Your Shopping Trolley

Dee Man

Your Shopping Trolley  

108 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Neatly return it to the trolley area and enjoy the strange satisfaction of pushing all the wee trolleys up against each other so they form one big "trolley train".

Repeat for any big trolleys that are there.

I always return to a trolley bay. It's the hallmark of an orderly society.

What annoys me is that I keep up my side of the bargain by returning the trolley to one of the designated places. Asda need to remember they have a part to play in ensuring the trolleys make their way from those designated places to the front of the shop, ready for further use. 

The other day I literally* fought someone for the last trolley at the door.

*Not literally. I basically walked a bit faster when I realised we were both aiming for it.

4 minutes ago, The Master said:

What annoys me is that I keep up my side of the bargain by returning the trolley to one of the designated places. Asda need to remember they have a part to play in ensuring the trolleys make their way from those designated places to the front of the shop, ready for further use. 

*Not literally. I basically walked a bit faster when I realised we were both aiming for it.

He looks raging that you got the last trolley . 

15C6B11C-598F-4E6E-A7A0-71FBC0179B57.jpeg

18 minutes ago, The Master said:

The Asda in Inverness are hoors for not replenishing the baskets at the front door.  You always need to traipse up the row of checkouts until you find one in one of the basket holders under said checkouts.

Or grab one out of another shoppers hand and empty their items onto the floor of course.

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

The Asda in Inverness are hoors for not replenishing the baskets at the front door.  You always need to traipse up the row of checkouts until you find one in one of the basket holders under said checkouts.

Or grab one out of another shoppers hand and empty their items onto the floor of course.

In our local supermarket, folk often go shopping then leave their groceries (messages) in their trolley and leave the trolleys in the storage area and go off and do whatever.  Thus, frequently there are no trolleys to be had for people who actually want to buy groceries.  Should also post this on the PTTGOYN thread actually. 

6 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Or grab one out of another shoppers hand and empty their items onto the floor over their head of course.

FTFY

1 hour ago, SANTAN said:

I don't return it to keep the good trolley folk in employment. Same way I chuck litter everywhere to make sure street cleaners have jobs. It's called society. 

13 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

All polls should be public. There's no point in designing a thread to out the arseholes when you can't see who the arseholes are. 

HTH

i usually do my shop at the aldi along great western road and theres always a trolley or two that don't need the pound coin to use

if i clock one in the parking lot i pick a space really near it, grab it and then return it to the same wee spot when I'm done.

If I'm at tesco or asda then yeah i return it, the only exception ive made a few times was at the height of the pandemic when the big Tesco maryhill was rammed whenever I went and you could just grab one of the multiple trolleys other folk had left at their arse, iirc there were kind of unofficial trolley bays where people clearly just got creative and dumped their trolleys at when they were done rather than walk about 5 minutes back to near the front of the store. Understandable imo, the trolley bays are all under the sheltered bits so if you're parked in one of the outdoor bays then taking your trolley back to the car, unloading the shopping then bringing the trolley back to a designated bay takes a few minutes rather than a few seconds.

It’s really not difficult to return a shopping trolly to where it should go.  It’s hard to understand the mindset of anyone who is a incapable of carrying out such a simple task.

Then again there are motorists who seem to struggle with the concept of indicators…

I always return my trolley to the trolley park in the car park but earlier this year, I went above and beyond my civic duty imo. On returning the trolley, there were only two in there already but crucially both were the wee shallow ones and they weren't shackled together like they should've been. No. Some absolute thundercunt had put the second one adjacent to the first and left me with no way of leaving mine there and retrieving my pound coin. I then returned mine to the front of the shop and on my way back, I fixed the problem. Using my now freed pound coin, I unlocked one of them and pushed it into the other one like it should be. 

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

It’s really not difficult to return a shopping trolly to where it should go.  It’s hard to understand the mindset of anyone who is a incapable of carrying out such a simple task.

Then again there are motorists who seem to struggle with the concept of indicators…

GD with his harem.

Gerry1.jpg

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

So I looked around a bit and found a dearth of studies on this matter, which seems well suited to some nosy c**t camping out on the roof of an Asda or such, and watching people for days on end. Would be interesting to study based upon affluence of surrounding neighborhood, gender, rough age and vehicle type/model.

However, Scientific American had a couple of posts in this:

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/anthropology-in-practice/why-dont-people-return-their-shopping-carts/

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/anthropology-in-practice/follow-up-the-reasons-people-dont-return-their-shopping-carts/#

The enjoyable responses are the ones where people try to explain how they are keeping people working by not returning their cart/trolley…lazy b*****ds!

Edited by TxRover