Season ticket sales

29 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

🤣

Just speaking from experience of taking a child. Everyone is different of course but we probably don't realise how long it is for a child. 

Hopefully you take her along and she loves it.

Going to try it once and have her mum on standby nearby to come and get her if she doesn't enjoy it.

10 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Speaking of being ripped off…. How you feeling today?

We got 24 times more money for Ali McCann than Dundee did for Glen Kamara...

22 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We got 24 times more money for Ali McCann than Dundee did for Glen Kamara...

Is that supposed to make it seem like a good deal or are you trying to use something that happened a couple of year ago and led to our relegation as some sort of 'zing'? 

Wonder if the same will happen to you.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Is that supposed to make it seem like a good deal or are you trying to use something that happened a couple of year ago and led to our relegation as some sort of 'zing'? 

Wonder if the same will happen to you.

I'd imagine having a fucking clownshoe of a manager had more to do with your relegation than selling Kamara, tbh.

Just now, RossDee01 said:

Kamara had already gone for free on a PCA but whatever helps you sleep at night.

Nothing can make me sleep at night now Eetu is here 😍

0_PPA_StJEetuVertainen-3.thumb.jpg.d82a1d21d768be629b74297a6d5c9101.jpg

I've not seen any figures for Ross County banded about, but expect they'll be down on previous years. Whether that's because of COVID-19 reasons, hiring a manager with a "questionable" background or because kids STs have gone from £5 to £60 remains to be seen.

There was an angry backlash against the rise in kids prices, but whilst badly communicated, it does make sense. We had hundreds of seats never being used because they were being bought up for kids without much thought. That's one of the reasons you would always see swathes of empty seats despite games against Rangers or Celtic officially being sell-outs.

It's also the case a junior Staggies Army membership, which comes with other benefits as well as a free ST, also costs £60 so there's a wider package available. £60 for 18-19 games also still pretty damn cheap.

I can't make many home games but I was considering a ST this year as I bought so many PPV games last season it would almost have paid for itself. As it is, we hired Malky Mackay and I've not spent a penny so far this season. Never mind, eh?

13 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Hearts have apparently sold 12,500 which is about 1,000 short of the record (2016/17)

I should add a caveat that last season's season tickets covered us for watching online but as we only got 14 home games we could claim a discount on the renewals.

There was briefly a strange inversion of he normal "early bird" offer where you could renew at full price for a limited period before the discount kicked in and apparently a  few thousand people did

Looking at your prices, it's pretty obvious that your fans are wealthier than most in Scotland (obviously, I suppose, given you're an Edinburgh club), but at the same time your fans have really backed the club. The fact you're now fan-owned is a MASSIVE achievement, and I really hope it bears fruit. 

I presume the 'strange inversion' is a result of charitable fans who see a few hundred quid as pocket money, and are happy to donate it?

13 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

We are around about 3600. 

Really poor all things considered. Feel like Covid has had an adverse impact on some of our support in that the casual fans have discovered other things to do on a Saturday.

3,600 is brilliant for a club of your size. That's not supposed to sound patronising, but clearly it does.

9 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Ticket prices for Scottish football are far too expensive.

Have you seen the prices down south. I'm pretty sure it's about £1,800 or more for some of the Premiership clubs. Aye, I know the football is better quality, but then again I enjoy the whole match day experience - walking to the ground, and seeing the crowds grow as you get closer; new signings and how they'll pan out; the optimism of starting a new season; away days and visiting new grounds; the banter between the fans; coming from a goal down to win a game; winning in the last minute; relief at avoiding relegation; beating one of the Old Firm. The quality of the football is, to me, only one component - and I don't think Scottish football is nearly as bad as it's made out to be; consider Jamie McGrath of St. Mirren played for the Republic of Ireland's first team this week.