Ayr United v Partick Thistle - 13/11/21

Ayr were absolutely dreadful at Firhill, but I gather they aren’t usually quite as bad as that.
Same team again from us please. 2-0 Thistle. Rudden and Holt to score.

We’ve not been as bad as that since, but Duffy does seem to alter his tactics against the teams above us. Here’s hoping he can strike a balance between containing Rudden, Tiffoney and Smith and also causing Thistle more problems that we did in the away fixture.

I think we’ll probably lose but a win is a great opportunity for us to put a bit of breathing space between us and the teams below us what with them all playing the teams at the top of the league.

In terms of selection then I’d probably drop Adeloye and McKenzie and bring Muirhead and O’Connor back in for this.

McAdams

McAllister
Baird
Fjortoft
Reading

Chalmers
Muirhead
Murdoch

O’Connor
Afolabi
Maxwell

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

We’ve not been as bad as that since, but Duffy does seem to alter his tactics against the teams above us. Here’s hoping he can strike a balance between containing Rudden, Tiffoney and Smith and also causing Thistle more problems that we did in the away fixture.

I think we’ll probably lose but a win is a great opportunity for us to put a bit of breathing space between us and the teams below us what with them all playing the teams at the top of the league.

In terms of selection then I’d probably drop Adeloye and McKenzie and bring Muirhead and O’Connor back in for this.

McAdams

McAllister
Baird
Fjortoft
Reading

Chalmers
Muirhead
Murdoch

O’Connor
Afolabi
Maxwell

Aye, a win here would be massive for us. With the run of fixtures we have coming up, to go into those games with a win behind us could be hugely important for confidence and as you say possibly creating a small gap.

I'd be very happy with that lineup also. I think Afolabi has shown a lot more than Tomi in the last few weeks.

Chance to get back-to-back wins, and hopefully we can do so. Ayr were awful at Firhill but I’d expect them to be better at home, reckon we’ll probably keep the same team more or less. Sadly Mayo will need replaced but presumably Holt will just move along to CB again. Ideally keep another clean sheet but any win will do me. 

Mayo being out is a pain, I think it's more likely we end up shifting Holt to CB, Foster to LB and bring in McKenna at RB rather than a straight swap for McKenna at CB. 

Similar to how Morton were significantly better in the second game I would expect Ayr to show a marked improvement (not playing Sean McGinty probably means a 3 goal improvement for starters) and this to be 1-0 to someone. 

2 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Mayo being out is a pain, I think it's more likely we end up shifting Holt to CB, Foster to LB and bring in McKenna at RB rather than a straight swap for McKenna at CB. . 

Don’t think we’ll see McKenna at CB again unless absolutely necessary (although personally I always thought he was decent there).

Minimum disruption to the back 4 would then be Holt to CB and Hendrie comes in at LB, but given he’s only started one game and has been out the picture in recent weeks with no word of an injury then that seems unlikely. 

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Do you mean O’Briens? It’s now been renamed to the Drouthy Neighbours

Aye that's the one. Lukn forward to it. And on the way back no matter the result Edit to add a shame canny exchange banter with the hordes waiting for a train to Glasgow at Johnstone Glengarnock n Kilwinning

Edited by Ken Deans

Looks like a nice day for a trip to the seaside. Seems a good bit of confidence among the squad after the win at KFC last week and the defensive run of 1 goal conceded in six. 

The shutouts have been down to the consistent lineup which will be changed today due to Lewis Mayo being called up for the u21s. 

With the only two injuries being to two.centre halves we only really have Ciaran McKenna who could slot right in. However, the management see him as a right back. So i would guess he comes in there. Foster goes back to the left of defence and Holt shifts into the centre of defence.

Turner and Murray came into the side last week and played pretty well. Smith and Graham in the bench. 

Tiff, Docherty and Bannigan will certainly start. Rudden played really well up top with support from Murray. With the change in defence I think the six in front will stay the same especially as it is another game on the road.

Hard to comment on Ayr as they were dire on Duff’s first game after being given the manager’s gig. Their form looks pretty good either side though.

I doubt there will be such a clear cut winner today and I can see one goal or the odd goal in three deciding who takes the points.

Prediction.

Ayr Utd 0 Partick Thistle 1 (Rudden).

I reckon we'll get an absolute roasting today.

Obviously hope I'm wrong but I think mccall will be very aware of his first trip back to Somerset after he left when his team got hammered and he got massive pelters.

He was a fucking great manager for us and I reckon today he'll show want to rub our faces in it.

Gutted I'm not there, though. Looks like a beautiful day for a game.