Alloa v Dumbarton - the battle of who could care less

24 hours until kick-off and we don't have a match thread yet. Pretty much sums up the thoughts of both sets of fans for this one.

Normally quite like the away day trip through to Alloa, but my weekend football fix will be Sunderland v Ipswich. For those actually watching this one (either in person or online), does anybody have any thoughts on the game? Other than "dear god, lets just get it out the way and move on"?

Now Faz has offloaded the cursed manager of the month award to Stewart Petrie it would be nice to get back on track here. I'm struggling to see it though. Last week was as poor as we've been all season; and it looks like Ross MacLean could miss out. Which would be a massive blow.

Hopefully we see Callum Wilson handed a start, maybe Eoghan Stokes too, and Faz goes for it. We aren't a bad team going forward....we just cannot defend to save ourselves. Ironic given all we could do last season was defend.

We'll have to start taking our chances again in the way we did at the start of the season when we were fairly clinical. Fail to do that and we've got no chance.

19 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Now Faz has offloaded the cursed manager of the month award to Stewart Petrie it would be nice to get back on track here. I'm struggling to see it though. Last week was as poor as we've been all season; and it looks like Ross MacLean could miss out. Which would be a massive blow.

Hopefully we see Callum Wilson handed a start, maybe Eoghan Stokes too, and Faz goes for it. We aren't a bad team going forward....we just cannot defend to save ourselves. Ironic given all we could do last season was defend.

We'll have to start taking our chances again in the way we did at the start of the season when we were fairly clinical. Fail to do that and we've got no chance.

I don't think McLean missing is a bad thing right now. It hasnt really been going for him lately and he's not getting the 50/50 decisions in his favour or any of the wee sly nudges/shirt pulls on him. He's getting wound up in games. It wouldn't hurt to get him focused again. A front 4 of Orsi and 3 from Wilson, Stokes, McKee and Duthie still has potential. I'd be more worried by a midfield duo of Paton and Geggan. For me Geggan has to be dropped and Carlo needs to be playing central midfield. Paton and Geggan are just too slow together. 

18 quid is absolutely wild! I was planning on watching it but that’s getting patched.

Nae idea how we’ll line up, it’s hard to make an argument for any of our players starting today other than Schiavone. Fully expecting a comfortable home win, especially after Faz confirming that confidence is low among the squad. 

7 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Won't be attending and I certainly won't be chucking Mulraney 18 quid for fucking stream, the robbing b*****d. Hopefully the team can surprise us but I expect a comfortable 2-0 home win. 

What do you reckon is the cutoff for what you'll pay?

7 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Won't be attending and I certainly won't be chucking Mulraney 18 quid for fucking stream, the robbing b*****d. Hopefully the team can surprise us but I expect a comfortable 2-0 home win. 

Totally agree with you guys I wouldn't pay £18 for a stream either, although ours is one of the better ones Lewis does a great job, but we don't set the prices that is down to our leader, at least dick Turpin wore a mask & carried pistols so people knew he was a robber, he has been ripping us off at cup games for seasons

29 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

I really feel streams at this level should be no more than £10, but I understand clubs charging up to £12. Anything more than that is taking the piss. I have paid more than that in the past, grudgingly, but our poor form coupled with the price makes it an easy swerve today. 

9 minutes ago, waspie13 said:

Totally agree with you guys I wouldn't pay £18 for a stream either, although ours is one of the better ones Lewis does a great job, but we don't set the prices that is down to our leader, at least dick Turpin wore a mask & carried pistols so people knew he was a robber, he has been ripping us off at cup games for seasons

Eighteen quid is too dear but if Sons were playing well I would pay it.  But, and I hate to say it, we are truly grim to watch right now and if it were free today I still wouldn't watch it.

33 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Anything over 12 quid is poor value for money, regardless of the quality. I’d agree with Moonster that a tenner should be the ball park figure for a stream. For example the Peterhead stream is £10, for Alloa to be charging a full £8 more is fairly ridiculous. 

25 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

On the price, it's tied to the gate price to force you to attend the game - granted I don't think anyone who wants to come to the game buys a stream if they can attend.

At £6 I'd be interested to see if that was still true.

This is the perfect example of increasing your prices not necessarily increasing your profits. I now know of 5 people (3 on this forum) who would have paid £10/12 for the stream but won't pay the £18. You have to assume there are a fair few others too.

It's fair enough but I, like you, believe that anyone who wants to go to the game will go and anyone else will be put off by that £18 price tag.

Edited by squeezebox-son

24 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

On the price, it's tied to the gate price to force you to attend the game - granted I don't think anyone who wants to come to the game buys a stream if they can attend.

Alloa could be offering free entry and a free pie with complimentary horn of ale and I’d still not be attending. I reckon most folk who plan on purchasing the stream were never going to attend in the first place.

31 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Being forced to attend the game is not an option for some supporters. Surely 10 or 12 quid is better than SFA?