Aberdeen vs Motherwell - 6th November

1 minute ago, Gianfranco said:

Those stats are embarrassing. The league should be utterly embarrassed that we’re somehow sitting 5th despite being completely pish.

Kevin Van Veen baby!

That's the first time we've beaten a team above us this season. (I hesitate to say "Top Six team" because, well, it was only Aberdeen.)

Can't criticise Glass after that. 
Funnily enough that'll probably justify the tactics to Alexander but can't see them picking up much more wins like that.
All 5 of our wins have been that way, it's the way it's done now, it's the new moneyball.

It's easy to sit after games and noise up opposition fans about stats etc. , and great fucking fun too. However, it's very difficult to class watching us this season as 'entertainment'. For every game we steal like today, there will be one where we chuck points like vs St Mirren. 

I will celebrate the victory, but still lament the formation and tactics. To be sitting 5th in the league is some laugh right enough. 

The first half was utterly horrific from us and Maguire was a very lucky boy to stay on. I wouldn’t have believed you if you’d said at that point we’d win 2-0.

Still baffled by Slattery being dropped but I guess we got the result.

Other than that one which came off the post that Kelly scooped away and Ojala’s header off the line, were any of Aberdeen’s chances anything other than routine? I might be forgetting some with my tinted specs.

Can’t believe those tactics and number of shots are responsible for the fourth highest number of goals in the league.

6 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

The first half was utterly horrific from us and Maguire was a very lucky boy to stay on. I wouldn’t have believed you if you’d said at that point we’d win 2-0.

Still baffled by Slattery being dropped but I guess we got the result.

Other than that one which came off the post that Kelly scooped away and Ojala’s header off the line, were any of Aberdeen’s chances anything other than routine? I might be forgetting some with my tinted specs.

Can’t believe those tactics and number of shots are responsible for the fourth highest number of goals in the league.

Alexander was quoted in his press conference saying we had a few players carrying knocks. I take it Slattery was one.

15 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

It's easy to sit after games and noise up opposition fans about stats etc. , and great fucking fun too. However, it's very difficult to class watching us this season as 'entertainment'. For every game we steal like today, there will be one where we chuck points like vs St Mirren. 

I will celebrate the victory, but still lament the formation and tactics. To be sitting 5th in the league is some laugh right enough. 

Fair play, you had two shots on goal & scored both. 
That’s all that matters I suppose.

But to go out with the attitude from the start where you just commit foul after foul, and time waste from minute 1… f**k watching that every week.

Says it all about the quality of the SPFL. 

1 minute ago, Thenorthernlight said:

But to go out with the attitude from the start where you just commit foul after foul, and time waste from minute 1… f**k watching that every week.

We have the 4th highest goals scored in the league. The same amount as Dundee and St Johnstone combined.

5 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

I take issue with the ref, not Motherwell.

On 01/11/2021 at 16:38, Dons_1988 said:

Big test of the progress we’ve made and whether or not we’re just more effective against teams that have more of a go at us.

A matter of weeks since Motherwell made us look pretty silly with our possession based game and they could well do it again if we play the same passive game. 

As mentioned, watkins and hedges providing that transition from midfield into the final third has hopefully made our possession a bit more purposeful and not just a waiting game for the opposition before we make a mistake. 

Win this and glass can start justifiably saying we’ve maybe turned a corner. 

Test failed, no corner turned.