is too much, but St Johnstone have done the right thing here in looking out for their core support first and foremost.

Hopefully when we're all allowed back in the price drops to £10 or £12 or whatever for folk who want to watch online.

42 minutes ago, akuram said:

You have to pay premium prices to watch quality teams.

From that point of view, to be fair, Saints have been pretty box office this past while, and with big KVV bringing a bit of the big time to town for us, I've reconsidered and £17.50 is actually a fucking bargain.

Still not paying it though.

22 hours ago, Swello said:

Having a look at the St Mirren game on Hesgoal, it is watchable 

On 06/08/2021 at 13:33, RandomGuy. said:

In all seriousness, think this is a good chance to get more minutes into legs.

No idea how players are in terms of fitness etc., but think...

Clark

Brown - Kerr - Gordon - McCart - Booth

McCann - Craig - Ballantyne 

Middleton - May

Would do me tbh. Booth, Craig, and May get at least an hour ahead of Thursday, while Davidson and Kane get to rest their legs after last night. If Middleton isn't in/ready, and Vertainen isn't in/ready, then Hendry comes in there and it's a more traditional two.

Ballantyne feels the most natural replacement for Wotherspoon, to me.

I would start with my strongest team today and Thursday. They all fit enough and it is early in the season. We can rest players next week against Arbroath. Let's make sure we win this one.. 

Today is an utter irrelevance of a game in the grand scheme of things. Three points or no points, today isn't going to dicate how our league season pans out. 

The reason we had a good season last year is because the manager didn't shit his pants when we didn't get results in August and September.

Importance of games over the next week is Galatasaray, Arbroath and then this. 

As it is, being drawn against Arbroath probably means we can rest players next weekend as well. 

You need to make sure you peak in April and May, not August and September, so get whoever needs it rested today. It'll also mean some good minutes in the legs for other players we might need down the line.

You play Shaun Rooney in every game this month then he picks up a knock in fortnight. James Brown has to play against Randers or LASK having barely played since pre-season. Use the squad. 

1 minute ago, Radford said:

Today is an utter irrelevance of a game in the grand scheme of things. Three points or no points, today isn't going to dicate how our league season pans out. 

The reason we had a good season last year is because the manager didn't shit his pants when we didn't get results in August and September.

Importance of games over the next week is Galatasaray, Arbroath and then this. 

As it is, being drawn against Arbroath probably means we can rest players next weekend as well. 

You need to make sure you peak in April and May, not August and September, so get whoever needs it rested today. It'll also mean some good minutes in the legs for other players we might need down the line.

You play Shaun Rooney in every game this month then he picks up a knock in fortnight. James Brown has to play against Randers or LASK having barely played since pre-season. Use the squad. 

If we were 5-0 down after Thursday that order of importance would be different. But there is so much at stake on Thursday - and we have the squad to make some changes today - that we need to make sure our best team is available for Galatasary.

Who had the toughest shifts last week? Probably Rooney, MOH, Davidson, maybe even Devine and Kane. I think we're in a position to rotate all five of them without dropping too far off quality wise.

Clark

Kerr Gordon McCart

Brown, McCann, Craig, Booth

Wotherspoon May Middleton

I'd be resting Wotherspoon, I wish I had ground covered figures but he did an unreal amount of work off the ball on Thursday.

I'd say Davidson, Wotherspoon and Kane all definitely get rested. Big shift from them all. Muzz you always want to protect, Wotherspoon has a lot of games played over the Summer and upcoming, and Kane isn't fully fit yet.

You'd then say we need minutes for Booth, Brown, Craig and May. All 4 have lacked minutes in friendlies etc., but might be needed for Thursday.

So back 5 of usual 3 CBs plus Booth and Brown.

Then 5 from Craig, McCann, Ballantyne, May, Hendry, MOH, Middleton.