Normal Island

It’s actually fascinating and newsworthy to watch, for the first time ever broadcast, the proclamation of the new King. All the formalities and gathering of prime ministers etc is quite interesting. Charles approving and agreeing to Penny Mourdant’s job description in effect!

What I’m weary of is the relentless non- news coverage on rolling news programmes. The usual types of grief- tourists and show offs with families on breakfast tv this morning, coming for the 2nd day in a row with their kids for a day out and hopefully get on the telly. 

The coverage will ramp up even more from tomorrow when the Queen moves to Edinburgh then London next. 

7 minutes ago, deegee said:

It’s actually fascinating and newsworthy to watch, for the first time ever broadcast, the proclamation of the new King. All the formalities and gathering of prime ministers etc is quite interesting. Charles approving and agreeing to Penny Mourdant’s job description in effect!

Great to see my local MP with a role.

A very proud moment.

Absolutely sick of folk saying it's the right decision to close football down today while they're all swanning off to the shops / pub / restaurants / cinema etc..

Since yesterday, Clyde1 been inviting people to call in with the stories of interactions with Queenie (now extended to include brood as Queen stories seem to be running out).

Guy this morning describes how he was at a royal garden party one time.

Presenter - "how did your meeting with her go"

Idiot - "Well I never got selected to meet her, but at one point I was really close to her"

*more inane chat*, then

Presenter - "So, you have great memories of that day then?"

Idiot - "Yes, I have a beautiful picture of when she was near me, she's there, facing the other way, talking to another guest".

So, you didnt get to meet her, and she never even looked in your direction.  Jeezo.

1 hour ago, gav-ffc said:

How? Did he do a fucking dance? How does the "I hate to tell you this lads, but the Queen has snuffed it" dance go? And how do you differentiate between their Queen the bee, and the Queen the not a bee in dance form? 

And how is the performance of a "the Queen is dead" dance not likely to result in imprisonment? 

2 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

How? Did he do a fucking dance? How does the "I hate to tell you this lads, but the Queen has snuffed it" dance go? And how do you differentiate between their Queen the bee, and the Queen the not a bee in dance form? 

And how is the performance of a "the Queen is dead" dance not likely to result in imprisonment? 

She just plays the smiffs m9