Let's All Laugh at the Royalist Nats and Greens

The_Kincardine

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Nats are trying to make political capital out of the Ukraine situation. 

30 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

ScotchNat politicians

10 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

ScotchNats - which I know is a stretch.

your preferred bumbling prefix belatedly added so there is presumably no conflation with your own form of nationalism - the good kind 😂

3 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

your preferred bumbling prefix belatedly added so there is presumably no conflation with your own form of nationalism - the good kind 😂

1. You don't know what 'bumbling' means and 2. I'm simply pointing out ScotchNat hypocrisy here.  I'm not sure it has gone down brilliantly.

But, aye, "You're the real Nat" is a frequent accusation - without a hint of justification.

28 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

When you have partitionist-minded politicians applying principles abroad which they actively try and subvert at home you can't not see parallels.

But then if they could do joined-up thinking they'd not be supporting a movement of sedition.

Incredible stuff.

Ukraine was formerly part of a Union. It voted for and won its independence in a referendum. It's former and larger partner has now invaded it.

You: wow, eerily parallel to the situation in Britain here.

1. You don't know what 'bumbling' means and 2. I'm simply pointing out ScotchNat hypocrisy here.  I'm not sure it has gone down brilliantly.

But, aye, "You're the real Nat" is a frequent accusation - without a hint of justification.

Delete. why am I even debating with you 😂

Edited by KingRocketman II

5 minutes ago, Detective Jimmy McNulty said:

Incredible stuff.

Ukraine was formerly part of a Union. It voted for and won its independence in a referendum. It's former and larger partner has now invaded it.

You: wow, eerily parallel to the situation in Britain here.

The parallels are 'territorial integrity' and 'international law' - both ideas chucked about like confetti by a thicket of Nationalist who want them set aside in our own unitary nation-state.

3 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

your reason d'être is defending the UK from any potential "partition". Nothing else matters to you on here but your beloved United Kingdom. And Rangers. If that is not nationalism I don't know what is. 

Rangers is just a team playing a simple game of kickball and whom I have follow followed for many more years than you have existed.

The parallels are 'territorial integrity' and 'international law' - both ideas chucked about like confetti by a thicket of Nationalist who want them set aside in our own unitary nation-state.

Ah, so just doing your usual "but Scotland isn't a real country, honest" bad faith shtick then.

6 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

So, in conclusion - and to close this subject down - the daft wee tartan gonks don't like their elected politicians being shown up as raging hypocrites.  Dare to challenge them and they resort to all sorts of personal abuse.

So very 'politics thread'.

20220123_154121.jpg.42e50674d74c9c0addd99697c197d30f.jpg

3 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

The odd amusing literary flourish or arcane bit of nomenclature and a properly astounding capacity for household solvent just doesn't excuse the bigotry or tawdry bottom-drawer self loathing of your common or garden unionist tube.

That's about the gist of it..............................

1 hour ago, lichtgilphead said:

1) Does "Great Britain" exist as nation state today? If not, what on earth are you on about?

2) In 1707, modern day Ukraine was partly in Russia, and partly in the Ottoman empire. Are you looking for a return to these borders?

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

1) Great Britain still refers to the same thing - the delightful conjoining that we've all benefited from over 300+ years.

2)Apply the same thinking to Britain as they do to Ukraine. I'm all for 'territorial integrity' and 'international law' both at home and abroad. 

1) Dodge the question, why don't you! In addition, the Isle of Man was part of Great Britain in 1707. It isn't now, so you're talking bollocks again. I ask again "Does Great Britain exist as a nation state today?"

2) In 1707 (which you keep bangng on about for some unknown reason), a large part of Ukraine was part of Russia. Accordingly, do you agree with Putin when he states that historically Ukraine is Russian? That's the only conclusion I can take from your invitation to compare the 1707 British & Ukranian borders.

3 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

1) Dodge the question, why don't you! In addition, the Isle of Man was part of Great Britain in 1707. It isn't now, so you're talking bollocks again. I ask again "Does Great Britain exist as a nation state today?"

2) In 1707 (which you keep bangng on about for some unknown reason), a large part of Ukraine was part of Russia. Accordingly, do you agree with Putin when he states that historically Ukraine is Russian? That's the only conclusion I can take from your invitation to compare the 1707 British & Ukranian borders.

I know you like to blether - and you do to some great extent.

It's a simple point:  If you want to uphold 'territorial integrity' and 'international law' then do so at home as well as abroad.

No idea why you daft wee Nats get your sporrans fankled over what should be a blindingly obvious point - but you do.

15 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I know you like to blether - and you do to some great extent.

It's a simple point:  If you want to uphold 'territorial integrity' and 'international law' then do so at home as well as abroad.

No idea why you daft wee Nats get your sporrans fankled over what should be a blindingly obvious point - but you do.

In response to your "simple point", I personally believe in the right of self-determination, as enshrined in the United Nations Charter. You, by contrast, seem to believe that borders created in 1707 are irreversable. Personally, I believe that my views on this matter are more democratic, and more in keeping with the principles of international law.

With regard to the territorial integrity of Ukraine, I believe that their borders should be decided by the people resident in Ukraine. This right should extend to the people resident in any region of Ukraine, should they democratically choose to set up their own state, either alone, or by merging with another country.

However, I do not believe that these aims should be acheived by force, either internally or through invasion by a neighbouring country.

So, now I've answered your "simple point", why not answer the two simple questions I asked earlier?

17 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

In response to your "simple point", I personally believe in the right of self-determination, as enshrined in the United Nations Charter. You, by contrast, seem to believe that borders created in 1707 are irreversable. Personally, I believe that my views on this matter are more democratic, and more in keeping with the principles of international law.

Yeah just that you're talking nonsense.  There is nothing about our unitary nation-state that justifies its partition however much you and yours bleat about it.

A nation of 60+ million people should not be held to ransom- nor subverted by -a thicket of grievance-junkies.