Normal Island

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Och, they'll all be out in October when the prisons get emptied.

Except they won’t.  People making light of this or adopting the ‘well they’re all arseholes’ line are a bit like the Trumpists in the States blindly supporting policies that have serious implications and sets worrying precedents.

The legislation that this prosecution took place under was enacted by a vicious right-wing government who, if /when re-elected, will use it more and more often against larger and larger groups who disagree with their policies.

The Niemoller words are, sadly, very relevant here.

These people caused a traffic jam. Five years seems a tad disproportionate. 

I think them, extinction rebellion and those vegans from the horse race are a bunch of attention seeking bell ends, i disagree with their views and i think their methods are dumb. 

But any jail time, never mind five years, for this? A traffic jam? The dystopian future has officially arrived. 

32 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Except they won’t.  People making light of this or adopting the ‘well they’re all arseholes’ line are a bit like the Trumpists in the States blindly supporting policies that have serious implications and sets worrying precedents.

The legislation that this prosecution took place under was enacted by a vicious right-wing government who, if /when re-elected, will use it more and more often against larger and larger groups who disagree with their policies.

The Niemoller words are, sadly, very relevant here.

You are having a laugh aren't you ? Trumpists and vicious right wing government, why not mention China, India, Pakistan, and Russia ? One trick pony.

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

These people caused a traffic jam. Five years seems a tad disproportionate. 

I think them, extinction rebellion and those vegans from the horse race are a bunch of attention seeking bell ends, i disagree with their views and i think their methods are dumb. 

But any jail time, never mind five years, for this? A traffic jam? The dystopian future has officially arrived. 

Allow me to play devil's advocate

The action resulted in chaos on the M25 over four successive days, causing nearly 51,000 hours of driver delays, the court heard. The protests closed parts of the motorway in Kent, Surrey, Essex and Hertfordshire.

People missed flights, medical appointments and exams. Two lorries collided, and a police motorcyclist came off his bike during one of the protests on 9 November 2022 while trying to bring traffic to a halt in a “rolling road block”.

Prosecutors alleged the protests led to an economic cost of at least £765,000, while the cost to the Metropolitan Police was put at more than £1.1m.

This, plus the ringleader causing ructions during the trial didn't help.

During the proceedings, Hallam was arrested three times for disobeying the orders of the judge.

He had also encouraged supporters to go to the court with signs saying: “Juries have a right to hear the whole truth."

On 2 July, some arrived with placards stating: "Jurors have an absolute right to acquit a defendant according to their conscience."

As a result the judge, apparently concerned that this could affect the jury’s decisions, ordered the arrests of 11 protesters for contempt of court.

6 hours ago, bennett said:

Dig deep folks.

The send off he deserves? The same boy who had been in the courts in the UK for being a wee dick and served community service orders? The same boy who was mixed up with drug dealers and allegedly stole a Rolex watch while in Tenerife? That boy? The send off he deserves? The send off he deserves is to just leave his remains where they found them and let the wildlife and elements dispose of them. f**k off, ya shameless grifting auld cow. 

The mad thing here is that all the braindead FB crowd will pitch in and this shameless scrounging cvnt will cream in about another £50k. The world's fucked.

30 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I once caused virtual gridlock in Dundee City centre after breaking down on the Tay road bridge. Horrendous thinking back.

My mum shut down the Kingsway in Dundee when she broke down on the (former) roundabout at the end of Forfar Rd.  This was after driving out of the Shell garage having put the wrong fuel in her new car.  

Wasn't long after that they replaced that roundabout with the traffic lights.  Coincidence? 🙄

2 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

My mum shut down the Kingsway in Dundee when she broke down on the (former) roundabout at the end of Forfar Rd.  This was after driving out of the Shell garage having put the wrong fuel in her new car.  

Wasn't long after that they replaced that roundabout with the traffic lights.  Coincidence? 🙄

*double roundabout.

4 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Are you accusing me of being a Dundonian?

How very dare you, Mr Sproat.

Many apologies, your erudite and knowledgeable musings on here should never have allowed me to make such a scurrilous accusation. 

1 hour ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I once caused virtual gridlock in Dundee City centre after breaking down on the Tay road bridge. Horrendous thinking back.

So it was your fault. 

Rangers thanked their travelling support as they announced the delay.

A statement released on Twitter said: “Tonight’s match at Dens Park will kick-off at 20:30 following severe traffic congestion in and around Dundee

1 hour ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

Fully expecting the shameless c**t to pop up as a new trustee on the Captain Tom Foundation, any day now.

She's a bit too low brow for the Captain Tom Spa building and executive positions. The Jay Slater Memorial Monument will be a 'bring your own White Lightning' affair with a blow up Lazy Boy hot tub on wooden pallet decking, covered by a gaffer-taped tarpaulin. After that and the funeral costs the remaining £40k of donations will go on Just Eat and Snappy Shopper deliveries.

Follows on from the Unionists having a normal one in South Belfast. What is it with folk and setting fire to bits of their scheme? Seems a counterproductive way to go about your life.